• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that its much-anticipated larger-screened iPad Pro will go on sale at Apple Stores, select carriers and Apple Authorized Resellers in the U.S. and over 40 countries starting later this week, with online orders set to begin on Wednesday, November 11.

ipad-pro.jpg

While Apple will not begin accepting online orders until Wednesday, November 11, other retailers have already begun allowing customers to place orders for the iPad Pro. Sam's Club was the first to accept pre-orders but quickly sold out, while MacMall and Staples are still accepting orders. Ordering from one of these sites will not guarantee delivery later this week - MacMall doesn't expect orders to ship until November 16, while Staples lists a launch date of November 25.

Apple's iPad Pro is its new flagship tablet with a 12.9-inch Retina display, a super powerful A9X processor, a four speaker audio system, 4GB RAM, and an 8-megapixel rear camera.
"The early response to iPad Pro from app developers and our customers has been incredible, and we're excited to get iPad Pro into the hands of customers around the world this week," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "iPad Pro is the most powerful iPad we've ever made, giving users the ability to be even more creative and more productive with the epic 12.9-inch Retina display, powerful 64-bit A9X chip and groundbreaking Apple Pencil and new Smart Keyboard. We can't wait to see what they do with iPad Pro."
Pricing for the iPad Pro starts at $799 for the entry-level 32GB Wi-Fi only model. A 128GB Wi-Fi only model is available for $949, and a 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model is available for $1,079. The iPad Pro is available in the three signature iPad colors: Space Gray, Silver, and Gold.

iPad Pro will be available in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UAE, U.S., U.K., Uruguay and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Apple will also be allowing customers to order the Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard, the two accessories that are designed to be used with the iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil, a pressure-sensitive stylus, will be available for $99 while the Smart Keyboard is priced at $169.

Article Link: iPad Pro Online Orders Start November 11, Available in Stores Later This Week

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
This might be the first iPad I don't buy at launch. I've owned all the other iPads since the iPad 1 but this one just seems too big for every day use. I will need to look at it first before I decide. One of the things I like about the current iPads is that they are easy to handle and transport.

Comment

Keerock

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
I think disjointed because this is considered a consumer, prosumer and business tool. The marketing does not have a chance to be focused until they begin crafting a separate message for each segment and establishing all channels for sale. My feeling is between IBM, the iPad Pro and new to come convertibles (crossing fingers), 2016 will be the year of Apple Enterprise.

Comment

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
Apple did too good of a job selling me on 3D Touch that neglecting to include it in the Pro version of the iPad has me holding off until next year. Muscle memory for 3D Touch will quickly become annoying when pressing deeper does nothing on the iPad Pro.

thinking the same thing....

Comment

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Not a fan of those soft launches. Especially if it's like the Apple TV where online buyers have to pay extra to get it on launch day. Just encourages people to go to the store and line up, which ironically is was Angela Ahrendts said she wanted to avoid.
I don't see this as a product people will line up in stores to buy. It is a relatively niche market.

Comment

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Looks like there will be just a white and charcoal grey regular smart covers:

• New, Apple-designed polyurethane iPad Pro Smart Covers will be available for $59 (US) in charcoal gray and white. New iPad Pro Silicone Cases will be available for $79 (US) in charcoal gray and white.

Comment

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
We should have seen the Air 3 this year with the A9 chip but Apple thought it best to hold back the regular iPad line to make the Pro look better.. I have no interest in the Pro. So annoyed! :mad::mad:

Wouldn't surprise me if they also hold back other basic features like landscape stereo speakers from the regular iPad line up in future for the same reasons. Hmph!

2012:
iPad 4 with A6X

2013:
Air 1 with A7

2014:
Air 2 with A8X

2015:
iPad Pro With A9X

2016:
Air 3 with A9X
iPad Pro 2 with A10X

Comment

businezguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
This is an odd launch. Clearly this device was thrown out there in response to the Surface Pro line. It's a device that doesn't really seem planned. The Pencil looks pretty cool though, and I bet the screen is gorgeous. Maybe Apple will figure out what they are doing with this device and it'll become useful. In the mean time, I'll pass.

Comment

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Looks like there will be just a white and charcoal grey regular smart covers:

The cost of front and back together is only $30 less than the keyboard case. i think they're trying to push people to grab the keyboard.

Edit: I wonder when MR will stop considering the iPad pro a Do Not Buy LOL.

Reactions: navaira and profets
Comment

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Ugh, can guarantee most people will not be able to get one at launch because Apple feels this stupid need to push all these products to every country at one time. :mad:

Comment

closer01

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011

Apple today announced that its much-anticipated larger-screened iPad Pro will go on sale at Apple Stores, select carriers and Apple Authorized Resellers in the U.S. and 39 other countries starting later this week, with online orders set to begin on Wednesday, November 11.

ipad-pro.jpg

While Apple will not begin accepting online orders until Wednesday, November 11, other retailers have already begun allowing customers to place orders for the iPad Pro. Sam's Club was the first to accept pre-orders but quickly sold out, while MacMall and Staples are still accepting orders. Ordering from one of these sites will not guarantee delivery later this week - MacMall doesn't expect orders to ship until November 16, while Staples lists a launch date of November 25.

Apple's iPad Pro is its new flagship tablet with a 12.9-inch Retina display, a super powerful A9X processor, a four speaker audio system, 4GB RAM, and an 8-megapixel rear camera.

Pricing for the iPad Pro starts at $799 for the entry-level 32GB Wi-Fi only model. A 128GB Wi-Fi only model is available for $949, and a 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model is available for $1,079. The iPad Pro is available in the three signature iPad colors: Space Gray, Silver, and Gold.

iPad Pro will be available in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UAE, U.S., U.K., Uruguay and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Apple will also be allowing customers to order the Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard, the two accessories that are designed to be used with the iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil, a pressure-sensitive stylus, will be available for $99 while the Smart Keyboard is priced at $169.

Article Link: iPad Pro to Be Available in Stores Later This Week, Online Orders Start November 11

Will this be a 3AM EST preorder?

Comment

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
Do they start taking orders at midnight on the 11th or whenever Apple rolls out of bed on the 11th? Also perhaps its a good sign they are releasing to 40 countries. Hopefully this means Apple has enough stock to go around during launch week.

Reactions: Pupalei
Comment

ArrowDigital

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2015
Michigan
Do they start taking orders at midnight on the 11th or whenever Apple rolls out of bed on the 11th? Also perhaps its a good sign they are releasing to 40 countries. Hopefully this means Apple has enough stock to go around during launch week.
I am wondering the same thing.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.