Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msaghirmd

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
None in Miami Beach

iPad Mini + Cellular
None in stock at opening of flagship At&t store in Miami Beach.
None at Apple Store on Lincoln

4th Gen + Cellular
None at At&t
In stock at Apple Store

Brewsta

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
iPad Mini + Cellular
None in stock at opening of flagship At&t store in Miami Beach.
None at Apple Store on Lincoln

4th Gen + Cellular
None at At&t
In stock at Apple Store

Another report of AT&T stores not having any LTE minis. The carrier stores really don't seem to have any, even in major cities like Miami and Minneapolis.

Wish we could get a straight answer from Apple about their retail plans today. Someone posted earlier that their Apple Store told them they couldn't sell an LTE iPad mini until after 10 PM tonight. Any other corroborations of this story or other experiences?

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
just contacted the 3 Apple stores in the Philadelphia, PA area.

none of them has the iPad 4 LTE. they said they won't be getting them in until Friday Nov 26 (black friday). psshhh

keep in mind for all of the NYC people here, millions of $'s worth of iPad Minis were stolen in that shipment to JFK Airport in NYC. that will have an immediate impact on many retailers in that area

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
just contacted the 3 Apple stores in the Philadelphia, PA area.

none of them has the iPad 4 LTE. they said they won't be getting them in until Friday Nov 26 (black friday). psshhh

keep in mind for all of the NYC people here, millions of $'s worth of iPad Minis were stolen in that shipment to JFK Airport in NYC. that will have an immediate impact on many retailers in that area

Crazy how the same company can have stock in one region and none in another. When today is "launch day". They're sold out without making a sale.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Apple doesnt want your money. They dont even have enough minis to meet the minimal demand forcing people instead to buy a nexus. No one is going to wait forever to buy apple.

gabriel925fm

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Ok. I got the truth after bitching out a store manager. Called for a mini LTE and the clerk said in stock. Drove to apple and waited 30 minutes. They said after waiting that no mini LTE can be sold yet. They are not allowed to sell until tonight at 10pm. He says the pos will not even let him scan it until 10pm.

He put one on hold for me and will let me pick up tomorrow at 8am.

I got the same info in orlando

stevegm

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Another report of AT&T stores not having any LTE minis. The carrier stores really don't seem to have any, even in major cities like Miami and Minneapolis.

Wish we could get a straight answer from Apple about their retail plans today. Someone posted earlier that their Apple Store told them they couldn't sell an LTE iPad mini until after 10 PM tonight. Any other corroborations of this story or other experiences?

I have spoken with two Apple retail stores who both told me that they can not sell them until tomorrow (Saturday).

Brewsta

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
10:55 AM Eastern thread roundup:

Apple Stores: Most (but not all) have good quantities of LTE iPad 4. Simply order online and choose store pickup.

We have three separate reports in now that the POS system at the Apple Store will not allow employees to sell LTE iPad minis until after 10 PM tonight. Looks like you'll want to line up tomorrow morning if you want to get your hands on one! (Or better yet, try to use the store pickup feature starting at 10 PM Eastern tonight.)

AT&T Stores: We have had multiple reports from major cities that AT&T stores have zero stock of iPad 4 or iPad mini. Call first, but probably don't waste your time.

Verizon Stores: Two reports in: no stock in store, but they'll cheerfully order one for you.

Sprint Stores: I've yet to see a report from a Sprint store.

Best Buy: One report in (from Maryland) saying they won't have stock of LTE models until 11/21. Plenty of Wi-Fi only minis (!), which is probably the first time anyone's written that statement.

Last edited:

dan4160

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
No minis at BestBuy in MD

Check with BestBuy in MD was told that they heard 11/21 was when they would get the LTE minis. The Manager check invotory and said there were no minis in the system. They did have a ton of WIFI only minis in 32 and 64 gig.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
I am sitting outside of my VZW store now. Opens at 10am.

I went to my large verizon store near me (opens at 9 EST) they said sure, I can order one for you. NONE in stock.

----------

Had Mini or 4?

My Apple store DID have ipad 4 LTE for sale. They actually had Mini LTE too, but could not sell them if they wanted to. (Managers words.) He said he tried one more time right before pulling mine asside. 10PM tonight they can sell. Conveiniently thats after the store closes so it really means tomorrow. I'm glad I can get mine at 8. Busy day tomorrow, can't wait till 10.

Brewsta

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
No you did not. None of the Bay Area stores got stock of the mini LtE AT&T.

Almost all of these reports are people talking about iPad 4. We should really change the thread title, because iPad 4s are plentiful and easy to find. We don't need a thread about those.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
He's talking about the ipad4. Everyone posting in this thread: Please make sure you specify ipad4 or Mini!

Sorry, yes I was talking about the iPad 4 not the Mini... the Mini will be sold tomorrow is my guess from reports that Apple can't sell them after 10pm today.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
No luck at either AT&T or Apple stores in Knoxville, TN. AT&T had no idea when they'd be getting them (although you can place an order to be shipped in 7-14 business days), and Apple just said they didn't have any, but wouldn't tell me (or didn't know) when they expected to get them.

Briefly considered ordering from AT&T to get the $100 discount, but I already have one pre-ordered through Apple that is due to arrive Tuesday. I'm either going to call AT&T and see if they might just credit the $100 to my bill if I sign a 2-year contract, or otherwise I'll buy from AT&T once they're available and return the Apple Store one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.