Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefish1680

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Anyone want to sell me their case with the magnets that are not working? I don't mind the magnets not working and would rather buy a less expensive case.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
Anyone want to sell me their case with the magnets that are not working? I don't mind the magnets not working and would rather buy a less expensive case.

I would be willing to sell my Lexington case to you once I get my replacement. Send me a PM or email if you are interested.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
i called them about the magnet problem and just got return lable. If I buy a new one, should it be fine ?

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010

I am doing a giveaway of the non magnet version on my YouTube channel when I receive the magnet version. My video can be found in the original post.

scdad

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
OK, so after some time of using this case I have to post some comments. I like the sleekness of the case. It has a good feel, light weight, and solid stand options. The lack of working magnets were not a deal breaker for me (especially since they've committed to sending me a new one for free), but the buckle is annoying! It works great to close and secure the case, but when you're using the ipad the buckle is either flopping around or getting more difficult to fasten when the cover is flipped around. If you don't secure the buckle when using the case, then the cover shifts a bit. I hate to be so picky, but long term I want a case that I'm really pleased with. I want a case that does not cover the front bezel and I'd prefer something that does not have the trifold concept as it seems the stand is unstable (correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm now considering Belkin, Speck, Joy smartsuit, and maybe icarer. Any other good options based on these criteria? The seidio active is still on my short list as I love the way it looks plus has top level protection. I appreciate so many helpful posts so I thought I'd reciprocate.

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
Problem solved of holding it with the strap and sliding around. lol.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0279 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0279 (Large).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,100

scdad

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
Obviously I've tried that, but it's not a permanent solution. I prefer not to be limited in how to hold the case. Isn't that the idea to have full functionality? Thanks for trying.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
wow.

Glad I found this thread. My wife wanted an Incipio lexington in grey as soon as it was available. Definately not getting one of those now...

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
Just got my Lexington delivered here in Canada. It's actually a decent case and not bad if we get to keep the non-magnet ones after we get the replacements (and sell one or the other for say half the price of a new one). The tab is a bit annoying but you get used to it. I really like the feel of the material and doesn't add too much bulk overall. Horrible smell out of the box though! But after a day, the smell is gone.

Swiss Miss

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
It smells like PayLess shoe store when you first get it. :p

I really do love this case. It suits my needs perfectly. Zero bulk, and the "vegan leather" is great quality. Haters gonna hate...

The one thing I wish they specified better on the site is the light gray interior on the black case. It would have been better if it was black interior to hide any marks.

I'll be giving my brother my old one for his iPad 3 once I get the the fixed version. He doesn't care about magnets and doesn't like his case from Maroo, says its too bulky.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010

Ill sell you my black Incipio lexington for 30 dollars if you want, its brand new in the box.

I live in New york, send me a private message if you want it.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Sorry to bump this but I just received my incipio lexington case I pre-ordered on amazon before all this magnet stuff began.. Anyway my order was delayed until april 4th when it shipped. I just got it and the case lacks any magnets at all interestingly enough the packaging the case came in advertised the magnet feature. I have emailed support and am awaiting a reply.

Anyway my question is, has anyone actually received their replacement case with magnets as some people have mentioned in amazon reviews? I don't mind that the case lacks magnets but at the same time I was advertised a feature when ordering and I feel cheated in a way. Anyway if some of you would share your experiences I would appreciate it.

sal

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2007
Anyway my question is, has anyone actually received their replacement case with magnets as some people have mentioned in amazon reviews?.

people in amazon are saying they already received their replacement cases? News to me.
But I don't think they have shipped them yet. I am still waiting for mine. You gotta email support about the problem. Then they will ask you to email and confirm order number plus address so get added to their list.

I emailed them 3 weeks ago and nothing yet. I am going to give them another week before I bug them again. If there is a delay I can understand. But a simple email from the company to everyone who ordered one is not asking for much. Especially if its taking longer than their "one week" estimate

skh41

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012
Just called Incipio....

They said there was a delay in getting them, but they have been told they should be here by the end of the week with working magnets.

skh41

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2012
Gray/light gray cases

I noticed the gray/light gray color is now listed for sale on their website. I called asking about the sleep/wake function they said yes, this color has the working sleep/ wake function. Hopefully rest of the colors will be coming soon for those waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.