Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

So which iPhone did you buy?

• iPhone 11 Product Red

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • iPhone 11 Purple

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Yellow

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • iPhone 11 Green

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • iPhone 11 Black

Votes: 28 2.2%
  • iPhone 11 White

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Midnight Green

Votes: 161 12.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Space Grey

Votes: 144 11.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Silver

Votes: 39 3.1%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Gold

Votes: 22 1.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green

Votes: 375 29.5%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Space Grey

Votes: 244 19.2%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Silver

Votes: 81 6.4%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max Gold

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • I didn't partake in the festivities of buying a new iPhone

Votes: 37 2.9%
  • I'm Tim Cook

Votes: 36 2.8%

• Total voters

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I just hope the Apple stores on launch day are better with WiFi than they were last year. I was on a trip and got my XS at the Chicago store. The WiFi was so horrible (even though it didn’t look like there were that many people setting up new devices). I wish they’d let you restore from cellular If WiFi is bad/slow.
Which Chicago store?

I bought my first MacBook at the North & Clybourn one. I've been in the one outside Tribune tower once but I only go back to Chicago about once a year
[doublepost=1568304543][/doublepost]
I'm a little nervous about my order going through because I had the issue others are having where Applecare gets dropped from the iPhone in IUP. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for sharing! Even though they're $$ compared to other cases I really like the Apple silicone ones.
Honestly, for me it's about getting the phone ordered. I can call Apple and get Apple Care worked out afterwards.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm gonna skip pre-ordering my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB tomorrow; I don't believe that I'd have a hard time finding it - we have a number of Apple Stores in the Philadelphia area.

I just don't think it will be much of a sell-out past the initial weekend (if at all) that i can't just walk into an Apple Store (or Best Buy) and buy one.

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Honestly, for me it's about getting the phone ordered. I can call Apple and get Apple Care worked out afterwards.

The problem was if Applecare is missing from the phone then you couldn't do the pre-approval for a trade-in because the system didn't think your current phone was in the IUP program (I guess because Applecare is included with all phones in the IUP).

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm just gonna skip pre-ordering my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB tomorrow; I don't believe that I'd have a hard time finding it - we have a number of Apple Stores in the Philadelphia area, and I just don't think it will be much of a sell-out past the initial weekend.
Yeah, I have one right down the street. It's at 7AM for me so I'll be on iOS getting the order in.

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Are those the apple cases I am assuming? I got my items from Amazon, wanted a belt (leather) holster like I have for my Xs but needed a Max size for my 11 Pro Max I have preapproved. I like clear cases so I can see the beauty of the iPhone back and found one there. I got the Spigen Liquid Crystal Case, but was interested also in the clear case from Apple for $39 curious about both.

yes those are the cases i ordered from Apple. i also ordered the clear case and so far it has shipped but not delivered yet.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
I don't care what time it is as long as I can get one. I'm hoping my choice (256 GB, silver, non-Max) is one of the less popular ones
I have been going space gray for last 3 upgrades never seems to be a problem. The new ones (like the green one for example) seem to be the ones generally with limited stock initially. Will be interesting however.
[doublepost=1568305517][/doublepost]
yes those are the cases i ordered from Apple. i also ordered the clear case and so far it has shipped but not delivered yet.
Cool thanks. Sometime I get a case just to have one and later upgrade to a better or case I just like better when I find it. I wanted to have something but I might get an apple case as well it looks interesting to me

Reactions: chasers

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I'm a little nervous about my order going through because I had the issue others are having where Applecare gets dropped from the iPhone in IUP. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for sharing! Even though they're $$ compared to other cases I really like the Apple silicone ones.

never knew that certain ones are losing AppleCare under the IUP program. i just checked under my settings and it stated mine isn’t expiring until 9/2020. that’s so odd.

you’re welcome! figured some was curious as to how it looked in the hands rather on a website. i don’t buy many cases because i do upgrade every year and since Apple changed the design this year, i’m skeptical if they’ll keep this Pro Max next year.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
never knew that certain ones are losing AppleCare under the IUP program. i just checked under my settings and it stated mine isn’t expiring until 9/2020. that’s so odd.

I was lucky and saw a post from someone on here that had the problem. Otherwise I never would have noticed until I tried to do the pre-approval. I have an XS from last year and sure enough it under settings it said that my Applecare+ was about to expire. I had to get an agent high up in the Agreements dept to handle it.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I was distracted when I typed this. I'm just not sure what's going to happen. On one hand, I think iPhone demand is way down. On the other hand, it's a much more accessible launch time.

I think everyone who gets on their phone at exactly 5AM PST should probably be fine, particularly if they're not looking for the green Max, but you know, change is weird.
Yea I hope the produce enough green unlike when rose gold first showed up.

Hoping that with the camera also being unique, all the vain people won't flock to green to show off they have the new iPhone.

lisa4labz

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Those that have the Xs max and who are upgrading to the pro, can you tell me why? (Genuine question).

For the first time since 2008, this will be the first iPhone I skip.
I'm trying to justify it myself. I feel like if I get the regular 11 I'm not gaining anything but the Pro is so much more expensive then what I'd get for my Xs Max.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Do you have to take a 2-year contract for the payment program or can you do a one year and just pay more?

I don't think you can do a one year term. When you sign up it's for 24 payments. If you make the 24 payments you own the phone. If you make 12 payments you can upgrade for no extra cost (except for the first month). Another option is after 6 payments you can pay off the other 6 payments early to be able to upgrade.

SeeTheLights

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
So looking to preorder with Verizon like I did last year, but am I able to do that through Apple store app?

I have one more payment on my XS Max, but do I have to do it through Verizon app, or can I do that right through Apple app?

8E031860-421A-434E-A3AF-0DB9BDE23D64.jpeg
8E031860-421A-434E-A3AF-0DB9BDE23D64.jpeg

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
This is the first time since the 6/Plus that I’m evenly split on which iPhone to get... I can’t decide.

On one hand, I think I should get the Pro Max. I really don’t want to give up my OLED and telephoto lens. Plus that huge battery.

But on the other hand, the regular 11 also has the main features I care about, which is the performance boost, ultra wide camera, and night mode.

If I go with the Max, I’d need 256gb as well. Are those things really worth the $550 extra over the 11?

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
So looking to preorder with Verizon like I did last year, but am I able to do that through Apple store app?

I have one more payment on my XS Max, but do I have to do it through Verizon app, or can I do that right through Apple app?

View attachment 857688 View attachment 857688

You can get a Verizon iPhone financed through Apple. Just buy an unlocked model and you should be fine

Spizike

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
I know my pre order will be fine but I wouldn’t be able to sleep unless I woke up and placed and saw the delivery date as 9/20. I’m just like that.

Excited for tomorrow cause that’s when the excitement begins.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
I have gone through upgrading through Verizons monthly payment plans just because easy to get through Verizon. Any pros/cons as to why I should switch to iUP? I mean...doing another credit check as well sounds annoying? Verizon offers the same exchanging of device within a year as well.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I have gone through upgrading through Verizons monthly payment plans just because easy to get through Verizon. Any pros/cons as to why I should switch to iUP? I mean...doing another credit check as well sounds annoying? Verizon offers the same exchanging of device within a year as well.
If you're already in the Verizon train, I would probably stay there. I just like buying my device completely free of carrier influence. Having an unlocked device with no carrier holding a lien is a good feeling for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.