iPad mini iPad rMini is amazing!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appl3FTW, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I know I want a touchID but the retina mini is fantastic and a welcomed much needed change. Had white mini and got space gray retina mini. I gotta say, having a mini with the specs of the air is amazing. It's my lil power rocket. This will def hold me off for next year. Everyone should get one jus saying. :cool: :D

Attached Files:

2. NeoiPad macrumors member

3. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Haha I tried :D

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Thank you for posting. Seriously. There is to much negativity going around between the gamut and the tint and the wash and the this and the that. It's nice to hear from a happy customer.

Congrats.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

It's simple... You will not replicate what you had before. Having 2 exact tint from the factory line is virtually impossible. There's so much more to life than worrying about the tint of my mini. I say just enjoy its greatness! Lol. This goes from a guy who's a perfectionist when it comes to his i-devices

Tint- not bad
    Color gamut- perfect

Ipad rMini- fantastic

7. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I have a white 1st gen mini and just picked up the space gray retina mini, LOVE it!

8. iPad Air macrumors regular

I had a great time using it in the Apple Store.

9. syd430, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013

syd430 Guest

I'm no expert but the Air looks like it has about 500 gamuts whereas the rMini seems to have only about 250 gamuts. Much lower gamuts per metre. I'd say people have the right to complain when it's missing so many gamuts.

10. zbarvian macrumors 68010

I say we get a review thread going, it'd be nice to hear some feedback, positive or negative, so long as it's honest.

11. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

lol at gamuts like is the end of the world

12. randy10786 macrumors newbie

Got mine at best buy this morning, just getting home from work and playing on it, it's amazing coming from an ipad 2!

13. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I bought the Air and returned it because it was till too big. Bought the retina mini today. I love it. Only wish they had the cellular versions in stock but I'm contemplating just keeping the wifi. My iPhone 5s is always on me anyway.

14. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

15. kalt macrumors regular

I've always had the full sized ipad and today i got my first Mini. The retina screen is amazing, the size is perfect... always felt the ipad was just a wee bit too big. Love how light it is, and the WiFi really is 2x as fast! At least for downloads... uploads are about the same.

I would like the fingerprint scanner but unlike my iphone i never use my ipads anywhere except at home, on my couch. So security isn't as important.

16. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Just got my wife one and she loves it. I think it's a great and about time them put some power in it. I always felt the 1st mini was so underpowered and outdated the day it came out.

17. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

18. randy10786 macrumors newbie

This. I'm debating just keeping the wifi only version myself. GPS chip is nice but not sure if it's a necessity.

19. shadowjeff macrumors regular

The screen is absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly the stereo speakers sound better than the original ipad mini.

Only thing I'm debating about now is whether is it worth it to fork out $220 for this screen upgrade. I don't really benefit much from the more powerful CPU with my everyday task. And the heat and additional weight is kinda putting me off a bit.

20. JGWolven macrumors regular

21. urkel macrumors 68030

I understand the excitement over a new product (iPhone, iPad, first car, HDTV) because they really do alter your life. But I've never understood when people get that excited when a product gets a spec bump but doesn't actually offer something "new".

I know this sounds cynical but I currently own both the Air and rMini so I'm not slamming anything or anyone. I'm just curious what exactly can you do on a Retina iPad Mini that is so "amazing" that you couldn't do on the previous one? Despite the 2gen old processor and non-retina screen, the original iPad Mini was a very capable machine that deserved an upgrade but didn't necessarily "require" one.

22. kwokaaron macrumors 6502a

kwokaaron

Wanted to get the 1st gen iPad mini but i knew they were gonna release the retina one next so I waited, and they did. I like the fact that they didn't put touch id into the iPad mini though, weird as it may sound, cause it would have looked weird with my iPhone 5 (which doesn't have it as well).

23. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I still have the original. I need to sell it to get return. But yes I have no problems overheating

24. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Some folks don't have the first Mini! :D

25. syd430 Guest

What exactly can an iPad Air do that an iPad 1 can't? They both have screens, touch input and a CPU. I've never understood why people upgrade from a perfectly working iPad 1 to an iPad Air. I mean they're both tablets so going to an iPad Air isn't going to change your life. People should only be allowed to buy things that completely change their lives! I wish I could force people in to buying only what I personally value!