iPad2 at MacMall

Discussion in 'iPad' started by autumn, Mar 10, 2011.

1. autumn macrumors member

Just talked to them. They will start pre-order later this afternoon.(10th) Will have them in stock tomorrow like Apple Store. People pre-order them today can expect to receive shipment by end of Monday.(14th)

Figure to pass this along. Depends where you are: no sales tax.

2. toshibauser macrumors member

I just talked to them. They will charge sales tax shipping to New York. It will take longer get your iPad if you live on the east coast. So, I will go to apple store tomorrow. I guess there is no way to avoid paying sales tax here in New York. :(

3. Steelers7510, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Where did you guys hear that MacMall is going to be taking pre-orders this afternoon? I did't see anything on their site saying they would be taking pre-orders today. :confused:

4. r2b2007 macrumors regular

Twice on Apple products (new) I have been told/promised ship dates that did not happen... On in stock items they have been excellent and new I would look someplace else.

5. TyG8 macrumors regular

6. autumn thread starter macrumors member

It's not on their website. I talked to their CS. You have to phone in to order this afternoon. Shipping to TX is tax free and receive by Monday.

I haven't bought anything from them before. YMMV.

7. cheff114 macrumors newbie

8. bbedwards macrumors newbie

I just did a live chat, and asked about ordering time. Rep asked if she could call me and did. I am now on a 'pre-order' list, they took CC info and created a transaction so they can just roll it when corporate gives them the green light to start selling. Better get on it peeps!

1 slight bummer-$11 shipping charge. No free shipping on any iPad 2 orders I was told. $610 still beats the $641 I'd pay in store.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, I have the same lousy experience w/ preorders. They'll tell you anything to make a sale.

10. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

You're buying a $600 device and you're really worried about an extra $31 in sales tax?

11. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Money's money.

12. bbedwards macrumors newbie

Yes, actually. As stated above, it's money. Unless you want to just give me the $31, moneybags. For myself (and many others, I'm sure) this is a major purchase. That $31 I save will go towards a case/cover.

13. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Awesome that you love to throw money away if you could save it. Can I have some while you are at it?

14. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

It's sales tax. You're going to have to pay it your whole life. Get used to it.

15. celo48 macrumors 6502a

Savings is savings. He can enjoy a good lunch for two with that :)

16. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

17. bass93 macrumors regular

I have bought both my MacBook Pro and iPod Touch from them. The MacBook Pro I got when it was first out (like a month after release) and they had it marked $100 off. Came in reasonable time too. But then I bought the iPod Touch at release, and it didn't even ship til a month LATER!! I was really upset. So I called their customer service and got $50 credit. They gave me the option to cancel my order, but I'm a patient guy. So I bought stuff with that. That stuff came before the iPod, but at least they compensated my wait. I wouldn't buy from them if you want something right after release. But they have GREAT customer service!

I on the other hand, won't be getting an iPad 2. I have never had an iPad yet, and would like to get the 1st gen.

18. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I just did a chat with someone there and they told me pre-orders will start tomorrow morning (have to call) and they'll receive their intial stock on Saturday.

19. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

I would not trust macmall they are a bunch of sneaks that will say anything to make a sale believe me.

20. MacOverlord macrumors newbie

I certainly doubt that, I've been buying from them for a long time now and they are really a great place to buy Apple Products! :cool:

21. Justin Luck macrumors regular

22. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Hearing mixed info on availability of iPad 2 from MacMall so I started a "live" chat.
    I asked when should I expect delivery if I placed an order on March 11th to the southeast coast?

The answer:

rcamino@macmall.com: [5:35:51 PM] if you purchase an ipad tomorrow then you might get it on monday

[5:36:27 PM] the problem is that all ipad items will be in stock 2 days from now

I guess they are not getting stock until Saturday or just have to wait until 5PM like everyone else and can't ship out until Sat or Mon?

Glad that's all cleared up! :confused:

I think MacMall might be the best option for purchase as there is no tax (for my state anyway) and free OVERNIGHT shipping but you may have to wait until the middle of next week.

23. webvan macrumors member

MacMall charge tax on orders to California ? Crap, might as well get it from Apple then...the $50 tax on the 16Gb model is a bummer though.

Is there any way to get an iPad 2 shipped to California tax free?

24. eff pc macrumors regular

Been on hold with Mac Mall for 45 minutes now...what gives it's 4 in the morning and everyone instantly went to Apple to order (from what I'm seeing on MR)

25. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

im telling you this company does not receive products this quick after release its usually a week or more until they receive it.