Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swiftapplefan

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2023
Hey, what about making a toggle?!?

Privacy Based: Siri has basic functions (like now), and is processed on-device

Functionality Rich: Run on servers, with end to end encryption, that allows SiriGPT

IMPOSSIBLEMAN

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
Honestly, Apple has been focusing way more on HW than SW the last few years and it clearly shows but I guess better late than never.

Sunsster1988

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2019
Siri feels like it was down graded after ios 15. It's nearly useless
Forget Siri features just redesign everything from ground up the icons, folders with lists button on top corner in search bar to switch to lists, settings with different settings within, control Centre same as macOS moveable tiles and when press on wifi it actually switches off.

Vol Braakzakje

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2019
Special new chip incoming to the iPhone 16 that's the only iPhone capable for the new Siri...
They will probably make this as an exclusive to boost sales. The old iPhones might have to do with a dumbed down Siri...

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Well, they took their sweet time overhauling Siri. I’m still a little skeptical that they can do it. Maybe they were finally able to get the team together that can turn Siri from a joke to something that can finally compete with Google???

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
At least we can say ”Siri”, unlike the GOOGLE zombies who are still heard saying “Hey Google” 😂

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
At least we can say ”Siri”, unlike the GOOGLE zombies who are still heard saying “Hey Google” 😂
This is actually much worse. "Hey Siri" already accidentally activates her constantly. Now it's going to happen a lot more often. It's gotten to the point that I've just disabled voice activation altogether and just press and hold the power button instead.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Special new chip incoming to the iPhone 16 that's the only iPhone capable for the new Siri...
They will probably make this as an exclusive to boost sales. The old iPhones might have to do with a dumbed down Siri...
Now, that would be an Apple move. So the highlights of the iPhone 16 Pro/Pro Max/Ultra could be next generation Siri, first gen periscope lens (16 Pro), second generation periscope lens (16 Pro Max/Ultra), faster RAM, stacked battery tech, larger displays, minor redesign (different looking camera stack?), 48 megapixels for all cameras, WiFi 7 (maybe), etc.

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
This is actually much worse. "Hey Siri" already accidentally activates her constantly. Now it's going to happen a lot more often. It's gotten to the point that I've just disabled voice activation altogether and just press and hold the power button instead.
I don't have that problem. I have 14 Pro Max.

Currently "hey Siri" is still in the mix. For some strange reason :apple: didn't make one option only "Siri".

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
From a marketing point of view, they need to scrap it and start under a new name. I personally don't think it'll be called Siri, but then again they worked hard on removing "Hey" in the "Hey Siri..." prompt...

JackNL

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2020
Netherlands
FFS, we're at iOS 16 right now. So now we're discussing features for an OS more than 1 year ahead? Can't stand this anymore...

Bananasaurus

Suspended
Aug 16, 2023
I don't have that problem. I have 14 Pro Max.

Currently "hey Siri" is still in the mix. For some strange reason :apple: didn't make one option only "Siri".
I have a 14 PM as well. It either turns on when I don't want it to or it doesn't turn on at all unless I'm yelling. Holding the power button has been the least stressful solution. This happens with my family's phones as well.

FFS, we're at iOS 16 right now. So now we're discussing features for an OS more than 1 year ahead? Can't stand this anymore...
Just wait until you hear what's in store for iOS 19.

giphy.gif

Flamingdeathbolts

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2023
Siri on Apple TV is pretty good. She can give me weather, game scores, and tell me what app has a show I am looking for.

cicalinarrot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2015
LOL, it better! The competition is running way way ahead of Siri, despite Apple’s huge head start.
“Way ahead”… not sure about that. My feeling is that they all developed a single main version and settled. Since Siri was basically the first, they settled for a lower bar.
Now that we’ve talked with AI bots that don’t feel like 1995 NPCs, they all have to integrate that into assistants. I hope Apple doesn’t make the same mistake and has a roadmap for better incremental upgrades this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.