Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your Battery Life better or worse?

• Yes, my battery life is noticeably better

Votes: 94 25.1%
  • No, my battery life seems to be a bit worse

Votes: 192 51.3%
  • It's too early to tell. It's my opinion that you shouldn't be able to tell yet.

Votes: 88 23.5%

• Total voters

joshisaboss

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
Earth
Shocking battery, took a five minute phone call and some light 3G browsing - iPhone 5

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
15 mins on treadmill with Nike+ on my arm, an hour of playing rdio on speakers, full volume, screen mostly off but sent about 10 iMessages and checked Facebook a couple of times, all on WiFi = 83%.

Not too bad IMO.

Edit:

Forgot to say, in day to day use I do seem to have about 5-10% less than usual at the end of a working day.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Tapa talk and twitter for 3hours this morning, whilst waiting for some work to be done at the garage tbf took it off charge at work yesterday afternoon.Battery life has been good for me so far since owning an iPhone. I remember an old colleague of mine getting a 3GS and going out on site with with finding him locating the nearest unused PC I'm an office so he could sneakily charging his phone and this was only midday!!

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Poor battery life for me. I unplugged my 4S when it was 100%, woke up this morning and it was 85%. Went on twitter, updated a few apps, and came on here.

Not exactly stellar! Might try a clean install today.

Attachments

• IMG_1336.PNG
    IMG_1336.PNG
    59.5 KB · Views: 109

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Poor battery life for me. I unplugged my 4S when it was 100%, woke up this morning and it was 85%. Went on twitter, updated a few apps, and came on here.

Not exactly stellar! Might try a clean install today.

Did you check your battery health ?
Your battery could just be aging ...

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
Not normal for sure. My 4S is still at 100% after 10 hours stand by and then goes down to 99%.
It wasn't like this when I was on 7.0.6, but now my battery operates pretty much as when my phone was on 6.1.3.
If I were you, I would try clean DFU restore without using a previous backup

fasterthanfiber

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
I am noticing a lot of "phantom usage" with iOS7.1

Easy to test it - go take a screenshot of usage stats, and put phone into standby... then look again in 30 minutes or an hour...

My iPhone added 6 minutes of "usage" in 30 minutes... so assuming that, 12 minutes per hour of phantom usage = around 2 hours of phantom usage in a day (assuming 12 hours).

Seems absurd to me...

It effectively means Apple are lying to us about "usage" figures, because there is just so much phantom usage it's not even funny... this is why you cannot compare iOS to Android - since Android actually gives a 100% honest figure of "screen on time", aka true usage of when you are actually using the device properly.

It's probably the government hacking into your call list and texts....

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I have yet to see this "battery drain" issue. My iPhone holds on for 2 days and 8 hours of usage on a daily basis.

I did a clean restore and set it up as a new phone. No problems so far.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
Has your battery life decreased since iOS 7.1? Mine has.

I own an iPhone 5c and iPad mini 1 both are less than 5 months old- so you would think that a 4 month old product should have great battery performance. When ios7 was in use(and all of the other updates leading to 7.1), I had great battery life- my iPhone 5c lasted 3 days on a full charge and my iPad lasted about 5 days. Since the new iOS 7.1 update, my iPhone lasts about a day and my iPad lasts about a day and a half- It is terrible. I have thought about my one year Apple warranty and thought maybe I got unlucky and got two Apple products with defective batteries- or maybe it is 7.1.

Is there anyone else with a similar problem? I'd love to hear your story and tell me if you had a solution or what you have done about it.

Thanks for any and all replies, I do appreciate it.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
My battery life was great from 7 to 7.0.4, got worse under 7.0.6, then 7.1 fixed it for me and now it is even better than 7.0.4.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
There have been several threads on the battery life on 7.1. Some have seen less battery life but for the most part, for others, the battery life was equal or better on 7.1

Battery life seems about the same to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.