iOS 10 Carrier Updates Causing Issues for T-Mobile Users in U.S., Telstra Users in Australia

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 15, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

The combination of upgrading to iOS 10 and installing the latest carrier updates appears to be causing issues for some T-Mobile and Telstra customers in the United States and Australia respectively, crowdsourced information suggests.

[​IMG]

A number of T-Mobile and MetroPCS customers claim that once their iPhone loses service temporarily, the device is unable to reestablish a cellular connection unless it is fully restarted or network settings are reset. The issue appears to have started after the latest 25.1 carrier update on iPhones running iOS 10.

MacRumors reader GCHASE1995:
    Reddit user Hitokill:
    Meanwhile, several Telstra customers in Australia report that Visual Voicemail no longer works after updating to iOS 10 and installing the latest carrier update. "I have no indication that a voicemail has been left and nothing shows up in the voicemail section," wrote one user. "Voicemails are definitely being left though."

It is unclear if Apple is aware of these issues, but they will likely be resolved in a future software or carrier update.

Article Link: iOS 10 Carrier Updates Causing Issues for T-Mobile Users in U.S., Telstra Users in Australia

2. BeauGiles macrumors member

A Telstra employee replied in that Whirlpool thread, confirming they are aware of it, and it's not limited to iOS 10.

Just a update – we've narrowed the issue down and it is not specific to iOS 10, we've found it on users with iOS 9 as well. Still working to address it.​

3. Southshore macrumors member

Southshore

T-Mobile definitely affected - have major issues even texting, hugely disappointed.

4. freepomme Suspended

5. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

Really? My service is working just fine, wonder if it's area thing?

6. BeauGiles macrumors member

Configure data APNs, voicemail numbers, VoLTE settings, WiFi Calling... the works!

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201270

7. ghsNick macrumors 68030

ghsNick

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

Randomly happened to me yesterday. Just totally lost cellular connectivity. It came back on after a phone call though.

9. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

No issues here for mine or my wife's in California

10. willdude macrumors regular

11. kappaz macrumors member

Had this happen to me yesterday. Hit a dead cell spot where it went to no service and it would not reestablish a connection until I restarted the phone.

12. emm386 macrumors 6502

emm386

Now who's to blame here?

Apple is probably already "investigating". As usual. Something they prefer over testing prior to rollout.

And they will claim that only a tiny insignificant amount of users were affected. As usual.

13. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Has nothing to do with the Carrier Update for me. I'm on 25.0 and just as the story broke on Macrumors my service started getting wonky this morning.

14. ghsNick macrumors 68030

ghsNick

It happens to my wife in our house (because the roof makes it a dead spot?) so whenever she leaves and disconnects from WiFi she has to restart her phone. She has a 6 and runs iOS 10.

I have a 6s Plus in iOS 10 and don't have any issues when leaving my house.

15. joueboy macrumors 68000

To ruined your day! Their customers already suffered from spotty coverage, here's another way to stop them from using. I guess to clear out some bandwidth traffic so other could enjoy a little of better control connection. :rolleyes:

16. avanpelt macrumors 68030

My iPad Pro that has a T-Mo SIM in it is on carrier 25.1 after upgrading to iOS 10. My iPhone 6 that has an AT&T SIM in it is on carrier 25.0 after upgrading to iOS 10. I don't use my iPad Pro for calling (obviously) but so far cellular data is working just fine. Admittedly, I have not gone to an area that did not have T-Mobile coverage as one person asked earlier in this thread.

17. predation macrumors 65816

Macrumor saves the day. I declined my carrier up date.

18. coolfactor macrumors 601

Title is incorrect. This is not iOS 10-specific. It's strictly the carrier update that's at issue, which just so happened to coincide with the iOS 10 update. According to Telstra, this same problem affects iOS 9 users, too. It's the carrier upgrade that's buggy, not iOS 10.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    And you're quick to assume that it's Apple's fault, when it's actually a carrier update that's the problem. Does Apple create those, or do the carriers? (I honestly don't know)

19. ovo6 macrumors 6502a

20. Rocketman macrumors 603

Rocketman

Put an update TODAY to revert to the last version.

21. Jramsey macrumors newbie

On 25.1 and on iOS 10, did carrier updates yesterday through iTunes and everything is working as it should.

22. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

I used to have them when they had unlimited data but the switched my plan without my permission so I left them. T-Mobile is great though :)

23. gmcalpin macrumors 6502

gmcalpin

Same. T-Mobile in Boston up in here. :1

24. dmdietz macrumors newbie

dmdietz

This is happening to me. It won't automatically reconnect to the network after losing signal. I also updated through iTunes. I'm hoping T-Mobile rectifies this soon. I don't want to have to revert to 9.3.5.

25. freepomme Suspended

I was hoping it would mean faster speeds. Everybody wants LTE A