iOS past.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by byke, May 20, 2014.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

I haven't been that active on this forum in the past few months as quite frankly I have been less than impressed with iOS7. But my biggest surprise is the many threads that are still created or active that questions the iOS 7 user interface icons and flat design.

While I do understand that many people like it, and those who do support such a newer flat look may claim that such posts are only dominant to a select few because people who are happy won't be making such comments, but getting on with it.

But is that really true?
    I have been away from the forum for a good while, and I still don't like iOS 7.
    Could it be possible that people like myself who do not like the OS are also staying away from complaining ?

2. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

No. Your bunch complains the loudest and it's getting bloody annoying for the people that enjoy iOS 7.

3. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

Just switch to Android if you don't like it and stop posting nonsense.

4. .X. macrumors member

Just switch to Windows Phone if you want a flat ugly Microsoft user interface. Was it really necessary to ruin iOS?

5. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

It isn't ugly and iOS 7 and WP are very different...

6. deluxeshredder macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 is more of an Android copycat, but it is still strikingly reminiscent of Windows Phone.

7. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

The majority of people like ios7. If you dont like it then luckily android is very good now. Whining will get you precisely nowhere.

8. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Wow... He wasn't whining, was he? He was trying to open up a discussion about whether or not a concerning number of iOS users still prefer the older version. Or did I read something wrong?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, people who don't like something and want to talk about aren't welcome here. This forum is apparently only for fanboys to high five each other. :rolleyes:

Do people even bother to think a bit about what they are posting? Or is basically just about antogonizing others just because they have a different opinion? Clearly that's what online forums seem to be for many people.

----------

You didn't. Seems like too any people think it's their job to just mindlessly post simply to put others down because they disagree with them and/or because it just makes them feel better to gang up on someone.

10. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

I am very surprised at some of the tone and claims made on this thread.
    I especially like the "Your bunch" comment.

11. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

The tide has turned:
    The biggest complainers now are those on iOS7 who get their undies in a bunch on a moment's notice toward anyone who subjects the pros/cons of 7 vs older firmware.

Why enter a thread you know is going to raise your hackles?

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Where do you get your figures from? Surely not the number of people who have upgraded to iOS7? As they can't downgrade again, that figure is meaningless.

13. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Android is not good for my likes. And the frustration for me comes from I cant keep what I like. Its one thing to offer users the chance to upgrade, but dropping features support of old software less than a year into the new software is just a big F you from apple.

I can either upgrade to flatOS7, or go to one of the other platforms such as flatdroid or windowsflat8. I had no problem sticking to what I liked, but cmon... dropping features on iOS6 already?! Granted its expected in a few years but this soon. Its quite outrageous.

14. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

This entire place is just a circle-jerk.

Either you like iOS7, or you're wrong.

15. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

Do you mean features like FaceTime ceasing function on iOS6 devices?

16. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Specifically yes.

17. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

In my opinion, every OS is beautiful. But if you don't like it, complaining isn't going to fix that, so long story short, don't.

18. Merkie macrumors 68020

iOS 6 looks like your average ugly Winterboard skin when you're used to iOS 7.

19. C DM, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2014

C DM macrumors Westmere

How about people wanting to talk to others who want to discuss the same things? How about you having an easily ability not to even read let alone participate in threads that are not to your interest? How about it being even more annoying when people who have even less to do and just complain about others complaining? How about those people sinking even lower and just calling others names just because they don't care about the discussion (from which, again, they can easily stay away from without anything happening if they do)?

20. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

No, it is carefully thought out matured (but classic styled) design, iOS will get there again eventually though, it's already improved in 7.1.

21. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

These aggressive iOS 7 fans just come off as insecure. Why else would they even participate in these threads? If I were a satisfied iOS 7 user I would have no reason to argue with or insult iOS 6 users. What does it achieve?

I remember reading a thread a few months back where iOS 7 users were practically gloating and mocking people who stayed on iOS 6 because of them losing the ability to FaceTime. Where does this sort of aggression come from?

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

MacRumors is an Apple enthusiast website. I joined these forums to discuss my admiration for Apple as a company and their products and to also help other users with any issues they may be experiencing with their Apple products.

Instead I am greeted daily by a collective of whining,crying,bitching and moaning threads created by users who feel a sense of entitlement as if they gave Steve Jobs their personal savings to start Apple with.

I completely agree with TechGod.

23. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

So because you joined to discuss your admiration for Apple you expect everyone else to do the same? Right.... :rolleyes:

It's a forum. The whole point is for people to give their opinions. Some people might be happy with Apple, others might not be. Deal with it.

24. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Ha, knew this would get good when I read the first post....

I'm going start a little side business - called "Betting on Wasteland/Locked MacRumors Threads"

I'll provide the O/U on how many posts will fill the thread before it gets shut down.....

I don't give this one long.

25. Armen, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The issue is no one from Apple actually participates nor reads the threads in this forum. The pages and pages of complaints just die here.

It's a hen house of chickens just clucking away with no one to hear them.