Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Have been using 16.7.2 since mid last week (same day as it was released) on my private phone and it works great. Don't feel its any different than 16.7.1. It feels like the battery lasts a bit longer, but can't say for sure as I don't use my phone the same way every day.

Have also had it installed on my workphone since friday, have fever apps on that one and are also runnit MS defender on it. Have been sitting mostly in my bag since friday when I last charged it and it was alive on monday morning as always and seem to be running fine.
Have run into a problem with MS defender but that's most likely have to do with our setup since i'm part of a evaluation group to see what impact defender has on mobiles.

Have pushed out 16.7.2 to around 100 people at work and haven't heard back from anyone regarding issues.
Most of these Phones are SE2020, SE2022, iPhone 14. We have a few 11 and 13 but they are only a handfull.

Last edited:
Reactions: ph.rei

ph.rei

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2021
Old topic but I’m proud with my 13P battery 🥰
16.7.2 with 87% battery health

Attachments

• IMG_4135.png
    IMG_4135.png
    323.9 KB · Views: 51

msephton

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom, Europe
If I put my iPhone in Airplane mode it gets super hot and battery drains rapidly. No idea what it's doing. Nothing new shows up on the battery log for the time when I have it enabled. I'm on iOS 16 on an iPhone Xs.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
If I put my iPhone in Airplane mode it gets super hot and battery drains rapidly. No idea what it's doing. Nothing new shows up on the battery log for the time when I have it enabled. I'm on iOS 16 on an iPhone Xs.
Background App refresh turned off?

I swear, when I turn that off my battery life gets worse than when I just leave it on Wi-Fi. It’s like the phone just sorts itself out with processing after a while and background app refresh being turned off is like throwing a wrench in it

Reactions: ph.rei

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Old topic but I’m proud with my 13P battery 🥰
16.7.2 with 87% battery health
13pro here with 85% health and been updating to 17.2.1 which has improved battery life ever so slightly. Updated from 16.7.2 which also worked fine with my device.
Had major battery issues with iOS 16 for a while but it seemed to be related to the "Apple Fitness bug" and was resolved when reinstalling the app.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
How’s this for idle battery drain lol iPhone 8 iOS 16.7.7
View attachment 2362991
The problem with the "Battery" stats is that it doesn't give the full picture.
Sure, the stats look crazy if you are just looking at it sitting there, but we don't know what's going on the in the background. It would be better if Apple gave us the full picture (some advanced battery stats) or no stats at all.

Reactions: Heymily

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
The problem with the "Battery" stats is that it doesn't give the full picture.
Sure, the stats look crazy if you are just looking at it sitting there, but we don't know what's going on the in the background. It would be better if Apple gave us the full picture (some advanced battery stats) or no stats at all.
Yes, but there’s clearly something wrong there, something on the background or a stuck process, it’s wrong regardless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.