Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Depends, if someone updates their iPhone while they need it badly it's partly their own stupidity, people should always update when at home when they can acces a computer/update when you don't need your iPhone badly.

Their own stupidity? There is no disclaimer by Apple that says to update at home near a computer. In fact Apple is trying to phase out laptops with iPad pros. So this nonsense that you should be home near a computer when updating is just that, nonsense.

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
My wife is on IOS8 and refuses to update...
Sensible.
Personally; I expect the adoption rate is partly because people want to get off ios9. If you're lucky/sensible enough to still be on a better version like ios8; the decision is much harder.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Married people won't like it if they don't know how to turn off all the information in the notification screen.

Yeah my ex would have been sweating like pig if iOS 10 came out while we were together. Lol! He was bad at technology and wouldn't know what to do.

Al'sDad

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
I installed it OTA on a 6s+, a 6, and an iPad Air 2. All went smoothly, with no issues.

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Overall I really like iOS 10. Adds useful features and tweaks unlike the last few major updates. One thing that is killing me though is how banner notifications stack up and display all at once when you first unlock your phone if you haven't looked at it for a while. Very annoying.

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
Their own stupidity? There is no disclaimer by Apple that says to update at home near a computer. In fact Apple is trying to phase out laptops with iPad pros. So this nonsense that you should be home near a computer when updating is just that, nonsense.

After the update started to crater for the OTA updaters, there was Apple Support Twitter telling those people that they should hardwire update through iTunes to resolve their disabled iDevice ... P!SS OFF Apple.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I like I was 10 but why does it feel like it's regressing on the iPad? Other than split view iOS on iPad just seems like iPhone software ported to bigger screen. Do not like.

Reactions: BvizioN

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.

Well, that is your opinion.
There are also plenty of people losing their personal data like pictures/videos when their iPhone breaks/get stolen, without a backup, that is stupidity, same like updating any OS when you have important things to do, need your device badly, it shouldn't happen that a device gets "bricked" (I Agree) but the fact is, it does happen once in a while, it's software made by humans.

Reactions: BvizioN and ai46

thedommer2000

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
CarPlay on my 2016 Civic is a bloody mess now. Works for maybe 5 minutes when it works. I've also had a LOT of weird buggy things happen. Might have to try a reinstall to see if that fixes it. But so far, hate this update.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Is it just me or did something change?
When I first turned it on after the update the colors seemed more vibrant.
This is on a 6 plus.
Maybe just my glasses were cleaner? LOL!

Bregalad

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Vancouver
So slide to unlock is gone completely in favour of TouchID? That's going to suck this winter. I have gloves with a special pad on the index finger that lets me interact with my iPhone, but it obviously doesn't transmit fingerprints.

Reactions: NMBob

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
I stealth updated my wife's last night when she went to bed. She wasn't happy, but wasn't totally unhappy. Such is the married life.

Haha!! I did the same exact thing. She wasn't happy either until I started putting Alto's adventure llama stickers on all of her texts, and now she is happy as a clam about the update. I seriously haven't seen her this giddy in a long time. Headline: iOS 10 is better than marriage counseling.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
CarPlay on my 2016 Civic is a bloody mess now. Works for maybe 5 minutes when it works. I've also had a LOT of weird buggy things happen. Might have to try a reinstall to see if that fixes it. But so far, hate this update.

during the betas IOS 10 was a mess with carplay, but I have not had any issues in the last 2-3 weeks.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I haven't swiped to unlock my phone since I got touch ID like... three years ago. I actually hadn't even though about that until I read your comment, and now it feels really weird to say.
I still use swipe to unlock occasionally. Let say you have your fat face fully into a drippy bbq sandwich. It's delicious, but all your fingers are greasy and you need to answer a call or check a stock or tweet or whatever it is you do. The greasy fingers won't work with Touch ID and you wouldn't want to touch your phone anyway. So you swipe-unlock using a non-greasy knuckle.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I tried updating this morning and after installing it required my phone to connect to iTunes and told me that it either needed to restore to factory settings or update back to 9.3.5. So I currently haven't been able to update -__-
I was able to update 3 phones and an iPad over the air yesterday with no issues.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Been a great update so far, really only complaint has been a feeling of far less battery life, but, it is still a new release.

I have a dim memory from past updates that battery usage goes up after an update - uploading revised apps, the system indexing the content on the phone, learning about your habits with respect to the phone use etc. - but then tends to go down again.
dtipIconHover.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.