Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
I have an iPad pro 10.5 on iOS 10 that run very fast and the battery is very good!! I am wondering the same as other people..does it worth to upadte on iOS 12!??? People that have iPad pro what's you Opinion?
iOS 12 is faster than 11. Compared to 10, very slightly faster on some operations, slightly slower on others. But you get two years of features including the ones from 11, which are iPad specific. If you use your Pro as a mac replacement, i would say update. iOS10 multitasking is horrible.

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
It's worth. I am using the IPP 10.5 (256 GB, wifi+cell) and it's not only considerably faster than 10.3.2, it has some cool additions and I haven't noticed any battery issues so far.

iOS 10 is garbage in comparison. And 11 I don't recommend anyone to continue using due to the battery problems reported everywhere.

Ettepetje

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2018
I have an iPad pro 10.5 on iOS 10 that run very fast and the battery is very good!! I am wondering the same as other people..does it worth to upadte on iOS 12!??? People that have iPad pro what's you Opinion?
I have several iPad Pro’s 2017 on IOS 11 in frequent use, and will keep them there. IOS 12 to me is crap for recent tablets. Sad to see iPhone X standards and methods being adopted to large screen devices, especially the notch influence on devices that haven’t got a notch.

And 11 I don't recommend anyone to continue using due to the battery problems reported everywhere.
IOS 11 is mostly fine. Have had zero battery issues. The iPads have functioned decently enough. Though sofar they have not been living up to laptop-replacement level yet.

I HAVE issues with IOS and iPhone X dealing with ridiculously lousy hotspot-support, enforced 3G/4G download limits of 250MB, first backups on iCloud needing to be FULL backups, and many of these other dinosaurs and badly designed mechanisms you cannot side-step.

Warhawk15

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
I’ve been using it on my iPad Air 2 since it was officially released and have found it slightly faster, not a whole lot though.

Been weird getting used to the new gestures but I like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.