Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaypeebee

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2003
I bought Creative Labs portable speakers, ($139) to use with my iPOd. They run on rechargable AAA batteries and fold closed to the size of an electric razor. I listen to acoustic jazz, chamber music, solo piano, cabaret singers and some orchestral music on them. The sound, if not driven too loud, is clear and well formed. Bass is adequate for a hotel room. The combination of iPod and these are fabulous for a traveler. I can't imagine the Altec Lansing's would sound any better than these.

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
never heard of a boom box...

some of you ppl don't see the point to this item..so let me explain it to you...a long time ago in the 1980's there a was a music machine called the "boom box" it was something you could play music on so your friends could even hear it...you could take it to any street corner and bust a move on any street corner with a piece of cardboard..this is what they are trying to accomplish here...its called sharing. headphones make you unapproachable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.