Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Please post back with an update in a couple days. I've been having Safari keyboard lockups since September and I just jailbroke a few days ago. I don't want to give up my jailbreak if I'm not sure 8.1.1 fixes the Safari bug. Thanks.

As of now, I have yet to have a Nother keyboard freeze. Even after typing several post on the site with my iPhone six I have not had a lock up. I assume, and I hope, that it's fixed for good.

UTS

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
A bug i reported didnt get fixed and that was using google via a bookmark, the keyboard comes up and goes back down after pressing one letter.

Not a bug, but the bookmarks bar is still not disappearing when a link is pressed. Will have to moan more to apple about this ! I think ipad is still too small to have bookmark not auto close.

Last edited:

DougTheImpaler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2006
Central Illinois
I've done my fair share of complaining so I need to give Apple credit: they seem to have completely fixed the Wifi drop problems on both my Verizon iPhone 5s and my wifi iPad Mini 2.

UTS

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Spinning data wheel non stop in safari browsing, still not fixed for me.

Doing it on my ipad 3 and iphone 5s

Last edited:

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
My 6's touch ID is a mere worse on 8.1.1 than 8.1 but maybe I will reset my prints. Try resetting them if you can

Register your main finger that you use to get in your phone twice, this is extremely helpful and helps TouchID accuracy

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
  • Now remembers rearrangement of Safari extensions and actions.
  • Now remembers rearrangement of share sheet options in Photos app

It's surprising that it took them this long to fix something so simple. Now I can finally rearrange my icons without thinking I am going crazy.

Jzo

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Anyone hesitating on updating ios 8.1.1 on their iPhone 6 plus?

For some reason, I am.

I don't know why though, but maybe it's because for the most part everything is working pretty great right now! I'd hate to interrupt that, with some new, weird bug no one has found yet, or some battery dip that I wouldn't want.

Ulisescm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Mexico
I recovered some nice free space on my Air 1 (like half gig) and a little space on my 5s... The phone performance was never affected by 8.0 but my iPad was affected with lag and now it runs smoother, not like 7.1 but better tan 8.0

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
My 6's touch ID is a mere worse on 8.1.1 than 8.1 but maybe I will reset my prints. Try resetting them if you can

It helps a ton to register same finger twice, like your thumb, I did it and my TouchID has been shockingly amazingly accurate with such consistency i am geniunely suprised and happy

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Has anybody been able to login to a public free Wi-Fi network?

Basically, I go to my local gym that has free Wi-Fi but you must connect first using a webpage they provide before you can start using it.

Not sure if it's iOS 8.1.1 that caused it or if it's the Wi-Fi network, I should have asked or not whether it was down.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Has anybody been able to login to a public free Wi-Fi network?

Basically, I go to my local gym that has free Wi-Fi but you must connect first using a webpage they provide before you can start using it.

Not sure if it's iOS 8.1.1 that caused it or if it's the Wi-Fi network, I should have asked or not whether it was down.

No problem here. In fact, my iPad on 8.1.1 connected with the hospital public WiFi today on the first try, more easily than it ever did on 7.1.2 or 8.1.

The iPhone 6 on still on 8.1, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
No problem here. In fact, my iPad on 8.1.1 connected with the hospital public WiFi today on the first try, more easily than it ever did on 7.1.2 or 8.1.

The iPhone 6 on still on 8.1, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

It's fine. It was the Wi-Fi I was using. Nothing to do with iOS 8.1.1. Thanks.

iRoRo

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
UK
ok, updated to 8.1.1 last week.
Recharged my iPhone 4S and found NEW diagnostics and usage data logs just after the charge time done earlier today, (although none for the whole of last week after update.)

JetsamEvent - low memory (but only just restarted phone no apps running?)
ExcResource_aggregated: bug type 185?

Never had these before..

Have submitted them, anyone else have these after charging?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.