Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
wtf is federighi doing these days?
I have a dream.
Craig (for the Sake of Mankind...) is swiping Joni from the inside out in order to get the headphone jack back. Aarghh, I don't want to wake up anymore !!!

Last edited:

OGSherpa

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2017
Can Notification Center or whatever it is called now be dragged down while using reachability? Used that much more than 3D Touch app switcher (happy to see that one come back though).
Not on this beta unfortunately.

Capric0rn

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
I bet this is something Apple has been working on. Cross device gesture issues are very much alive in IOS 11 due to iPhone X coming and the removal of the home button. You'll see some changes on many things come Beta 11.2... they need to get X out and running first. But then again I thought the same with this switcher and here it is.. so maybe they are working faster then I originally thought.

The switcher was confirmed to come back shortly after the release of iOS 11 though. I just hope they'll fix it during this during either the beta of 11.1 or 11.2. It's been annoying me since iOS 11 beta 3. Have to retype my quick replies so many times.

mrcarter2

macrumors member
May 26, 2013
This feature is definitely back in much better form than before it left. Requires much less pressure to activate, works better with a case, and it also seems to be able to more clearly distinguish between the user wanting to switch apps and simply open the app switcher (swipe a little to activate the switcher, swipe all the way to the right to switch apps). I'll definitely be using it more now than I did prior to its removal.

Reactions: Ntombi

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
Didn’t know you were OS software backend engineers. Clearly you know more about the programming of an entire OS and the interconnectivity of features than Apple does.

Whether I’m a backend engineer or not, Apple is exhibiting lack of polish when releasing os’s.

We all pay them a pretty penny when buying their products. FFS, release a polished OS.

By the time ios11 gets ironed out, welcome ios12.

“Oh, we’ll take care of that later, just meet SOP.”

Reactions: Ds6778

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
I'm glad this is back for the people that enjoy it. I never used it; found it a bit too awkward to get right every time.

Reactions: Seanm87

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
Whether I’m a backend engineer or not, Apple is exhibiting lack of polish when releasing os’s.

We all pay them a pretty penny when buying their products. FFS, release a polished OS.

By the time ios11 gets ironed out, welcome ios12.

“Oh, we’ll take care of that later, just meet SOP.”

At one point I would have disagreed with you but I am TIRED of the constant cycle of going from rather polished to "we missed basic stuff", rise, repeat.

Reactions: predation

applemumba

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2007
Have they fixed the randomly turning on live photo feature of the camera that I always have turned off but for some reason seems to just turn itself on from time to time when opening the camera. Very frustrating.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
If a majority of users liked the feature then it’s cool that it came back. Personally i’ve only used this a couple of times when I thought about it being there. But with iPhone X coming I think I may use it a lot more. :)

ryanasimov

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
I run with my iPhone and even if I use an armband with a Home Button cutout my hands are usually too sweaty for my fingerprint to register. The 3D task-switcher is an absolute MUST for me, so the return makes me very happy!

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
At one point I would have disagreed with you but I am TIRED of the constant cycle of going from rather polished to "we missed basic stuff", rise, repeat.
This is the cycle they are locked into. The issue is if they say go off and take a year to do nothing but polish they get dinged for can't innovate. Then the see google can do X Y Z even though they release them and they sit in the queue for device makers for up to 6 months before they ship while being improved on. The issue apple has is they want to prevent fragmentation and to do that they have to support so many devices they are getting spread thin. It time for another iOS 9 hey we suck sorry tour.

Reactions: bwintx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.