Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackMamba14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Have seen a couple reports of people having to push the phone back in at the corners due to the iPhone 12 Apple leather case popping off. Is this a widespread/design issue? What has been your experience with the leather case? For those that have had the issue did a replacement make a difference?

Last edited:
Reactions: Statusnone88

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I can't say I have noticed it on mine.

One of the top corners is definitely on tighter than the other three. I can force-ably push each corner off but I wouldn't say they're loose. It has also been fine taking it in and out of my pockets.

For the hell of it, I have just ordered another Baltic Blue for tomorrow to see if the corners fit any differently. Obviously one will be returned.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
One of my cases is pretty tight and the other has one corner (top left) that doesn't snap into place and comes out quite a bit. That one is going back.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
The fit is perfect, but I’ve seen this as well on the leather and also the silicon. Usually when removing from a pocket, but it does not happen every time.

Reactions: The1andOnly

Sugadaddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Got mine a few hours ago, and it pops off easily in the bottom corner. Just sitting down with the phone in my pocket will do it.

There’s basically no lip around the front of the phone.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Got mine a few hours ago, and it pops off easily in the bottom corner. Just sitting down with the phone in my pocket will do it.

There’s basically no lip around the front of the phone.

I think that is exactly it. Looking at the case on my 11 PM I can see the lip ever so slightly wrapping around the edge. I am wondering if they assumed the magnets in the case would help secure it better to the phone to compensate for the tighter fit?

GDuke12

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020
I’ve really struggled this year to find a case I love, so tried the Baltic Blue leather, having had issues with the silicone case popping off at the corners.

Whilst not as bad, it still happens. Something as simple as bending to tie a shoelace will make a corner pop off. Only minimal, but I wouldn’t expect that from a £59 case made by the manufacturer.
I wanted to assume it was a fault with my silicone one, but as said above, it appears to be the way they are made. There is no lip that wraps above the surface, it just sits around the phone. So the right, slight tug will pull it down.
I will return today, and I’m back to the drawing board.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I’ve really struggled this year to find a case I love, so tried the Baltic Blue leather, having had issues with the silicone case popping off at the corners.

Whilst not as bad, it still happens. Something as simple as bending to tie a shoelace will make a corner pop off. Only minimal, but I wouldn’t expect that from a £59 case made by the manufacturer.
I wanted to assume it was a fault with my silicone one, but as said above, it appears to be the way they are made. There is no lip that wraps above the surface, it just sits around the phone. So the right, slight tug will pull it down.
I will return today, and I’m back to the drawing board.
Caudabe Sheath, thank me later ?

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
I received my leather case and it was doing the same, so I have started a return.

I noticed that it seems like on my case they weren’t able to create the ‘lip’ on the leather all the way around the inside, which is how it grips onto the phone. My silicone case doesn‘t have that issue so I’ll stick with that for a while until the QC issues pass and then maybe order another leather case.

Robbosan

Suspended
Aug 21, 2020
I had a Sheath for my Xs and 11 Pro and loved it! But this year they had fit issues, mine arrived here in the UK and was slightly warped. Awaiting a replacement but they aren’t available yet ?
bummer, I got mine here in Australia last Friday, it’s good.

Luke2kk

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2020
Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg
I received my leather case and it was doing the same, so I have started a return.

I noticed that it seems like on my case they weren’t able to create the ‘lip’ on the leather all the way around the inside, which is how it grips onto the phone. My silicone case doesn‘t have that issue so I’ll stick with that for a while until the QC issues pass and then maybe order another leather case.
So your silicone case never had that issue?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I can't say I have noticed it on mine.

One of the top corners is definitely on tighter than the other three. I can force-ably push each corner off but I wouldn't say they're loose. It has also been fine taking it in and out of my pockets.

For the hell of it, I have just ordered another Baltic Blue for tomorrow to see if the corners fit any differently. Obviously one will be returned.
I have received my second BB case.

Pretty much the same to be honest, maybe a little tighter if I'm being anal?

I'm going to run with it as it's not caused an issue so far

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
I don’t have any problems with my silicone case. I was considering getting a leather case which I usually always get for my iPhones. I don’t think so this time because you can see the aluminum edge of the phone. It’s not curved so it won’t look as nice. I remember when I had the first SE, which was the 5 design, you could also see the metal edge with the leather case. Just doesn’t look as nice. Same thing with silicone case.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I had a Sheath for my Xs and 11 Pro and loved it! But this year they had fit issues, mine arrived here in the UK and was slightly warped. Awaiting a replacement but they aren’t available yet

It seems only certain colors had this issue. My Navy Sheath didn’t fit correctly. I’m also waiting for a replacement. I ended up getting a Veil and Apple Leather case. I’ll see how the replacement fits and then decide on two of them to keep.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I have received my second BB case.

Pretty much the same to be honest, maybe a little tighter if I'm being anal?

I'm going to run with it as it's not caused an issue so far
After a few hours use of the new one, I would say that it is definitely tighter than the older one; not as tight as the XS Max ones though.

If you have the issue, definitely look to reorder and return or exchange.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Okay. So a bit later on in the day and the corners have popped off a couple of times.

I have now ordered two more BB cases off Amazon as I don’t want to give up on this case easily. If they come through and do the same, I think I may have to look to come away from the Apple Leather case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.