Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toonbay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Was slightly disappointed on pre order when my white 16gb was pushed to 2 weeks after ordering at 8.02am but thought I can wait I'm not in a hurry but as usual the launch hype took over
Ordered a white 16gb at John Lewis yesterday at 8am and picked up today, what a great little iPad, don't miss my 3 at all and screen fine with me

I do think the pre order is poor, fair enough apple stores have stock but when , currys , Argos , John Lewis etc have the white models on launch it makes a mockery of pre ordering and waiting 2 weeks

So thanks John Lewis and also for 2 year guarantee!!!

N0ddie

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Glasgow
Apple in Glasgow Buchanan street have the black in all models and the white in 64 GB. That was about 5:30 this evening.

The place was mobbed when we were in earlier. Felt like we kept getting in the way with our wee man in his pram lol.

Couldn't get near the iPad mini table. Was 3 deep around it waiting for a go when we popped in. Got the wife to ask if they had any stock not thinking they would but was chuffed that at the time they had all models available.

goldbear86

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
The place was mobbed when we were in earlier. Felt like we kept getting in the way with our wee man in his pram lol.

Couldn't get near the iPad mini table. Was 3 deep around it waiting for a go when we popped in. Got the wife to ask if they had any stock not thinking they would but was chuffed that at the time they had all models available.

Yeah it was pretty busy too! Strangely enough all the people at the iPad table seemed to be playing with the iPad 4. Was surprised they had stock, they sold out yesterday.

olisones

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
Really want to pick one up tomorrow. Does anyone know what time Apple Stores get stock or is it the luck of the draw?!

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
Think it's luck of the draw!

Does anyone know if the reservations work in the UK? Seems unavailable in the App...

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Ordered a white 16gb at John Lewis yesterday at 8am and picked up today, what a great little iPad, don't miss my 3 at all and screen fine with me

So thanks John Lewis and also for 2 year guarantee!!!

Did you pick up at Eldon Square?

If so they must have had a delivery on Friday night, they were down to 4 when i went in at lunch time Friday, and had sold 10 between me phoning and going in (around an hour).

Place was busier than I've seen it before, everyone was wanting to see the Mini, I slipped past to the cashier and paid without waiting for the salesmen doing their demos.

olisones

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
Went into the Covent Garden store just now - completely sold out. Nothing more fustrating then seeing and playing with something then being unable to buy it!! Apparently it's the same across all AS in London - although I called Regent Street and they have black models in. Guess the stores don't talk to each other that much!

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
Any idea when John Lewis usually gets stock back in? All models showing out of stock currently.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Any idea when John Lewis usually gets stock back in? All models showing out of stock currently.

I don't think even John Lewis know, this was posted on AVF where they cancelled his order and refunded him.

Has anyone ordered one online from JL and received theirs yet, I ordered mine yesterday with express delivery unfortunately mine has been lost in transit and I've had to cancel the order due to JL not being sure when they would be back in stock. I'm gutted, no one has a black 16 gb one in stock though I can find a white one at Tesco Direct.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/17910505-post12.html

charles42

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
John Lewis had 32GB black in this morning, i managed to get my order in on time! it said they had over 10.

But of course they are all gone now, I kept my eye on this iPad mini stock checker and got lucky!

mine should come tomorrow, good luck with your search.

BTW, when i was looking for an iPad3, i rung John lLewis store, who found one on their system and shipped out from the shop!

Tunster

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2009
Got my iPad mini 16GB in White today. Managed to swoop an order from Misco and get it delivered next day. Was going to hold off buying one until I saw a colleagues. Beautiful little thing. Crazy that I now own an iPad 3 and an iPad mini!

Regent St had plenty of covers to boot too. The red cover goes lovely with the white iPad.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
still not a dickie on my white 32gb 4G....

hopefully it comes by the end of the month! i've sold my wifes ipad 2 and given her my ipad 3 so i am ipadless... frying my balls with my laptop every evening instead :)

----------

BTW is the red plastic mini smart cover too "red"? I liked the old leather red one for the full size ipad because it wasnt overtly bright.

Dan14

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
Ordered a black 32GB Mini from John Lewis this morning at around 10:30, should be here tomorrow.

Toonbay

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Did you pick up at Eldon Square?

If so they must have had a delivery on Friday night, they were down to 4 when i went in at lunch time Friday, and had sold 10 between me phoning and going in (around an hour).

Place was busier than I've seen it before, everyone was wanting to see the Mini, I slipped past to the cashier and paid without waiting for the salesmen doing their demos.

Hi , no I ordered online so think it came from a central warehouse, I had to pick it up from collections after 2pm, love the mini, the size is perfect for my needs

Last edited:

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
still not a dickie on my white 32gb 4G....

hopefully it comes by the end of the month! i've sold my wifes ipad 2 and given her my ipad 3 so i am ipadless... frying my balls with my laptop every evening instead :)

----------

BTW is the red plastic mini smart cover too "red"? I liked the old leather red one for the full size ipad because it wasnt overtly bright.

I got the red cover for my 3 - it is very red compared to the Product Red leather cover, but I liked it, it had a slightly dark orange tone to it. Looks good with a white iPad.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I walked into my local Comet store today and managed to pick up a white & silver 16GB iPad mini (very happy as I wanted the white one, however I would have settled for the black one).

It was their last iPad mini in store. I also tried my local currys and car phone warehouse beforehand and they had both sold out.

Must say, I absolutely love my mini! Very happy with the purchase! And it compliments my iPad 3rd generation very well! :D

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
I walked into my local Comet store today and managed to pick up a white & silver 16GB iPad mini (very happy as I wanted the white one, however I would have settled for the black one).

It was their last iPad mini in store. I also tried my local currys and car phone warehouse beforehand and they had both sold out.

Must say, I absolutely love my mini! Very happy with the purchase! And it compliments my iPad 3rd generation very well! :D

I'm amazed Comet got stock of Ipad Minis, I would have thought them going into administration would have meant an abrupt end to any deliveries.

olisones

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008

Where abouts are you based? Can't seem to find one in Currys stores near London!

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm amazed Comet got stock of Ipad Minis, I would have thought them going into administration would have meant an abrupt end to any deliveries.

I know, I thought I'd try my luck anyway and I managed to get the last one!

Where abouts are you based? Can't seem to find one in Currys stores near London!

Currys didn't have any in stock. Comet did, however, I purchased their last one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.