Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

105425-ipad_24_hours.jpg

Continuing the trend of decreasing shipping window estimates, all six models of Apple's iPad are now listed as shipping within 24 hours of ordering. The change, which appears to be taking effect in all of Apple's country-specific online stores, appears to be a milestone in Apple's efforts to ramp production to meet demand for the popular tablet device.

In less than two weeks, iPad shipping estimates have moved from 7-10 business days down to 3-5 business days and now down to the minimum possible turnaround time. Apple shipped 3.27 million iPads last quarter, nearly matching the company's total Mac unit sales of 3.47 million.

Article Link: iPad Shipping Estimates Improve to 'Within 24 Hours'

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
Only took a few months for demand to die down enough. I wonder how many people that already have a Mac bought an iPad as well? Maybe that's why the numbers are so closely linked?

reded55

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
At least we should be getting an update on how many sold on Sept 1st....if it is staying at around a million per month that's impressive.

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
And that's how you finish a long weekend without any news, right before a big product launch - make the un-newsworthy newsworthy. :)

Anyway, I still don't want an iPad and I don't like it in its current form, but I accept that at least over 3 million people disagrees or at one point disagreed with me.

apttap

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
I wonder if demand is slowing quicker than Apple anticipated.

Doubt it. They sold way more then they ever anticipated.

Plus, it's gonna be good to have a surplus going into the holidays.

Even so, they could slow down production, sell off remaining stock and ramp up production of iPad 2 in January for an April release.

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
And that's how you finish a long weekend without any news, right before a big product launch - make the un-newsworthy newsworthy. :)

Anyway, I still don't want an iPad and I don't like it in its current form, but I accept that at least over 3 million people disagrees or at one point disagreed with me.

You are assuming the media event is a big product launch. They could be getting a bunch of people together to play guitar and celebrate the new shipping dates for the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.