Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
I am experiencing a bug after updating to iOS 11.2.2 on my iPhone X. When entering and exiting an app, an incorrect time and incorrect battery measure is showing, as seen in the video. Focus on the top right and top left corners, when entering and exiting apps. I rebooted the device. Couple of hours later, the same thing started happening again. It is really annoying, as I usually check the time as I exit an app, right before turning of the phone. It got me confused for a split second, and sometimes still fall for it. Anyone else experiencing this?

Reactions: Jabar18

Jabar18

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2015
Mine is doing that too! Apple replaced the iPhone because they thought it could be a bad CPU chip, or whatever it's called. Same issue on the new phone!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-wrong-time-bug-glitch.2119502/

I'm thinking it's got to be a bad sim card at this point. I'm going to go get my sim replaced. We'll see if that's it.

THANK GOD someone else is having a similar issue. I was going mad because Apple can't figure out what it is that's causing it.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
Mine is doing that too! Apple replaced the iPhone because they thought it could be a bad CPU chip, or whatever it's called. Same issue on the new phone!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-wrong-time-bug-glitch.2119502/

I'm thinking it's got to be a bad sim card at this point. I'm going to go get my sim replaced. We'll see if that's it.

THANK GOD someone else is having a similar issue. I was going mad because Apple can't figure out what it is that's causing it.
I would recommend to do a factory restore on the iPhone and set up as NEW iPhone. Do NOT put the old backup on the phone after restoring it. Start fresh and see if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.