Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
How do we know they haven't already patched it two weeks ago? The code could be included, but it may not work or run. They could include code for iOS 8 GM, but that doesn't mean it will run on it. It is extremely unlikely that the developers of this jailbreak have tried it on an iOS 7.1.2 device.

This isn't the same as the 5.1.1 jailbreak because iOS 5.1.2 wasn't about to be released at the time, nor did it knowingly exist.

yeah but for months apple just let us run iOS 6 betas while a jailbreak was out. they didn't care. at this point with iOS 7, they don't care anymore... they would have fixed the bugs.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I'm running this jailbreak. Just make sure to uncheck that box. It's actually quite amazing. I'm usually skeptical but the one time I wasn't....

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
yeah but for months apple just let us run iOS 6 betas while a jailbreak was out. they didn't care. at this point with iOS 7, they don't care anymore... they would have fixed the bugs.

This is different because Apple has one last version of iOS 7 already within the pipeline that they can patchout the jailbreak with.

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
This jailbreak works great.... HOWEVER. a program I use MYWI for wireless tether to my laptop does NOT work... Is there something that DOES work on IOS 7.1.1 for wireless tether?

Thanks....

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I'm tempted to do this on my iPad rMini, since it's rather unstable on 7.0.6

Any word on if 7.1.1 jailbroken is more stable?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
meh.. I'll just stay on 7.0.6. I'll wait for something released by evasion.

You might be waiting until next version jailbreak potentially not this round.

Musclenerd said the cert exploit was "out of bounds" and potentially legally problematic for them to have used.

But he still commends pangu and this has be making i0n1c pretty mad that it's an "info leak" exploit that was given out during some training program haha!

I don't know much more beyond that as of now but always curious about the drama and semantics of jail breaks

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
You might be waiting until next version jailbreak potentially not this round.

Musclenerd said the cert exploit was "out of bounds" and potentially legally problematic for them to have used.

But he still commends pangu and this has be making i0n1c pretty mad that it's an "info leak" exploit that was given out during some training program haha!

I don't know much more beyond that as of now but always curious about the drama and semantics of jail breaks

I'm ok with that. Nothing really warrants me to upgrade from 7.0.6.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
man, why couldn't they wait until 7.1.2 was released… is coming soon, I'm going to wait until 7.1.2 gets released and see what musclenerd or any of the evaders decide to repackage the chinese jb; not in a hurry since I'm already jb, but there are some touchid updates that my 5S will prob enjoy.

what kind of touchID updates from 7.0.6 to 7.1.1?

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I'm ok with that. Nothing really warrants me to upgrade from 7.0.6.

Yeah, I'm not bothering updating my phone, it's stable and I have things how I want them.

My rMini, on the other hand, is unstable as hell for some reason... so it's worth a shot.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
what kind of touchID updates from 7.0.6 to 7.1.1?

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_history#iOS_7.x.

Here my personal compatibility list (via http://t.co/adXu0F1hIa):
- Activator: Works
- Auxo 2 (iOS 7): Works with some minor animation oddness
- Browser Changer: Installs, but doesn't function
- CCHide: Works
- CCSettings: Works, but may go into safe mode when used with Auxo 2
- CommCenter patch for iOS7: Works
- FakeTimeWarner (FTW): Works
- Gridlock 2.0: Results in safe mode if enabling jiggle mode, therefore pointless at this time; using good 'ole iBlank as an alternative
- HiddenSettings7: Works
- iBatteryInfo: Works
- iCleaner: Works
- iFile: Works
- Infinite Tweet 2: Works
- Messages+ (iOS 7): Works
- NCFold: Works; can still fold NC sections, but has minor issues with text
- Nitrous: Works
- ProTube: Works
- Safari Upload Enabler: Works
- Share Widget for iOS 7: Works
- Springtomize 3 - iOS 7: Works
- SubtleLock (iOS 7): Works
- SwipeSelection: Works
- VideoPace: Works
- Zeppelin: Works
- 3G Unrestrictor 5 (iOS 7 & 6): Works

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Stupid question, but do I need to install itunes in order to use the jailbreak? I'm gonna use an old windows vista machine that is incredibly slow and I want to install as little as possible on it. Thanks in advance.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Stupid question, but do I need to install itunes in order to use the jailbreak? I'm gonna use an old windows vista machine that is incredibly slow and I want to install as little as possible on it. Thanks in advance.

Yes, iTunes is needed on Windows machines. Without it, Windows doesn't know your device as anything but a simple digital camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.