iPad Pro's bending issue (merged)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Doomoo, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Lowfi22mac macrumors newbie

Just changed out my LTE 11" Pro for a new one. New one still has a bend.

Clearly not sorted out production issues...or maybe they have and stock is still filtering through. Will change again in 14 days.

2. Eugr macrumors newbie

Funny, just stopped at Apple Store and noticed that all iPads in the showroom are wifi ones, not a single LTE model. When I bought my iPad it was the other way around.

Of course all wifi iPads are perfectly straight no matter how you look at them.

3. fokmik macrumors 68040

Thank god i wasn’t dumb to buy the ipad..hope the next year Apple will adress the issue like they did with the iphone 6s

4. jacojac macrumors newbie

jacojac

Apple attempted to deny coverage of my 20 day old iPad Pro because it had a slight bend, they then insisted was accidental damage. I'm now up to my 4th replacement which is still bent! A lot more then 400 Microns Untitled-3.png

5. thedemoncowboy Suspended

You’re on your fourth? Jesus Christ ... makes me weary getting it!

6. fokmik macrumors 68040

12.9" or 11" LTE?

7. Pelea macrumors 6502

Why do people feel entitled to the point that they won’t accept a small bend on their ipad? There’s nothing wrong with that and in my opinion it is not apples fault, but the users fault for caring about something so stupid.

8. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I think it's up to individual users as to what they feel is important enough for them to discuss.

9. Jssmith83 macrumors newbie

Jssmith83

I dunno. If there was a minor bend in my iPad I'd probably be okay and keep using it. The pictures I've seen online about the bend a not minor. It looks like a boomerang. I wouldn't be happy with that, but I'd just try to take it back, I wouldn't sue anyone or anything.

10. BLBL macrumors regular

My view on this is that I only buy Apple products due to reason they are (or used to be) premium products (with huge premium price also). When I pay huge premium price, I don't what to see any visual damages, bending or bad quality screens or any other low quality parts. If I don't get premium product for a premium price, I see not reason to buy them anymore. I can just get several another brand products instead for a price of a one.

11. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

Not Apple’s fault, but the user?!? :rolleyes: This makes some of us “entitled” and “stupid” because we want durable, reliable tech for the money they’re asking?

Not.

12. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

What a strange take. There is nothing wrong with wanting a product visibly free from defects out of the box, especially with the premium price Apple is charging for it. Would you buy a shirt if one sleeve was visibly longer than the other?

13. GerAlex73 macrumors member

The prices of Apple are premium then Apple must also deliver premium.

14. Martius macrumors regular

Martius

I think it is necessary to have high standarts, because it creates a balance between company and their customers. Look at Apple. They had high standarts and people got use to it. So people started buying Apple products without thinking about the quality and the quality slowly dropped into an average tech company quality (or sometimes even lower), but the prices went nuts. So to get back to the balanced relationship we have to be very critical and demand the best possible quality. Or we end up with bad products which might turn out into slow death of Apple company (that we love).

15. chrfr macrumors 604

Surely then, you'd be perfectly happy to take delivery of a new car with a dent in the fender. The notion that anyone should accept an obvious defect for any brand new product is absurd.

16. sparksd macrumors 68000

If it cost $200 then maybe I'd agree but these new iPads are expensive and high quality is a reasonable expectation, not an entitlement.

17. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

It does have rounded corners, how about that for a premium device!

Seriously though, the tolerance on this machine higher than on the previous ones, which means that there are a few iPads on this planet that are even more bent than the new model, but people don’t notice it because they weren’t informed about it on the (tech) news.

18. sneak3 macrumors 6502a

Guys this is insane. How can this be happening really? HUNDREDS of people in apple forums, macrumors and reddit are reporting the same thing and apple keeps denying?

SERIOUSLY wth is going on? Im disgusted. This is class action material.

19. Pelea macrumors 6502

Apple has already confirmed that’s it’s not a defect

20. Never mind macrumors regular

Never mind

Until the day you wish to sell it and some individual or re-sell site like Gazelle, or Best Buy or even itsWorthMore.com tells you it has a bend and not worth as much. ;) Those without a bend will be worth a bit more.

21. sparksd macrumors 68000

No, Apple defined a maximum tolerance level and clearly many devices have exceeded that. That is indeed a defect.

22. GerAlex73 macrumors member

I would not accept a bent IPad, I have the wi-fi model, not only because it is cheaper, but because the chance is higher that it does not come already bent. If I had to rely on the LTE model for some reason, I probably would not buy an iPad this year.
    I am not satisfied with the quality of the iPad Pros this year, but will give the 12.9 inch wi-fi model what I am currently using a chance.

23. ericwn macrumors 68000

People feel entitled to comment on product quality for things they appreciate and / or buy.

If the customer isn’t happy with your product, that better be addressed. We have seen multiple devices showed here clearly bent out of the box and that clearly is a reason for many to return them.

I feel this has been discussed over and over again. Where is the sticky thread to collect all the bending discussions?