Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Techzamazing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
Hi,
I was using iPad OS 17 Beta from day 1. Few hours before ipad OS 17 official release, HDMI from USB port not working. I thought it was some kind of bug. But when I connected external drive, it also not working. HDMI and external drive also work with other devices. I thought USB C port from my iPAD damaged. But charging through USB C port working properly. I tried to restart the device and reset the settings. But no use. Any one have same issue?

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Everything works fine on my USB C port, SSDs and HDMI out (and also HDMI in via capture card now with iPadOS 17)

MiamiBeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
Did you update your iPad to the official release or are you still on the beta version?

No problems here with the USB C port on my iPad Pro 11 running iPadOS 17.

Techzamazing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2023
Did you update your iPad to the official release or are you still on the beta version?

No problems here with the USB C port on my iPad Pro 11 running iPadOS 17.
I was using BETA version and no issue few hours before official release. Current beta and official version are same. I am waiting for iOS 17.1 beta. If not working, I think it's hardware defect. My iPad still under warranty.

MiamiBeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
I was using BETA version and no issue few hours before official release. Current beta and official version are same. I am waiting for iOS 17.1 beta. If not working, I think it's hardware defect. My iPad still under warranty.

If you are still under warranty take it to an Apple Store and they will run their diagnostics on it. Just make sure you have a backup before you go in case they have to swap it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.