Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Am I the only one that is completely satisfied with iOS 7? I am legitimately pleased with every part even the "ugly" default icons. The only thing I wish they would do is add more "guy-ish" dynamic backgrounds. Other than that I believe iOS 7 is perfect and on its way to fit in perfectly with everyone.

I am satisfied with it! I love the new UI and the animations are cool too.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
i know, you apple fanboys are going to yell because "it's only a beta", but i've had enough. I've had an iphone since the original, and i expected a large change this year, but this is ridiculous. The changes they made are horrid. Apart from control center, every single change is for the worse. They favored design over usability in many cases and the design is still the ugliest user interface on a large scale mass-market operating system since windows 2000. It is honestly terrible. This is coming from someone who used to love apple, it is horrible. I'm downgrading to ios 6, waiting for my upgrade and going to android. The icons look horrible, too much white, the homescreen looks like crap, there isn't enough distinction between different lines, notification center is for notifications, not the calendar.
Just no.
Jony ive: This sucks.

+1

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
OP: if you switch does that mean you won't post pointless opinionated threads like this that no one cares about any more?

BYE!

dsa1971

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
There really seem to be a lot of drama queens posting that iOS 7 is the worst thing ever and it's destroying their way of life. Really? It's a mobile platform. Get over it. Fine you don't like it. Do you have to be sooo dramatic. It's not the worst thing ever. If you're using iOS 6 it's not as if iOS 7 is THAT different. A new coat of paint and some new features and you're freaking out. How do you manage with all the billboards, advertisements, ugly buildings, bad art, etc. it must be sooo hard.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I know, you Apple fanboys are going to yell because "it's only a beta", but I've had enough. I've had an iPhone since the original, and I expected a large change this year, but this is ridiculous. The changes they made are HORRID. Apart from Control Center, every single change is for the worse. They favored design over usability in MANY cases and the design is still the ugliest user interface on a large scale mass-market operating system since Windows 2000. It is honestly terrible. This is coming from someone who used to love Apple, it is horrible. I'm downgrading to iOS 6, waiting for my upgrade and going to Android. The icons look horrible, too much white, the homescreen looks like crap, there isn't enough distinction between different lines, notification center is for NOTIFICATIONS, not the calendar.
Just no.
Jony Ive: THIS SUCKS.

Apparently this forum also suffers from usability issues, as you were unable to use the search function.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Android is good and so is iOS. It is just about impossible to say iOS 7 isn't good, especially with features like control center, great multitasking, airdrop, the new safari, brand new UI, etc. With some minor changes and tweaks, a well running iOS 7 will be a great boost for Apple.

Something that would piss me off however is if Apple doesn't add some sort of capability for iPads to have side by side apps soon. They really need a couple of tablet-only features like that.

Yeah the iPad really needs something like that and multi-user support. The Galaxy Nexus (or Nexus 4) was the phone I was going to get if iOS 7 didn't deliver what I wanted. As you can tell, after WWDC I said "Sorry Android. Maybe next time, I'm sticking with iOS"

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
I know, you Apple fanboys are going to yell because "it's only a beta", but I've had enough. I've had an iPhone since the original, and I expected a large change this year, but this is ridiculous. The changes they made are HORRID. Apart from Control Center, every single change is for the worse. They favored design over usability in MANY cases and the design is still the ugliest user interface on a large scale mass-market operating system since Windows 2000. It is honestly terrible. This is coming from someone who used to love Apple, it is horrible. I'm downgrading to iOS 6, waiting for my upgrade and going to Android. The icons look horrible, too much white, the homescreen looks like crap, there isn't enough distinction between different lines, notification center is for NOTIFICATIONS, not the calendar.
Just no.
I concur. What's somewhat ironic is that Apple and Google seem to be headed in opposite directions. Apple's focus seems to be on functionality and design, even when it comes at the expense of usability. Meanwhile, in recent Android releases, Google has focused its efforts on improving usability, even it comes at the expense of some functionality.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
When someone starts off their post calling people fanboys can the post really be taken seriously?

noobzaja

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
There're many bugs and problems in iOS7 beta version. I think when the the complete version come out and Apple fixed all bugs and problem, this'll be the perfect mobile Os. :cool:

joneun

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
If it's ugly, it's ugly! Why would I lie and say it's the best thing ever? I like Apple, but I'm not dumb.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I'm having trouble understanding your thoughts behind how you feel about iOS 7. It works great for me. I had to make the normal / typical settings tweaks to optimize the battery just like I've done with 6.x, 5.x, etc.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
So get Android. Or Windows. Or stick with iOS6.

Personally, I think they didn't go nearly far enough, but these things take time.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I am sick and tired of people complaining about iOS 7. The majority of you whom "hate" the new design asked Apple for change, and its like as soon as you get your change, and your wishes for quick toggles, and true multitasking, and apps to be updated in the background etc etc, You all complain, and you complain for the most trivial of reasons. "Oh this iOS is so buggy and laggy" IT'S CALLED A ********* BETA for a REASON. The same reason apps are crashing, and Springboard is crashing, If you aren't an Apple Developer don't install something that isn't meant for YOU. Also complaints about the icons, How "ugly" they look, So WHAT? You all have been complaining for the past 6 revisions of iOS how it is looking DATED, and UGLY, and now because there is a change you want Apple to go and switch it BACK? HECK NO. The icons are perfectly fine, and if you don't like them, or see the vision you can LEAVE. I am pretty sure this design can attract people to switch just as much as many of you want to rant and complain about leaving. Go ahead and leave, Apple won't miss you, and I am sure they will gain more people as they move forward. Saying 7.0 is the worst to date is something you are judging from a BETA that has been in use for FOUR DAYS. iOS has MATURED with This release adding features a lot of people have asked for, Animated Wallpapers, Control Center, True Multitasking, Better Weather app, New UI, Quick Toggles, Introduction to File Sharing via AirDrop, Dynamic Clock and Weather icons, The UI is Uniform on the inside, and it doesn't look like a clashing difference like it's past revisions. So Hop off it.

Sonnestah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
Just switch to android or whatever and quit whinning. I bet Apple itself is going to be glad annoying people like you switched over to another platform

joneun

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
I am sick and tired of people complaining about iOS 7. The majority of you whom "hate" the new design asked Apple for change, and its like as soon as you get your change, and your wishes for quick toggles, and true multitasking, and apps to be updated in the background etc etc, You all complain, and you complain for the most trivial of reasons. "Oh this iOS is so buggy and laggy" IT'S CALLED A ********* BETA for a REASON. The same reason apps are crashing, and Springboard is crashing, If you aren't an Apple Developer don't install something that isn't meant for YOU. Also complaints about the icons, How "ugly" they look, So WHAT? You all have been complaining for the past 6 revisions of iOS how it is looking DATED, and UGLY, and now because there is a change you want Apple to go and switch it BACK? HECK NO. The icons are perfectly fine, and if you don't like them, or see the vision you can LEAVE. I am pretty sure this design can attract people to switch just as much as many of you want to rant and complain about leaving. Go ahead and leave, Apple won't miss you, and I am sure they will gain more people as they move forward. Saying 7.0 is the worst to date is something you are judging from a BETA that has been in use for FOUR DAYS. iOS has MATURED with This release adding features a lot of people have asked for, Animated Wallpapers, Control Center, True Multitasking, Better Weather app, New UI, Quick Toggles, Introduction to File Sharing via AirDrop, Dynamic Clock and Weather icons, The UI is Uniform on the inside, and it doesn't look like a clashing difference like it's past revisions. So Hop off it.

Just keep sitting around the fire; continue to sing and drum, chant and play flutes to the Apple God.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Ugliest version ever? Probably. Worst version ever? Not even close. There's a ton of new functionality in here and some new interactions that make it feel fresh and exciting. I still can't get over the icons and general UI tho.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Just keep sitting around the fire; continue to sing and drum, chant and play flutes to the Apple God.

Why don't you actually sit and truly evaluate the OS as a WHOLE instead of looking at things you don't like. Things like camera greatly improved in speed thanks to Apple getting rid of the grey shutter of an actual camera opening up

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Just no.

You have no idea what design is if you are making this statement.

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
Chekz,

The new functionality is welcomed by just about everyone. It is the design / aesthetic changes that many dislike.

Those that complain that iOS6 is "stale" account for a small percentage of iPhone owners. Most iPhone users are perfectly happy with the iOS6 look, and simply want additional functionality, a larger screen, or more flexibility to customize the interface to suit their preferences. Many bought their iPhones (some paying $500 or more) because they loved the look and feel of the IOS6 platform. And now Apple has changed the look and feel in a way that they don't like -- a form of bait and switch.

The fact that IOS7 has many features we want makes these aesthetic changes more frustrating, not less so, because we want the new features but we don't want some of the aesthetic changes. We want to have our cake and eat it too, and Apple isn't letting us do that (assuming the beta looks like the final).

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
Chekz,

The new functionality is welcomed by just about everyone. It is the design / aesthetic changes that many dislike.

Those that complain that iOS6 is "stale" account for a small percentage of iPhone owners. Most Apple users were perfectly happy with the iOS look, and simply wanted additional functionality. Many bought their iPhones (some paying $500 or more) because they loved the look and feel of the IOS6 platform. And now Apple has changed the look and feel in a way that they don't like -- a form of bait and switch.

The fact that IOS7 has many features we want makes these aesthetic changes more frustrating, not less so, because we want the new features but we don't want some of the aesthetic changes. We want to have our cake and eat it too, and Apple isn't letting us do that (assuming the beta looks like the final).

Then how come in this forum, the most asked for feature was New UI?, I also liked iOS 6, but I also embrace this change, I have used iOS since 2.0, and Either way I think I would have used iOS whether it stayed the same or not, but now that it's changed I just don't find it right that people want it to be reverted in terms of design...

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
You have no idea what design is if you are making this statement.

I'd love someone to list out the areas where there is lost functionality purely because of aesthetic design. Just because someone might not care for the aesthetic doesn't mean Apple focused on form over function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.