• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I know I want a touchID but the retina mini is fantastic and a welcomed much needed change. Had white mini and got space gray retina mini. I gotta say, having a mini with the specs of the air is amazing. It's my lil power rocket. This will def hold me off for next year. Everyone should get one jus saying. :cool: :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    855.3 KB · Views: 360

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Thank you for posting. Seriously. There is to much negativity going around between the gamut and the tint and the wash and the this and the that. It's nice to hear from a happy customer.

Congrats.

Comment

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Thank you for posting. Seriously. There is to much negativity going around between the gamut and the tint and the wash and the this and the that. It's nice to hear from a happy customer.

Congrats.

It's simple... You will not replicate what you had before. Having 2 exact tint from the factory line is virtually impossible. There's so much more to life than worrying about the tint of my mini. I say just enjoy its greatness! Lol. This goes from a guy who's a perfectionist when it comes to his i-devices

Tint- not bad
Color gamut- perfect

Ipad rMini- fantastic

Comment

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
I have a white 1st gen mini and just picked up the space gray retina mini, LOVE it!

Comment
S

syd430

Congrats.

I'm no expert but the Air looks like it has about 500 gamuts whereas the rMini seems to have only about 250 gamuts. Much lower gamuts per metre. I'd say people have the right to complain when it's missing so many gamuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I say we get a review thread going, it'd be nice to hear some feedback, positive or negative, so long as it's honest.

Comment

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
I'm no expert but the Air looks like it has about 500 gamuts whereas the rMini seems to have only about 250 gamuts. Much lower gamuts per metre. I'd say people have the right to complain when it's missing so many gamuts.
lol at gamuts like is the end of the world

Comment

drew0020

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2006
I bought the Air and returned it because it was till too big. Bought the retina mini today. I love it. Only wish they had the cellular versions in stock but I'm contemplating just keeping the wifi. My iPhone 5s is always on me anyway.

Comment

kalt

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I've always had the full sized ipad and today i got my first Mini. The retina screen is amazing, the size is perfect... always felt the ipad was just a wee bit too big. Love how light it is, and the WiFi really is 2x as fast! At least for downloads... uploads are about the same.

I would like the fingerprint scanner but unlike my iphone i never use my ipads anywhere except at home, on my couch. So security isn't as important.

Comment

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Just got my wife one and she loves it. I think it's a great and about time them put some power in it. I always felt the 1st mini was so underpowered and outdated the day it came out.

Comment

randy10786

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2013
I bought the Air and returned it because it was till too big. Bought the retina mini today. I love it. Only wish they had the cellular versions in stock but I'm contemplating just keeping the wifi. My iPhone 5s is always on me anyway.

This. I'm debating just keeping the wifi only version myself. GPS chip is nice but not sure if it's a necessity.

Comment

shadowjeff

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
The screen is absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly the stereo speakers sound better than the original ipad mini.

Only thing I'm debating about now is whether is it worth it to fork out $220 for this screen upgrade. I don't really benefit much from the more powerful CPU with my everyday task. And the heat and additional weight is kinda putting me off a bit.

Comment

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
The screen is absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly the stereo speakers sound better than the original ipad mini.

Only thing I'm debating about now is whether is it worth it to fork out $220 for this screen upgrade. I don't really benefit much from the more powerful CPU with my everyday task.
I understand the excitement over a new product (iPhone, iPad, first car, HDTV) because they really do alter your life. But I've never understood when people get that excited when a product gets a spec bump but doesn't actually offer something "new".

I know this sounds cynical but I currently own both the Air and rMini so I'm not slamming anything or anyone. I'm just curious what exactly can you do on a Retina iPad Mini that is so "amazing" that you couldn't do on the previous one? Despite the 2gen old processor and non-retina screen, the original iPad Mini was a very capable machine that deserved an upgrade but didn't necessarily "require" one.

Comment

kwokaaron

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
London, UK
Wanted to get the 1st gen iPad mini but i knew they were gonna release the retina one next so I waited, and they did. I like the fact that they didn't put touch id into the iPad mini though, weird as it may sound, cause it would have looked weird with my iPhone 5 (which doesn't have it as well).

Comment

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I still have the original. I need to sell it to get return. But yes I have no problems overheating

Comment

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I understand the excitement over a new product (iPhone, iPad, first car, HDTV) because they really do alter your life. But I've never understood when people get that excited when a product gets a spec bump but doesn't actually offer something "new".

I know this sounds cynical but I currently own both the Air and rMini so I'm not slamming anything or anyone. I'm just curious what exactly can you do on a Retina iPad Mini that is so "amazing" that you couldn't do on the previous one? Despite the 2gen old processor and non-retina screen, the original iPad Mini was a very capable machine that deserved an upgrade but didn't necessarily "require" one.

Some folks don't have the first Mini! :D

Comment
S

syd430

What exactly can an iPad Air do that an iPad 1 can't? They both have screens, touch input and a CPU. I've never understood why people upgrade from a perfectly working iPad 1 to an iPad Air. I mean they're both tablets so going to an iPad Air isn't going to change your life. People should only be allowed to buy things that completely change their lives! I wish I could force people in to buying only what I personally value!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.