Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
struggling to find girly cases for my wife, usually she wants pink, maybe some flowers or something :p
Maybe the anchor series?

The U series cases are new this year. They wanted to make more feminine cases since most cases were pretty rugged.

Reactions: gotluck

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
I have had Pikata case before. Very nice if you want minimal case. I was caseless before it and caseless again but it was great when I had a case.

Last edited:

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Same. I'm going to do the same again. I like not having the bulk of a case. Even the super thin ones feel bulky to me now.
The problem so far has been that the 6/7/8/X/XS/11 phones are too slippery. The 2016 SE was the last phone I could grip securely. Will have to see what the 12 mini feels like. Ideally I would like to keep the phone without a case.

Last edited:
Reactions: V.K. and philrock

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I ordered the Caudabe Synthesis - a bit more protection than the Sheath (which is also a great case). I like the way the front and back are slightly raised when you lay the phone flat on a table.

I also ordered their screen protector two-pack. More expensive than others I’ve used, but I didn’t feel like scrolling through endless choices from random sellers on Amazon.
Their screen protectors have been among the best I’ve ever used. I got them for my 11 Pro and for the XR’s the kids are using. If they’ve kept up the same level of quality I think you will be pleased with them.

Reactions: Roller

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Not a big fan of the MagSafe magnets on the Apple MagSafe Clear, but if anyone is interested in a hands-on view, this is worth checking out.

Against my better judgement, I ordered one of those. It looks like flimsy crap in that video. I hope I’ll like it better in person. Oh well, whatever. I can always return it and get my usual Caudabe Lucid Clear if I don’t like it.

I ordered a silicone one, too and I am pretty sure I’ll like that well enough.

I’ll be honest. I just want to hear the magnets make that satisfying snap sound when they lock together.😆

philrock

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2015
Ventura, CA
The problem so far has been that the 6/7/8/X/XS/11 phones are too slippery. The 2016 SE was the last phone I could grip securely. Will have to see what the 12 mini feels like. Ideally I would like to keep the phone without a case.
I agree. For the past several days my Xs has been commando and it slips on everything. If I set it down on anything other than a flat table it will slide. I like the look but too slick.

phalseHUD

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Digital Sprawl
I agree. For the past several days my Xs has been commando and it slips on everything. If I set it down on anything other than a flat table it will slide. I like the look but too slick.

That’s exactly why I’ve been a fan of the loopy.com cases/pop sockets. Whilst kids these days use two thumbs to operate their mobiles, I’m old school and use just the one. With the loop or socket, I can use just one hand.

Reactions: Sammypurple

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
thank you! some are perking interest for sure
You’re welcome, but all credit goes to @QueenTyrone for knowing where to find beautiful cases.

I have dreadful taste and ordered the weird looking clear MagSafe case with the crazy looking magnet circle. I would blame it on adrenaline and being coffee crazed during preorder morning. 😅. But honestly I’m just quirky and wanted to hear the magnets click together.

Reactions: gotluck

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
thank you! some are perking interest for sure
Another site I buy from is sonix, their cases are top notch but kind of heavy. I wouldn’t suggest any Kate spade

You’re welcome, but all credit goes to @QueenTyrone for knowing where to find beautiful cases.

I have dreadful taste and ordered the weird looking clear MagSafe case with the crazy looking magnet circle. I would blame it on adrenaline and being coffee crazed during preorder morning. . But honestly I’m just quirky and wanted to hear the magnets click together.

Nooooo, you give me too much credit I just have a really bad phone case addiction.

• Haha
Reactions: gotluck and 5105973

simon3163

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
There probably won’t be a battery case but instead a battery MagSafe. So you get a MagSafe case, stick a MagSafe battery to that case. Or remove it when you don’t need it. At least that would make more sense then a dedicated battery case imo
This would be amazing. Back up battery ready to use. Although its likely to be £150.. !

simon3163

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
I love how much energy Apple spends into designing these phones and then people are just gonna stick them into some ugly cases ?
This... This!
Also, lets not go for 15% slimmer or 20% lighter for the iphone 13. Lets go 20% thicker and heavier and add a battery that lasts 72hrs instead. We don't need thin. We need a decent battery!

dj322

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
Looking for some advice. I currently have the transparent Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my current phone. I like it as it has feet in the corners at the back which ensures the camera lens does not touch the surface of the table when I put the phone down. The back is hard and the bumpers are soft TPU, but they have yellowed after a year. The case does add a little bit of thickness to the phone, otherwise perfect case. I have noticed the back of the phone has a scratch on it, think this might be due to the hard back and something trapped in between.

I ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid, Liquid Air and Ultra Hybrid with liquid air like bumpers for my iPhone 12, here's my observations:

Liquid Air - soft case, feels slippery and not sure it will give adequate protection in drops. No feet on back

Ultra hybrid with soft bumpers - the bumpers are the same as the liquid air (soft and flexible), has the feet on the back, but it has the hard back that worries me as I think it might scratch the back up, unless I put a film on the back of the phone but this sounds ridiculous as I type

Neo hybrid - This is a combination of the liquid air but it has plastic trim around the bumpers which is removable (not sure why it's removable). I like the look, feel and softness of the case, it has a raised lip around the camera lens but no feet on the back. Worried it might scratch the lens if I put the phone down on the back as I'm not sure the lip is thick enough

Does anyone have experience with the Neo Hybrid or Ultra Hybrid with soft bumpers? I am favouring these two as I like the look and feel, just worried about lack of feet on the neo and the back hardness of the hybrid/see through back. Ultimately, I want some drop protection, I don't want to add bulk and I want to protect the camera lens, thanks.

Last edited:

anthb

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2016
I would have gone for a 12 Pro Max this year but can't get away with the bulk so sticking with the 12 Pro this year. Even with my 11 Pro I feel a case adds just enough to the size to be "big" when all I really want is "non slip" with some scratch resitance. I think I'll give one of the Nudient transparent ones e a go this year.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I love how much energy Apple spends into designing these phones and then people are just gonna stick them into some ugly cases ?

"Ugly" is in the eye of the beholder — there are many cases I find unattractive that others think enhance the appearance of their iPhone. And some of the better quality leather cases I've owned have been very good looking.

But for me, it comes down to protection. Cases have prevented damage to my phone many times over the years. When Apple releases an iPhone that can reliably withstand damage I'll consider using it without a case.

hatter

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2006
What happened to Apple's bumpers from the days of the iPhone 4/4S? Those were the most effective and least aesthetic-destroying. My last 2 phones (5s and SE), I've gone without a case.

Edit: BTW, it would be good if MR could include the weight of the cases when reviewing them. Some of them weigh 2-3 oz which is 50-75% of my iPhone SE.

I'll no doubt be hitting up amazon or ebay for bumpers. Used them for my original SE. Some official love for them would be great. Also would be great if vendors selling cases with backs on stopped using the term, cluttering up search results. A big part of my liking them is it leaves the back open to radiate heat out, when I'm giving the phone a hard time, rather than gently cooking the battery

Reactions: JuneJune and TropN
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.