Intel ibook is coming out in April.

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
so that ruins my hope of a macportable. But maybe the new ibook will be like my speculative mac portable.

EDIT:
…MacPortable will be something for the 30th. available in 5 colors (white, black, metallic black, platinum, and aluminium.) 11,13, or 15" widescreen, airport extreme, bluetooth, 802.11n maybe, wireless card (you choose between service like verizon/vodafone, cingular,etc.). It will be light(er) than the ibook and powerbook(MBP), 1" thin, switchable bay (like switch between superdrive, dl superdrive, and extra hdd, battery etc.) core duo available for 13 and standard on 15, core solo for 11 and 13 standard. It would NOT be a pro laptop so its not a MBP, but its more designed for travel then ibook (MB).…
… the MacPortable would have 6 hours of battery plus the expandable bay to 15 hours. And will automatticly turn off what your not using (if no airports are available, it goes into low power standby, etc.)
sony makes something SIMILAR to what i would want. If it wasn't for windows on it, it would probably be close enough to settle for.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=tjIA6nCH_BIA6DNT9s8K4T-LGTYYDrCoStU=?CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_TXSeries&Dept=computers

finalcoolman

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
yankeefan24 said:
so that ruins my hope of a macportable. But maybe the new ibook will be like my speculative mac portable.

EDIT:

sony makes something SIMILAR to what i would want. If it wasn't for windows on it, it would probably be close enough to settle for.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=tjIA6nCH_BIA6DNT9s8K4T-LGTYYDrCoStU=?CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_TXSeries&Dept=computers
Oh man, Sony stuff is gorgeous and made in Japan to boot.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
matd said:
:rolleyes: Apple is going to release iLife '07 in January 2007

Same accuracy ;-)
That is fairly accurate... as its fairly probable... thus meaning that powermac_daddy's supposed information is fairly accurate.. is that what you meant?

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
nitynate said:
and by tomorow do you mean today?
and by today do you mean three weeks last tuesday?

Seriously though I hope they do release one soon with either a 12" or 13.1" widescreen display.....

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
I have a buyer for my iBook now at a very good price. I wish the iBooks were out so i could upgrade and sell off my iBook. I don't really want to be laptopless for a few months but i also really can't turn down this offer.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
powermac_daddy said:
you don't know what you are talking about son

and you seem too....

a newbie coming on here and posting "100%" accurate information? been there, seen that, noticed a whole lot of disappointed macrumors users without their new tshirts... :rolleyes:

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
bigandy said:
and you seem too....

a newbie coming on here and posting "100%" accurate information? been there, seen that, noticed a whole lot of disappointed macrumors users without their new tshirts... :rolleyes:
Well if this newbie happens to be Steve Jobs, then who am I to question. ;) :D

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
I got one!

The new iBooks came out today and I got one!!!!

Anyway... do we have any reason to believe that this information is accurate?

myshoeshurt

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Ohhhh boy... I hope this is true and confirmed soon... my funds for a new laptop came up sooner than I expected... I might just buy a MacBook Pro since I'm too impatient!