Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's new iPhone 11 Pro Max has earned display testing and calibration firm DisplayMate's "highest ever A+ grade" for providing "considerably better display performance than other competing smartphones."

iphone-11-pro-display.jpg

DisplayMate tested the iPhone 11 Pro Max's display and found "major" performance improvements compared to the iPhone XS Max's display, including increased peak brightness, improved absolute color accuracy, and slightly lower screen reflectance, all while being up to 15 percent more power efficient.

DisplayMate:
The iPhone 11 Pro Max is a Very Impressive Top Tier Smartphone Display

Apple has continued to raise the on-screen Absolute Picture Quality and Absolute Color Accuracy of their displays by implementing Precision Factory Display Calibration, moving the overall iPhone 11 Pro Max display performance up to Record Setting Outstanding levels, and setting or matching many Display Performance Records, including Absolute Color Accuracy at a very impressive 0.9 JNCD that is Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect, and almost certainly considerably better than your existing Smartphone, 4K UHD TV, Tablet, Laptop and computer monitor.

The iPhone 11 Pro Max also has a Record Full Screen Peak Brightness of 770 nits, and 820 nits for the typical Average Picture Level of 50%, which is roughly double of most high-end Smartphones. Compared to the iPhone XS Max, the iPhone 11 Pro Max has a number of notable improvements including 17% higher Full Screen Peak Brightness and up to 15% higher Display Power Efficiency.
Read the full DisplayMate article for in-depth analysis of the iPhone 11 Pro Max's display and the methodology behind its testing.

Article Link: iPhone 11 Pro Max Outperforms Competing Smartphones to Earn DisplayMate's Highest Ever A+ Grade

cjrulli

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
How does the iPhone 11 Pro's screen compare to something like the new Galaxy Note? I went into a Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by how much better the Galaxy Note's screen looked compared to my XR.

Comment

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
So predictable.

“The new iPhone has the best camera, cpu, gpu, display, <insert component name> that we have ever measured”.

Rinse repeat.
It needs to be repeated because many people around here claim the iPhone is "behind the times" and particularly behind in hardware.

Reality is the iPhone (particularly the Pro) has a world class screen, among the best cameras, best video, best silicon, and best GPU.

The software is also miles ahead in security, support, and privacy with an ecosystem unmatched by any competitor.

The iPhone is the clear leader for these reasons.

Comment

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
For all the complaints on here, it would seem the 11 Pro has impressed just about all the experts in all areas...I gotta say I picked mine up Saturday, and I am quite impressed with everything, even coming from a XS...The display was no different on that front, quite impressive

Comment

gigapocket1

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2009
How does the iPhone 11 Pro's screen compare to something like the new Galaxy Note? I went into a Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by how much better the Galaxy Note's screen looked compared to my XR.

The Xr and then note 10 are two completely different phones. The note 10 competed against the Xs/Xs max and now 11 pros..
the xr has a LCD display with lower resolutions and is an inferior display in general.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.