Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zbergeron01

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
To answer my own question and that of others, my iPad randomly decided to ask me if I'd like to use my number for iMessage, so basically I think it is just a matter of waiting :)

yingyang77748-9

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
3D is definitely expanding to cover the outer areas of cities and nothing is left flat. :) View attachment 348404 View attachment 348405

Cant wait for maps to be improved more on ios beta 4 whenever it comes out.

Quick question those pics, well the ones with the houses, is that in the USA ? specifically illinois - chicago ? that looks similar to my friends alley lol i recognize it from somewhere

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Cant wait for maps to be improved more on ios beta 4 whenever it comes out.

Quick question those pics, well the ones with the houses, is that in the USA ? specifically illinois - chicago ? that looks similar to my friends alley lol i recognize it from somewhere

It is Chicago, yes.

Ancandis

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Software Keyboard behavior is back to ios5, iPhone 4S:
Holding a key for alternative characters (like "e") will show the pressed character in the context menu.

In iOS6 b2 the original character was not showing in the menu (which was more intuitive).

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Shared Photo Streams and Mail VIP's and Flagged Inboxes are present in iPod touch 4th gen AND iPhone 3GS (Apple's website has been updated to show this)

spjda

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
Songs not in alphabetical order

Since iOs 6 beta 1 artists, songs, albums, almost everything but my playlists aren't displayed in alphabetical order (In music.app). See I have N, then O and then N again. Haven't found threads about this yet, anyone have this problem too? Anyone fixed it?

Attachments

• IMG_0127.PNG
    IMG_0127.PNG
    275.9 KB · Views: 132

jrdnkasparek

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
there seems to be a bug with passbook even though it has yet to be turned on. When you open passbook it turns up ur brightness setting even if u dont have auto brightness on or anything

can anyone confirm?

alleggerita

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Singapore
Dunno if you guys have noticed, but the mail app's "swoosh" sound for sending mail is played earlier than last time. This is not something new in Beta 3 but rather has been like this since Beta 1. Just wondering if you guy have noticed it. Last time in iOS5 or earlier the "swoosh" sound comes after the progress bar is completed (meaning mail has been sent out). But now in iOS6 Beta 1,2,3 the "swoosh" sound occurs the moment you tap "Send". So the "swoosh" sound can no longer be an indication that your mail has really been sent out. Irritating.

Sh4wN

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2012
Software Keyboard behavior is back to ios5, iPhone 4S:
Holding a key for alternative characters (like "e") will show the pressed character in the context menu.

In iOS6 b2 the original character was not showing in the menu (which was more intuitive).

Gosh, i hate this. Even Beta 2 behavior was stupid because every time I wrote an umlaut, I needed to swipe up. Now it's just back to iOS 5 behavior and that is even worse.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Does anyone tried yet to downgrade?

For those who have problems with iMessage:
I solved changing my apple's ID password (I had a very old one with no numbers nor caps) with a more secure one with new apple's requirements.. now everything's fine.. all is synced..

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
there seems to be a bug with passbook even though it has yet to be turned on. When you open passbook it turns up ur brightness setting even if u dont have auto brightness on or anything

can anyone confirm?

That's intentional. It's so that scanners can more easily read the codes. It was mentioned in a WWDC session.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I have read it modmyi that you cannot downgrade to iOS 5

Devices updated to iOS 6 beta can not be restored to earlier versions of iOS. Registered development devices will be able to upgrade to future beta releases and the final iOS 6 software.

Pish.

I've restored to and upgraded to iOS 6 betas 1, 2, and 3 and to get back to 5.1.1 you enter DFU mode and click restore on iTunes.

Quit scaremongering.

JuanDorfling

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
Does anyone tried yet to downgrade?

For those who have problems with iMessage:
I solved changing my apple's ID password (I had a very old one with no numbers nor caps) with a more secure one with new apple's requirements.. now everything's fine.. all is synced..

I had the same problem where my iMessage was resetting every 10 min. Since I have changed my password it seems to be quite stable. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the bit humar

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.