iOS 4 Bugs, Questions and Comments

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by celticpride678, Jun 11, 2010.

1. celticpride678

iPhone and iPod touch OS 3.0 Bugs, Questions and Comments

This thread will be used for the discussion of iOS 4 for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

With iOS 4 Gold Master available to developers (and the public), and the official public release coming June 21st, it is time to begin!

Things you may post about:
    1. Bugs you found
    2. Features or changes that you found
    3. Any questions regarding iOS 4
    4. If you have any comments regarding iOS 4

Go ahead and start posting!
    This thread should not be used to discuss jailbreaking.

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Something I found that I love. The camera app no longer hounds you for permission about knowing your location. With 3.x it would ask everytime even though I would say no. Now it listens. :)

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

There is a thread like this somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it.

4. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

When browsing Game Center on the GM, it does appear to still need a lot of work. Things crash and are slow...probably because it is not fully activated yet, but this is something to keep an eye on.

5. bripab007 macrumors 6502

1) The double-tap Home iPod/soon-to-be-other-music-app controls are sometimes greyed out and cannot be pressed, either while currently playing a song or not. Usually, going into iPod app and selecting a different song, skipping around back and forth between a couple songs will re-enable them.

2) When setting up Gmail IMAP account, if you set option to Archive messages to off, Mail app still shows red archive dialogue box when deleting an e-mail rather than showing red delete dialogue box. Rebooting phone after making the setting change fixes this.

6. geko29 macrumors 6502

When listening to audio (Pandora or iPod) and an email arrives, instead of the sound dip-notification tone-sound rise that's supposed to happen, the notification tone plays by itself, and then 2 seconds later the sound cuts out entirely for 1 second.

VERY annoying, introduced in b4, NOT fixed in GM.

7. Advil macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to get to my phone favorites? Now that double clicking Home enables the task manager I can't get to my phone quickly and it sucks. I can't find the settings for the home button anymore.

8. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I have this bug too. Probably the most annoying thing with iOS 4 right now.

9. C8XY macrumors 6502

I think iOS4 is very ‘iPad like’ and much smoother than before!
    Certainly a big improvement and will only get better! iTunes 9.2 is also much smoother.

Two bugs I have found:

1. When I first launched Camera, no option for video, this appeared second time round
    2. First picture message showed as not sent although it was received.

10. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I think that was one thing Apple wanted to do. Bring the iPad and iPhone closer together.

I really like the effect of the icons flowing in after unlocking the device.

I think Apple is finally starting to improve iTunes performance, but a lot of work still needs to be done.

11. lukemcurley Guest

I am having a very buggy experience with Mail on the iOS4 GM on iPhone 3GS, I have 5 email accounts and Mail is either crashing, or worse, resetting my iPhone! The iPod on the iPhone has crashed a few times too. I've been an iPhone owner for over two years and neither of these apps have ever crashed before.

The amount of 3rd party apps that won't even launch is a surprise and those that do, a good few of them crash randomly. Including heavy hitters like Linkedin. I hope this will be fixed with updates over the coming weeks.

Not to mention that I'm also having significant issues with loss mobile phone reception too, 3G and Edge not as good as they were and battery life is being zapped by iOS4 too.

As for multitasking, you just end up with 20 apps in the taskbar by the end of the day. Exiting apps has not become a chore (holding down button, apps wobble, click close), why we can't just flick them to close is strange.

Overall I think Apple aren't ready with iOS4 just yet, and if this GM is the same version released in two weeks time expect widespread issues.

iTunes 9.2 has issues too, especially with ordering App through it for your iPhone screen. I was able to create 3 Settings app icons, just not working as well as it did before Folders.

12. C8XY macrumors 6502

Character count doesn’t show with multiple recipients.
    Some text messages are partly covered by the keyboard, reverts to covered when message dragged up etc.

13. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Game Center is not included in the official release of iOS 4. It will be a "later this year" addition.

14. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Those aren't necessarily running apps, and most probably aren't, it just keeps a list of all apps you've run there.

15. david77 macrumors regular

Where does the character count show at? I turned on the option.

16. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

It only shows after you've filled a line or two.

17. iadam09 macrumors regular

A little purple arrow showed up to the left of my battery icon when I was using one of my apps... what does this mean o_O

EDIT: I figured it out - it means it's using my location...hopefully this is right :p

18. TIGOS macrumors regular

TIGOS

Google Sync stop working...

Any mail from google dont work on Mail app with push. Sometimes dont sync.

Contacts and Calendar have the same issue.

19. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Location services are currently working. I'm sure it happened when you were using maps or allowed your location to be found, am I correct?

20. david77 macrumors regular

Thanks.

21. iadam09 macrumors regular

Yeah, I've never seen it before heh so I guess it came with iOS4?

22. GingerPrince macrumors member

I sync my google calendar via exchange and I find that when I launch calendar, I, all my events blink off and then back on again. anyone else seeing the same?

23. billku macrumors newbie

After updating my iPhone to the GM build of iOS4 last Friday, I've not been able to open my pdf attachments in my email. Like JPG email attachments, I essentially see the first page of the pdf at the bottom of the email, but I can't access the rest of it -- i.e. there's no longer any blue outlined box that signifies a downloaded pdf file that I touch in the email that lets me access the whole file, I only see the first page of the pdf at the bottom of the email after it downloads. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a setting I'm ignoring here that's causing this problem or is it a bug?

24. ryanxslabaugh macrumors member

Where is the option to add words to the dictionary that was in the beta?