iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) New cases/sleeves Thread

jazz1

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I received my iPad 12.9 non-keyboard folio today. I'm going through my old bags/camera bags and sleeves to see what might fit since I purchased them with the 10.5 that I already own.

So far it has either been a very tight fit, or definite no go:rolleyes:. Note I have not received the actual iPad 12.9 yet. I'm only using it with the cardboard rectangle insert. I'm sure the actual iPad 12.9 will probably be the real test. Cardboard is, after all, flexible and crushable.

When I eventually buy iPad 12.9 keyboard folio it will be thicker than the plain folio. So what bags work with my little test today won't with the keyboard folio. Oh well, I knew that there would be additional costs when I opted for the new 12.9 over my 10.5.

This includes several camera bags/slings that I already own. Looks like there will be a garage sale this Spring! In the meantime just looking forward to getting to know the 12.9.

Last edited:

kurosov

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2009
I received my iPad 12.9 non-keyboard folio today. I'm going through my old bags/camera bags and sleeves to see what might fit since I purchased them with the 10.5 that I already own.
I bought a new camera bag alongside my 12.9 pro.

I've used the thinktank retrospective 20 for a few years now and was planning on picking up the v2 model but it seemed a tight fit if at all for the iPad so i ordered a 30 v2 instead.

Reactions: jazz1

jazz1

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I bought a new camera bag alongside my 12.9 pro.

I've used the thinktank retrospective 20 for a few years now and was planning on picking up the v2 model but it seemed a tight fit if at all for the iPad so i ordered a 30 v2 instead.
I do love Thinktank bags. Sadly my recently purchased Retrospective 7's exterior laptop/tablet pocket won't fit the new 12.9. it is too tall to zip up.

kurosov

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2009
I do love Thinktank bags. Sadly my recently purchased Retrospective 7's exterior laptop/tablet pocket won't fit the new 12.9. it is too tall to zip up.
The whole range is great. I've had a few bags with much thicker padding to protect gear fall apart after a while but the retrospective bag has lasted years without damage to gear and only recently started fraying in a couple of spots.

I was originally planning on grabbing the new 20 and one of the smaller ones, probably the 5 for when i'm carrying less. The problem is getting around to carrying less, I always had my 20 pretty damn full and sometimes had to opt for a camera always around my neck so the 30 v2 should help with that while also having space for the 12.9" iPad pro.

The v2 range has some nice improvements although i'm not so keen on the rivet design for the front pouch or the loss of the second bottle holder/pocket, i'll probably pick up one of the modular thingies to stick there.

As much as i'm looking forward to getting the iPad tomorrow i'm almost looking forward to the bag more, The perfect fit camera bag can be an elusive find.

AlliFlowers

Contributor
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I hope Moshi used the new magnets in the 2018 iPad Pros. I can’t find the email from Moshi that had a picture of the new, upcoming product.
Mostly I remember it's an origami style case, which I love. Hopefully, we'll start seeing knockoffs soon!

Exactly!
Who wants to be taking a large case off and on all the time to be able to charge the Pencil!?
Defeats the whole purpose!!
Right! And who's willing to shell out $80-100 to find out? Why can't they just include a photo mockup.

Reactions: DotCom2

Boardiesboi

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
For good quality sleeves, I can recommend Harber London (click) Been very satisfied with their products before.

Ordered their Slim iPad Pro EVO sleeve in 'Tan' for my new 12.9.

View attachment 802197

Has a nice strap for the pencil also:
View attachment 802198
Yes!! I have the harber London for my MacBook Pro 13 and it’s very well made.

It’s a bit looser than I like though

Reactions: Rck1984

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Ladies and Gents I have tested the Ztotop Folio Case aaaaannnnnnddddd drum roll.....

The Auto Sleep/Wake Feature DOES NOT WORK. :( (Yes, I confirmed the setting is active on my iPad & my authentic Apple Smart Folio works perfectly)

Other than that, it lines up perfectly with the camera and the magnets hold the back side of the case on strong.

It is a shame because this case would have definitely been a keeper. Back to Amazon it goes!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4K6ZK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

34F46BF1-2B8D-4D7A-84C8-3225050033C3.jpeg
B1A0BFE3-5A64-481E-8947-DAA2F9F9D9ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.