iPad 3 owners, are you liking iOS 6 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Geekbabe, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

So far I'm digging this. Siri is funny, the Facebook integration is tight & being able to stream all my iTunes Match music OTA is freaking sweet.

2. marty1990 macrumors 6502

Not sure yet, I'm finding it laggy. I might to a restore and see if that sorts it out.

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

Thanks for sharing, iOS 6 will not come near my flawless running iPad 3. :p

4. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I'll let you know how it is after I restore it through iTunes. I dunno whether my over-the-air update messed up - if it's possible to do so - because the iOS6 download timed out half way through. I then reset the iPad, and went to download it again, thinking it would start from scratch, but it carried on from where it timed out. I noticed right away that scrolling was lagging, as was opening and closing apps.

Also, Apple maps is pretty dire. I dunno whether it's just me, but that's very laggy.

5. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I am loving it! It runs very smooth on my IPad 3! I can't believe that I have Siri on my iPad!

6. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

That stinks! I did the OTA update, things were a bit laggy for the first few minutes but a quick reboot fixed things.

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I decided that since I will be getting the iPhone 5 on Friday, I won't be updating to iOS 6. It does have a lot of cool updates, but it's not worth losing my jailbreak to me. I'll wait until a jailbreak is released.

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

iPad 3 has been updated, absolutely loving it. Maps looks beautiful, but I miss street veiw already, siri is cool and the do not disturb feature is most welcome. Not updating my iPhone though, witing for my 5 to come.

iPad owners, do it now, no lag here.

9. MacMane macrumors regular

I like ios 6 a lot. Most features are welcomed. I do have some problems with video playback in safari (I don't know about other browsers).

10. Matt8045 macrumors regular

Liking Siri (iPhone 4 soon to be 5 owner) but no Street view in maps stinks, I also wish the 3d Map was more detailed at close up

11. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

I am loving the Facebook integration & the ability to have Siri post for me :)

12. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Other than Siri. It's about the same. I don't see anything else that makes it better. I think Apple has done a great job in hardware, but I feel like their evolutionary steps on software will begin wear people down.

I don't notice a difference. Maps is great and flyover is cool for like 5 minutes. But it seems like they invested and wasted all their time on Maps and not truly evolve the operating system more. It just feels like iOS5+

13. Bokes macrumors 6502

Siri is a joke.
    I tried to dictate a note and it got many words incorrect.

I then thought opening apps by speaking would be cool- but you have to tap the Siri button to activate- so what's the point?
    Just tap the App icon.

For those that like it:
    How do you guys use it?

14. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

I am pretty disappointed.. I was expecting to be able to use panorama to take photos and I don't see the option...I was expecting a iPad version of the YouTube app but there isn't one (using the browser). I was also under the impression that I would have passbook and full screen safari. First time I've ever been disappointed with apple software.

15. Geekbabe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

While browsing the forums I was able to ask Siri about stock closing prices, she gave me the info & I didn't need to navigate away from this page, I was also able to make notes pretty easily.

16. seanpercival01 macrumors member

I don't see anything else that makes it better. I think Apple has done a great job in hardware, but I feel like their evolutionary steps on software will begin wear people down.

17. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I like it just fine but miss the old wallpapers

18. Luckybobby macrumors regular

19. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Any one live in New York City? I asked siri for the weather and it says for nyc is 90 degrees??? Its def not

20. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Knowing what features were coming for iPad before I downloaded and still downloaded, I'm pleased with it. Siri is always amusing when it doesn't work and helpful when it does. I love that there is the clock now. No biggie about the YouTube bit because that's an easy fix and the maps are alright. I was used to google maps so it'll take some adjusting but can't complain. Browser seems faster for me and I like the cloud tab feature. I'm still exploring but i am pleased.

21. bruceclay85 macrumors member

bruceclay85

Try Chrome. I held off for quite a while using it on all my iOS devices, but finally gave in. It's a much faster browser. There's real value in it as well if you us it on your PC too.

22. kannesss macrumors 6502a

Mines been working well. It's nice to have Siri on hand at any point now. Don't have to go searching for the phone Everytime now.
    Plus iPad mini still hasn't come out, so I don't feel left behind yet!! :) lol

23. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

I love Siri and Flyover! I couldn't be more happy about iOS 6 :D

24. OSMac macrumors 65816

Is it possible to play youtube video fullscreen with iOS 6 on the iPad?

25. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I have an iPad 2, but I have to say that Safari is definitely quicker with iOS 6.