iPad 2: Chicagoland Apple Store Availability Updates?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aricher, Mar 14, 2011.

1. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I just left the Michigan Ave. store. The manager came out to announce to the 15-20 people waiting that they don't have any in stock and will not be receiving any in this morning's shipment. Does anyone have any updates on availability at other locations?

2. uPad macrumors newbie

Orland Park store said the same thing.

3. myoldwatermill macrumors member

Northbrook and Old Orchard said the same thing.

4. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

At Lincoln Park store now, employee said they might be getting some in today. He said that deliveries are not at any set time and come intermittently throughout the day. I think I'll wait for a bit and play with the display models.

5. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

6. biosci macrumors 6502a

Called Oakbrook - none today.

Visited Naperville - nothing and nothing today too. "Try back tomorrow"

Next time, I'm just ordering online.

7. Bcos17 macrumors newbie

You guys might want to try the Best Buy stores too. The manager of Best Buy around the corner from the Lincoln Park Apple store told me he expected to get 300 this first week (he had 40-50 on launch day) and that shipments would probably come in every day. I drove down to that Lincoln Park store at 4pm friday and saw 500+ people lined up so I went to Best Buy and got behind about 40 ppl and was able to get one.

8. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

Managers at the Best Buys on North Ave. & Roosevelt stores say you need to go in, leave a $100 deposit and when they get them in they will call. Both said Tuesday or Friday at the earliest and that the Tuesday shipment would most likely go to the folks who already have reservations.

9. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

not working Wed thru Friday - Translation - Will be lined up at Apple Store prior to 9am every day until they give me one.

I've never had to work this hard to spend this much money.:rolleyes:

10. aricher thread starter macrumors 68020

aricher

Lincoln Park store manager just said they're not getting iPad shipments today, they've received non-iPad shipments and based on his search in the inventory system he doesn't think they're getting any iPads. He said best thing to do is try tomorrow morning.

11. djkinetic macrumors member

Was lucky enough to get one day 1 at Best Buy in Skokie, there were bout 20+ in stock only bout 15 lined up to get it, by comparison and contrast, the Naperville Apple store had over 200 ppl in line and the Old Orchard had over 90+ that same day, so along with the Apple stores i'd try calling the other retailers.

12. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Old Orchard had 350 iPad 2s. All sold out within an hour and a half. I know I was in line 4 hrs and didn't get one. try again wednessday... woooo

13. djkinetic macrumors member

ouch that sux, i lined up seated inside best buy for a total of an hr and 15 min walked out with the model i wanted. i had my doubts about the BB process but this one was quick and painless, and the employees weren't the normal teenage retards that usually work at BB lol.

14. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I woulda been right there with you except I have $250 worth of Apple gift cards. would have been a lot less hassle.

15. mumu84jpn macrumors newbie

Called Oak Brook, Schaumburg and Naperville to ask about the early store opening tomorrow. All said NO!

Hmmm.....:confused:

16. richlee111 macrumors regular

Wow....no love for us Chi-town Apple fans??? Given what I saw and heard this weekend in and around Chicago, it seems that we are really getting shafted with having a smaller stock of iPad 2s being available here. The thing that really baffles me is why. Yea, NYC and the 5th ave store will always be Apple mecca, and the west coast, well...its where "Designed by Apple in California" is. But Chicago, aren't we a big enough city to a big allocation of iPads???

17. docwoz macrumors newbie

Next time venture out west. I was doing a market update for a client just west of Crystal Lake and decided to stop in at the local Best Buy around 4:30. I was tenth in line and had choice of any device i wanted and was out by 5:30.

I'll never spend time in the busy cities after experiencing how easy it can be!

18. blue2011 macrumors newbie

Just called the Michigan Ave store. They had a small stock today and it's sold out now.

19. tchizzle macrumors newbie

Thats annoying. Called in the morning and a sales rep told me to call later in the afternoon. Called in the afternoon and the another sales rep told me that they arent expecting anything today and I should called back at 9AM tomorrow.

Called back out of curiosity after seeing this post and they told me that they havent received anything since Friday and I should try again 9AM tomorrow and they will know by then.

Just a heads up to all, Mich Ave store will be opening at 10AM.

20. Feld macrumors newbie

They gave me the same line. Do all Apple stores start taking calls an hour before they open? Does that mean anything?

21. ibecarly macrumors member

The people in Naperville were picking up the phone this weekend saying "We're sold out of iPads, how can I help you?" :p

22. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

That is exactly what I would do if I worked at an apple store.

23. turtles macrumors newbie

i was told they never had any today. Who knows what to believe now anyway. Anyone still lining up tomorrow morning?

24. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

Thanks for this, i won't bother tomorrow...unless your just trying to make sure no one else waits in line with you tomorrow.

25. mumu84jpn macrumors newbie

You can call for yourself to find out:p