iPad Pro Online Orders Start November 11, Available in Stores Later This Week

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today announced that its much-anticipated larger-screened iPad Pro will go on sale at Apple Stores, select carriers and Apple Authorized Resellers in the U.S. and over 40 countries starting later this week, with online orders set to begin on Wednesday, November 11.

[​IMG]

While Apple will not begin accepting online orders until Wednesday, November 11, other retailers have already begun allowing customers to place orders for the iPad Pro. Sam's Club was the first to accept pre-orders but quickly sold out, while MacMall and Staples are still accepting orders. Ordering from one of these sites will not guarantee delivery later this week - MacMall doesn't expect orders to ship until November 16, while Staples lists a launch date of November 25.

Apple's iPad Pro is its new flagship tablet with a 12.9-inch Retina display, a super powerful A9X processor, a four speaker audio system, 4GB RAM, and an 8-megapixel rear camera.
    Pricing for the iPad Pro starts at $799 for the entry-level 32GB Wi-Fi only model. A 128GB Wi-Fi only model is available for $949, and a 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model is available for $1,079. The iPad Pro is available in the three signature iPad colors: Space Gray, Silver, and Gold.

iPad Pro will be available in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UAE, U.S., U.K., Uruguay and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Apple will also be allowing customers to order the Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard, the two accessories that are designed to be used with the iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil, a pressure-sensitive stylus, will be available for $99 while the Smart Keyboard is priced at $169.

Article Link: iPad Pro Online Orders Start November 11, Available in Stores Later This Week

2. rdlink macrumors 68040

rdlink

3. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Yes, finally! I can't wait. I hope to be able to order on Wed and pick it up on Friday.

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Not a fan of those soft launches. Especially if it's like the Apple TV where online buyers have to pay extra to get it on launch day. Just encourages people to go to the store and line up, which ironically is was Angela Ahrendts said she wanted to avoid.

5. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

New flagship iPad? How is that definited? No iPad will ever be as popular as the 10 inch.

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

This might be the first iPad I don't buy at launch. I've owned all the other iPads since the iPad 1 but this one just seems too big for every day use. I will need to look at it first before I decide. One of the things I like about the current iPads is that they are easy to handle and transport.

7. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Apple did too good of a job selling me on 3D Touch that neglecting to include it in the Pro version of the iPad has me holding off until next year. Muscle memory for 3D Touch will quickly become annoying when pressing deeper does nothing on the iPad Pro.

8. Keerock macrumors regular

I think disjointed because this is considered a consumer, prosumer and business tool. The marketing does not have a chance to be focused until they begin crafting a separate message for each segment and establishing all channels for sale. My feeling is between IBM, the iPad Pro and new to come convertibles (crossing fingers), 2016 will be the year of Apple Enterprise.

9. fm_carv Suspended

fm_carv

thinking the same thing....

10. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Why is the entry level 32GB then jumps to 128GB? I also can't get over a "pro" device running the exact same iOS as an iPad mini

Very little about this device makes sense

11. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't see this as a product people will line up in stores to buy. It is a relatively niche market.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's probably disjointed because this isn't expected to be a big seller. The 10" iPad will remain far and away the most popular model. I can't see the Pro even matching the Mini in sales. Too high in price and too small in niche.

13. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

Uhhh - why?

14. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

15. profets macrumors 601

Looks like there will be just a white and charcoal grey regular smart covers:

16. Jsameds macrumors 68040

We should have seen the Air 3 this year with the A9 chip but Apple thought it best to hold back the regular iPad line to make the Pro look better.. I have no interest in the Pro. So annoyed! :mad::mad:

Wouldn't surprise me if they also hold back other basic features like landscape stereo speakers from the regular iPad line up in future for the same reasons. Hmph!

2012:
    iPad 4 with A6X

2013:
    Air 1 with A7

2014:
    Air 2 with A8X

2015:
    iPad Pro With A9X

2016:
    Air 3 with A9X
    iPad Pro 2 with A10X

17. businezguy macrumors 6502

This is an odd launch. Clearly this device was thrown out there in response to the Surface Pro line. It's a device that doesn't really seem planned. The Pencil looks pretty cool though, and I bet the screen is gorgeous. Maybe Apple will figure out what they are doing with this device and it'll become useful. In the mean time, I'll pass.

18. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68030

PBG4 Dude

The cost of front and back together is only $30 less than the keyboard case. i think they're trying to push people to grab the keyboard.

Edit: I wonder when MR will stop considering the iPad pro a Do Not Buy LOL.

19. Nozuka macrumors 68020

Thank you Macrumors! At least one Website that lists all the Countries.

20. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Ugh, can guarantee most people will not be able to get one at launch because Apple feels this stupid need to push all these products to every country at one time. :mad:

21. closer01 macrumors newbie

Will this be a 3AM EST preorder?

22. loekf macrumors 6502a

loekf

Grabs beer and chips for another messy launch like the ATV4. DHL and UPS did an excellent job alienating customers.

23. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Do they start taking orders at midnight on the 11th or whenever Apple rolls out of bed on the 11th? Also perhaps its a good sign they are releasing to 40 countries. Hopefully this means Apple has enough stock to go around during launch week.

24. ArrowDigital macrumors newbie

I am wondering the same thing.

25. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

Wow, I didn't realize there was so much pre launch negativity surrounding the iPad Pro - I think it'll just be great as a paper and sketching replacement on my desk. First gen is first gen.