Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
anyone else been using Zoom to make the display not as bright? It's been fixed:(

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Beta messed up my iPad Air 2. Getting half of the usual multi core scores and a drop in single core. iPad pro is fine

822e8b871f36a9a43e6ca799561a77c7.png

Last edited:

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
After updating to latest Beta this notification keeps showing.. restarted, deleted Beta profile, still showing :( 6s

Delete the update from Storage & Usage settings.
[doublepost=1493134051][/doublepost]
Love my new CC on this beta!! Lol..
anybody else got this too?
Not that bad actually! :D
[doublepost=1493134088][/doublepost]
still too bright in a pitch black room
Use display accommodation's white point setting.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
iOS 10.3.2 beta 4 on iPhone 7 opening and closing the control centre and scrolling through the app switcher doesn't feel as smooth as iOS 10.3.1 (is that the latest non beta release?)

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Are your eyes sensitive to bright things or something? Because the display at the lowest setting isn't bright at all.
Hey man, easy on accusing people left and right for something you don't understand. The dimmest setting on the iPhone IS too bright many times when you are in dark room. If you haven't experienced this, good for you. "Isn't bright at all" is not a good way describing something nor is your post helpful to his concern.

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I ask this every beta, how is scrolling performance on a 6s? Any lags, stutters, or dropped frames or is it smooth? This has been a big issue for me through 10.x.

Reactions: calibru_2good_4u

Kalloud

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2016
I ask this every beta, how is scrolling performance on a 6s? Any lags, stutters, or dropped frames or is it smooth? This has been a big issue for me through 10.x.
On my 6s everything seems very smooth.
There are areas however in which there has always been some frame drops, even on iOS 9.
For example, scrolling in the YouTube app sometimes stutters badly whereas it is silky smooth at other times. I haven't been able to figure out when exactly it does lag, but I think it is usually when the battery percentage is a little low.
Also, scrolling a long note in the notes app has always been stuttery, even on iOS 9.
Believe it or not, in my experience on an i6s, scrolling and general performance on the latest iOS versions is better than any version of iOS 9. I remember that even the App Store would drop some frames when scrolling on iOS 9, it is not that noticeable though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaw3000

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2014
Hey man, easy on accusing people left and right for something you don't understand. The dimmest setting on the iPhone IS too bright many times when you are in dark room. If you haven't experienced this, good for you. "Isn't bright at all" is not a good way describing something nor is your post helpful to his concern.
I agree that many people have experienced that. Especially with white backgrounds on webpages or in whatever app. That why dark mode is appreciated on apps like twitter and reddit. And why people were so excited about the rumored iOS dark mode; yes it would still be the same brightness, but it would be easier on the eyes when you are in night vision.

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
On my 6s everything seems very smooth.
There are areas however in which there has always been some frame drops, even on iOS 9.

Believe it or not, in my experience on an i6s, scrolling and general performance on the latest iOS versions is better than any version of iOS 9. I remember that even the App Store would drop some frames when scrolling on iOS 9, it is not that noticeable though.

Thanks for the response! iOS 9.3.5 was far better than 10.0 for me on my 6s. I noticed fairly severe frame drops and lags scrolling in Safari and long lists (like Messages or songs in Music). Hopefully, this has been fixed and improved upon as iOS 10 has progressed and been optimized. It sounds like perhaps it has. Out of curiosity, do you know if your 6s has a Samsung or TSCM A9 chip?

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I have a Samsung chip.
What version of iOS are you running?

iPhone 6s Plus (Samsung A9). I am on 9.3.5 now. I downgraded from 10.0.1 while I still could months ago. I have kept an eye on the subsequent 10.x releases and betas trying to determine when I should upgrade, hoping this issue could be rectified as iOS 10 was optimized. It seems with each release, there were still those plagued by scrolling lags and dropped frames, and others who had no issues at all. I have no idea about the latest beta, so I was asking.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
thank you
no way I'm the only one that finds those full white webpages blinding

Reactions: Chazzle
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.