iOS 7.1.2 might coming this month

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MisakixMikasa, May 6, 2014.

1. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

According to famous Chinese Apple Website, WeiPhone, iOS 7.1.2 might coming this month to fix battery problem, bugs bricked users' iPhone, Settings app crash.

The article said, battery related app had exploded in Apple's App Store, due to battery life problem. iOS 7.1.1 was intended to fix battery problem, but apparently it did not quite do the job.

If you know Chinese, this is the article: http://www.feng.com/apple/news/2014..._life_applications_App_Store_now_583861.shtml

Here is article translated to English using Google Translator:

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

More nonsense.

3. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

What no sense? Just share an information...it might be true... Some people are complaining about poor battery life...

4. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Well, I wouldn't doubt that you are right. It wouldn't be crazy for a minor iOS point update to be released within the next few weeks, but not necessarily for the reasons you describe. People have been complaining about poor battery life in every iOS version since the original iPhone came out. And throughout the years, things haven't changed- a majority of iPhone users have perfectly good battery life, and a small yet fluctuating subset of users experience issues. So maybe a future version of iOS will fix things for certain people, but poor battery life is, as always, experienced by a small minority.

5. Grayburn, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014

Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Yep my Wife is complaining about it and she hasn't complained about battery life ever and she's had the 4, 4S and now the 5.

I'm seeing big drops in the battery on my 5, yesterday it went from 44% to 32% in minutes and i was only deleting emails.

6. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

This is worth a read: The Ultimate Guide to Solving iOS Battery Drain

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

7.1.1 wasn't meant to fix any battery issues, and none have been acknowledged by Apple to be fixed anyway. And what's with some "explosion" related to 7.1.1 update? None of this seems more than just some sort of ranting of some sort.

8. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

Yes, updating software on their phones has permanently destroyed the hardware. Apple should fix this at once!

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I remember a few months ago that a user in China was electrocuted to death by an iPhone Charger and everyone was pointing fingers at Apple.

An investigation later revealed the user was using a Cheap, NON-Apple charger.

As a act of good faith Apple offered to give users authentic Apple chargers in exchange for the cheap knock-offs they would turn in for $10.00

So I won't believe any "exploding battery" claims without an official investigation.

10. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

You're preaching to the converted here mate.

Doing all that is standard for me since installing iOS 7 and any of it's updates or after restoring. Done all those methods countless tmes to other peoples handsets too.

11. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Perhaps you can enlighten us about the source of your information that the majority are perfectly happy with battery life and a small minority have this problem.

12. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

I don't have a source, as there are no polls or anything similar to verify such information. A news article about satisfied customers doesn't get many clicks, anyways. But there are also no sources claiming that the majority of people on 7.1.1 have issues- which is something that would absolutely be newsworthy.

13. DHFrame macrumors newbie

100% Battery life will always be subject to debate. That goes without saying. This particular problem though, and I would say at least 100 - 200 iPhone users are reporting it, and that's just the ones I know about that could be bothered, it's very bad, 60% I'm fed up of talking about and I must have written this 100 times already, but, my phone goes from 100% to 30% in an hour, dies, when plugged back in jumps to 60% instantly and the loop begins. My phone is currently in a 35% state of complete shutdown in terms of elements that uses battery - Fetch, data, notifications, airplane when possible, vibrate off - You name it - I'm doing it and still I am performing a decent 1 hour usage 10% before it dies.

This isn't just any old battery debate. Something 6% is very wrong, and it went wrong the moment I hit the update button on 7.1.1.

The solution - Make available the option to at least roll back to an earlier update. It's too closed - Too clinical. And now I am waiting. Waiting and you kn {{USER OFFLINE DUE TO BATTERY FAILURE}}

14. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Well to put it out there folks have said "iOS x, iOS x.x, and iOS x.x.x (every version since iOS 1) has caused more battery drain than the one before. If this were true then they would have negative usage at his point and have to walk around with a long drop cord plugged in. If each revision causes worse battery than the one before that is. So by default its a minority (most folks that I know do not have to walk around with a drop cord and charger). You can search any iOS version you want and you will find multiple discussions that "it caused batter drain" for somebody. Only a few revisions has actually Apple confirmed that something in iOS was causing battery issues. Only like 2 that I can remember right off top of head. The majority of battery issues are from certain apps causing issues with a new iOS version, got hung or the update process itself went haywire for whatever reason. The actual underlying iOS it typically not the cause. (again except for a few confirmed by Apple)

15. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

They must patch the Mail encryption bug so I don't think this is far from reality.

Damn, even Ryan Petrich released a patch in Cydia... C'mon, Apple!

16. I7guy macrumors G5

I'm happy with my battery life, and no I do no have anything turned off except for background refresh, simply because I do not think I need it.

17. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Finally someone who gets it. :D

Apple did all its battery testing with everything turned on. I still can't seem to get that through to people that they dont need to turn everything off to get good battery life.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

In general most don't, but in some circumstances some might (at least some things if not more), perhaps at least to see if there's something contributing to some issues they might be having.

19. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

Strange that still no news about 7.1.2, knowing that there are email and lockscreen security issues. Not talking about minor UI glitches

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

Still some sort of lock screen issues?

21. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

22. Eau Rouge macrumors regular

The "explosion" refers to the interest in battery related apps, not actual batteries.

23. oldmacs macrumors 68040

My iPhone 5, iPhone 4 and iPad 2 experienced a noticeable degradation of battery life with 7.1. Friends and family saw the same thing with a combination of iPad 2,3,4, Air and iPhones 4,4S,5 and 5S.

24. alexander2020 macrumors newbie

time running out

Hope they patch it up for good this time around, we are loosing it and they are loosing us.
    Love the phone, but will demand the value for my hard earned money.
    :rolleyes:

25. Gyptians macrumors newbie

7.1.2 Update Fix Would Be Appreciated

Sorry Apple apologists, as a longtime Apple fan and customer, I can tell you that remarkable battery drain and WiFi connectivity issues are related to the 7.1.1 update that was, in fact, supposed to correct battery drain issues related to the 7.1 update.

Apparently "many" of those who updated via iTunes are not experiencing these issues, while "many" of those who updated wirelessly are experiencing them. As an iPad Air owner who updated wirelessly, I can tell you that the issues are real.

Please do your research before you comment.