Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Was expecting a dispatch email today but didn't come through.

Slightly annoyed that Apple hasn't sent an apology/delay acknowledgement for being a bit late - even Tesco/Amazon etc do that.

What shipping estimate have you been provided on the order page?

Wiggles

Suspended
Jul 20, 2010
Was expecting a dispatch email today but didn't come through.

Slightly annoyed that Apple hasn't sent an apology/delay acknowledgement for being a bit late - even Tesco/Amazon etc do that.

What dates were you given if they're already late? I can't remember a last possible delivery date on this thread which was before December 3rd.

I expect the dispatches to be the same as for the cellular iPad 4s, and looking at their thread everyones went from processing to shipped within a few hours one evening, and they were all delivered the next day. Still plenty of time for that before next week.

jamies90

macrumors regular
May 24, 2009
London, UK
What dates were you given if they're already late? I can't remember a last possible delivery date on this thread which was before December 3rd.

I expect the dispatches to be the same as for the cellular iPad 4s, and looking at their thread everyones went from processing to shipped within a few hours one evening, and they were all delivered the next day. Still plenty of time for that before next week.

Sorry misworded that.

I've got 30th Nov - 7 Dec.

Just thought it was quoted from the Keynote that they would be delivered two weeks after the wifi versions.

But hey, hopefully not too long now.

oli.watts

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
UK
Just stop and think for a minute. Apple have released 5 entirely new products requiring totally new manufacturing processes in the last quarter. Each one has been a blockbuster success. I think they're allowed a little flexibility with delivery dates.

As yet they're not missing any deadlines.

----------

However, I want mine tomorrow ;)

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Heres a little story to kill some more time...

After about 2 or 3 weeks since pre-ordering, it occurred to me that I hadn't actually seen an iPad mini in the flesh, so I decided to keep it that way so that the first one I saw would be the one that is delivered to me.

I started taking it a bit too seriously when I had to enter an Apple store (twice) and both times stating at the ground/ceiling to avoid looking at the minis slapped right in the entrance.

At work, people cottoned on and started placing them on my desk, bribing me by offering things I wanted (work-paid iPhone 5 for example) in return for me touching one. So far I've been fairly successful in my avoidance but people have started bringing them into meetings. Grrr.

Such is the life of a weird Apple fan with a hint of OCD.

Alshujibi

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2012
New Castle, DE
I hope it is delivered by wednesday or thursday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 73

motin

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
mini ipad lte delivery time

this is the update at my order hope for gd news soon

Attachments

• ScreenShot423.bmp
    409.4 KB · Views: 195

austen

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Something is happening

Hopefully means they are on the move.

Attachments

• sorry.jpg
    sorry.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 76

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Hi All - I've been following the thread (and checking my order status daily!)

I'm waiting for a 32gb 3G iPad mini, ordered at about 8.01am on the 26th

The order status checker is now offline, and I've noticed there is now a banner on the store saying "Guaranteed delivery by Xmas if ordered by 28th November" - could that mean ours are finally nearly on their way?

I love how Apple is one of the few companies in the world people will happily give their money to in the hope they might eventually deign to send them the product....!

I sold my 1st Gen iPad over the weekend :(

P.S. - Although saying that - my credit card still doesn't appear to have been charged....so maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer

Millie

Last edited:

Nora.

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
The Netherlands
Hi All - I've been following the thread (and checking my order status daily!)

I'm waiting for a 32gb 3G iPad mini, ordered at about 8.01am on the 26th

The order status checker is now offline, and I've noticed there is now a banner on the store saying "Guaranteed delivery by Xmas if ordered by 28th November" - could that mean ours are finally nearly on their way?

I love how Apple is one of the few companies in the world people will happily give their money to in the hope they might eventually deign to send them the product....!

I sold my 1st Gen iPad over the weekend :(

P.S. - Although saying that - my credit card still doesn't appear to have been charged....so maybe I'll have to wait a bit longer

Millie
I read that too. I don't think it means ours are on the way though, just that we too will be lucky enough to get it right before Christmas. :(

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Where are the international iPad minis with LTE?
http://www.imore.com/where-are-international-ipad-minis-lte

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
What did your estimated delivery time say before the site went down? I ordered the same ipad at the same time as you!

I really have to stop checking this thread every ten minutes.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I wonder if the cellular versions are more technically complex to manufacture, thus the longer wait time.

Not more technically complex than an iPhone, surely. Apple has been turning out cellular devices for years, so any delay may be more due to getting approval from the FCC and similar international boards overseeing telephone communications.

millie1985

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Back up and nothing changed :(

Stil "Processing Items - Dispatched: 1 - 2 Weeks Delivers 26 Nov, 2012 - 03 Dec, 2012"

Grrrrrr....at this rate I'm going to break the F5 button on my keyboard...

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Annoying though the wait is, I won't be weeping into my pillow screaming "botched launch! Fail!" until the entire delivery window that I've been told, 30 Nov-7 Dec, has come and gone with no sign of my mini. Progress, or lack of, means bog all at this stage. My launch day iPhone 5 only appeared and started moving on the Wednesday before it appeared. Of course, if I do get it in Dec(looking increasingly likely) and not late Nov as Apple originally said...tsk tsk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.