Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
The problem I had was a call I made where I had to listen to recording, then use the keypad to press appropriate numbers. The phone would go blank, and not wake up, when I still needed to press numbers. It did that twice to me. I hope it is a bug, and not the phone. I use a 11 pro.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
IOS 14 is a work in progress and will probably take 3 months or more till we really get everything working. Hopefully developers are working 24/7 to get this right. (Wishfull thinking)

Reactions: MJ22

SaguaroSeven

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2020
Washington DC
Can anyone confirm that the Unifi Network app doesn't work on iOS 14? Mine doesn't and I contacted their support but I'm not sure they believe there is a problem.
For me, the app requires BT permission to connect to my controller, still under iOS/iPadOS 14.0.1. That is a bug/error. It worked fine before iOS 14 and there is no reason BT is involved in connecting to controller running on a Mac. Did you report directly to support or via their community?

SaguaroSeven

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2020
Washington DC
Here's one I don't see mentioned. Access to Bonjour services is broken/disabled. Network Toolbox provides many geeky net admin tools, including a Bonjour browser. Developer says Apple is blocking Bonjour search/discovery requests from apps. Nothing official from Apple yet, but looks like another bit of info is going the way of MAC addresses. <sigh>

jtkboston

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
Here's one I don't see mentioned. Access to Bonjour services is broken/disabled. Network Toolbox provides many geeky net admin tools, including a Bonjour browser. Developer says Apple is blocking Bonjour search/discovery requests from apps. Nothing official from Apple yet, but looks like another bit of info is going the way of MAC addresses. <sigh>
Using the Discovery app, still able to see stuff on my local network. iOS 14.0.1, iPhone Xs, on wifi at home.

SaguaroSeven

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2020
Washington DC
Using the Discovery app, still able to see stuff on my local network. iOS 14.0.1, iPhone Xs, on wifi at home.

Huh. You're right. I used to use that app, but switched to Network Toolbox since it did much more. I'll have to check with the dev...

SaguaroSeven

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2020
Washington DC
Ah, the reason it still works is apparently because it hasn't been updated for iOS 14 (recompiled). If the developer recompiles it with current dev tools, it will not work either.

So this is either a bug in dev tools, or Apple is taking away another bit of information from iOS devices.

Stex04

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2020
Ginevra, Svizzera
Hi everyone !
hoow that is the right place to post this but I have an issue with the weather widget on my phone .. does anyone know why my widget and specifically the sun looks so dark?
I don’t have any dark setting or whatever, I tried everything but it remains like this..!
Am I the only one with this kind of problem ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 476DBC25-3BE5-40EC-9365-D6F850603152.jpeg
    476DBC25-3BE5-40EC-9365-D6F850603152.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 202

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi everyone !
hoow that is the right place to post this but I have an issue with the weather widget on my phone .. does anyone know why my widget and specifically the sun looks so dark?
I don’t have any dark setting or whatever, I tried everything but it remains like this..!
Am I the only one with this kind of problem ?
Thanks in advance
Seems like a glitch/bug of some sort:

Reactions: Stex04

krishnajha

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2015
Nowhere
Taking a selfie in WhatsApp makes it crash and not come back, 14.2 beta 2
Workaround, download WhatsApp Business, transfer same number, use that WhatsApp business and review if you have backup made, all conversations and fotos/videos should be there like normal, just in case you can make a new backup. Delete and reinstall WhatsApp, choose your number, all chats and fotos/videos, will be transferred like with the business, from app to app no need of backup, and that's it, all works again.

JonLa

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Not sure if this is the best thread.

Cannot use Safari on iPad OS 14. Just bugs out constantly. It is reloading the same pages during loading, while scrolling down crashing the tab with an error repeatedly occurred, seen a few webkit something errors, ...

This goes on for any mainstream site and forum amazon, google, youtube, this forum, ...

Absolute worst browser experience since the start of the internet!

Force restarting Safari did nothing.

Force restarted the iPad ... Safari is operational again, for now?
I have this on my iPad 6th gen but disabling Adblock Plus seems to make it better. I wonder if that’s the culprit?

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Does anyone else have an issue where apps fail to load at all after connecting your iPhone to a Mac? I use my Mac to charge my phone and sync my iTunes library and every time after I disconnect the phone I have to reboot it to get apps to load again. This issue does not affect all apps but most of them won't load until I reboot phone.

iOS 14.0.1 on a iPhone XS
MacOS 10.14.6 on a 2015 iMac
iTunes 12.9.5.5

I will not upgrade the iMac to Catalina as it will kill some crucial programs I use.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Anyone have issues with Twitter on the 14.2 beta 3 version? Replies/comments don’t show up on Twitter. If I reinstall and install, it works but after the conversation mode pop up shows, it stops working.

pcd213

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2019
VMWare Horizon Client crashes on my iPad
I'd love to hear from others but it is very, very buggy for me. I'll have to wait five minutes for the program to finally open after bouncing up and down on the dock as it tries to open. And it's very, very sluggish.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
IOS 14 is a work in progress and will probably take 3 months or more till we really get everything working. Hopefully developers are working 24/7 to get this right. (Wishfull thinking)
More like July? Just in time for them to break everything with 15. I mean, iPadOS 14 works OK for me for 3~5 days, then apps start to fail in various ways. It has not been a pleasing experience, having to do a restart every few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.