Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON
Someone took real life photos of it here:

I’ll give you a front photo in 5 minutes ?

Minimal front lip for protection

7FACA4CB-ACCC-40EB-9C3E-DF235A0FB318.jpeg
B4749E00-8929-4DE5-A9AF-FF3547CF10B9.jpeg

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
Any one know a good replacement for Speck Presidio Grip case?
This case is awesome, it protects your phone so much that I literally throw my phone around, 0 damages over the years. It has rubber grips so it will not slide.

The reason I want a replacement that I have been using them for years and I would like to change, I also feel they are bulky maybe there is a thinner solution especially that iphone sizes are being forever increasing.

I love how much energy Apple spends into designing these phones and then people are just gonna stick them into some ugly cases ?

Thats because no one wants to buy a new $830 device only to have it slip and scratch the screen, now you have to pay $200 extra to fix it. There is a reason people didn't cover their Nokia phones but cover their iPhones.

Reactions: V.K.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Minimal front lip for protection
Thanks and I agree with you: it's too minimal for a good protection from scratches
A good case I had when I bought my iPhone 8 plus , protected the iPhone from a ruinous fall I had on a pavement
There was a fresh asphalt bump I didn't see : I fell and badly hurt my knee and my other hand but kept the one holding the iPhone up, trying to protect it but the iPhone went flying and landed on the new asphalt for few meters . Well , thanks to the case it didn't get a scratch but I had to change the case which got all the shock from the fall.
I 'm still looking for a good case to protect myself ?. I learned a good lesson for being picky about cases

Last edited:
Reactions: artfossil

gene731

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2015
Thanks and I agree with you: it's too minimal for a good protection from scratches
A good case I had when I bought my iPhone 8 plus , protected the iPhone from a ruinous fall I had on a pavement
There was a fresh asphalt bump I didn't see : I fell and badly hurt my knee and my other hand but kept the one holding the iPhone up, trying to protect it but the iPhone went flying and landed on the new asphalt for few meters . Well , thanks to the case it didn't get a scratch but I had to change the case which got all the shock from the fall.
I 'm still looking for a good case to protect myself ?. I learned a good lesson for being picky about cases
Me personally I like UAG (Urban Armor Gear) Monarch case. I’ve had one for my last 2 and maybe 3 iPhones. No affiliation with UAG just happy with their case.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I love how much energy Apple spends into designing these phones and then people are just gonna stick them into some ugly cases 😂

Your perception is definitely off here and ugly is definitely a subjective Word. Consumers don’t care about design with a smart phone other than the color they’re choosing, being they generally all look the same. And plus, we really just look at the front of the phone anyways, no one appreciates the back design of a phone for obvious reasons. I’d say consumers care more about the functionality with things like cameras, Animoji, etc. Also, who doesn’t use a case on their phone? (That’s rhetorical) It’s not a matter of ‘covering up the design‘, it’s protecting your device given how fragile they are with an all glass design.

In the end game, I don’t think Apple cares about how ‘much energy‘ they designed in the phone, they care about selling a phone and an accessory capitalizing on making more money. They only use a design for marketing points for Keynotes and pictures, there’s just as much design into that as well to sell a device. Amirite?

Reactions: 5105973

ShawnyRHarvey

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2018
Hamilton, ON

I totally agree, I’ll probably order a more known brand after I get my phone on Friday. Or might just grab a MagSafe case while I’m in the  Store to pick up the device.

chipsandsalsa

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2020
I like these cases, but after using them over the years I always end up with an Apple Silicone or Leather case because of the soft felt/microfiber lining on the inside that doesn't damage the device. I had a case that I meticulously used on my 5S that ended up scratching it because something got in-between the plastic and the device and scratched it. Never again! On my 11 I used a handful of clear/plastic/slippery ones but none of them have that soft lining.

Reactions: katbel and Wig321

Tymbo

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
What’s the dirt cheap cheapest most cheapest case to buy that I can use temporarily til Apple’s leather cases come out in 2-3 weeks?

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I like the Totallee cases, the clear case or even the slim case if it offers enough gr up and impact protection. However, I don’t know if they ship to Europe or if the shipping cost will be as high as the product itself

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
What’s the dirt cheap cheapest most cheapest case to buy that I can use temporarily til Apple’s leather cases come out in 2-3 weeks?

Maybe this? $3.99

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: philrock and TropN

V.K.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I asked this in another thread but this is probably a better place to ask.
I am looking for a MagSafe wallet like case similar to Apple's but with at least 2 pockets. Anybody making those?

Just one pocket is not enough. I've got a case with two pockets at the moment and it allows me keep my wallet in the bag as I very rarely need it.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
The clear case looks simple and nice. I bought it and will give it a try. For $12, not to bad. I would prefer a leather Apple case, but that isn't out for the iPhone 12 yet.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Not sure if you’re asking me but iPhone 11 Pro
Yes, great camera! Waiting for my 12 Pro to arrive, didn't buy the 11 pro because there is no Apple store close by- if not I would have bought the 11 Pro!

lex22

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2015
Bellroy has cases and if they are the same quality as their wallets then I can safely say the case will outlive the phone!

I also love my Bellroy wallet. Are these cases shielded to prevent Magsafe from demagnetizing credit cards? I don't see a statement about that feature, and given that I think they are in Australia, it might not be something they care about.

Reactions: HouseofG

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I'm clumsy and distracted and have tile floors so I stick with Otterbox cases with drop protection. I'm looking at this off-white case (would prefer white-white):
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 4.44.49 PM.png
Otterbox Symmetry with MagSafe

Otterbox usually has some good Apple-only options as well, which I expect to appear later on. My current 8+ has an Otterbox case with navy sides and a clear back with the bottom 1/4 navy leather--it's a handsome case that's easy to grip and offers a lot of protection.

(I really prefer light colored cases (just easier for me to see in a bag) but the color choices in protective cases often seem to be either really dark or a pukey pastel.)

Last edited:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Which Screen protector will you buy?

Amazon is terrible, many products have already several 5 star ratings before the iPhone was even released.
I went with the spider glastr ez fit. Same ones I used on previous phones and easy to align (even come with an alignment tool)

Reactions: ridgero
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.