Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Fugly if true. And flat edges is very uncomfortable to hold, in addition to making the phone more likely to break if dropped. This is a major step backwards.
youre one of the 1 people out a 1000 that goes case less? Also, how would this make it more susceptible to breaking?
NONE of the glass will be exposed. The frame should sit on a table flush and not touch the glass just like the iPad Pro.
So how is a completely flush glass edge going to break easier than a curved super thin sided glass phone?
This should be the most durable iPhone ever made... If you drop it it shouldn't be able to hit any part of the glass on anything unless it lands flat face first on a rock.

Last edited:

Drogba11

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2018
I like the design but a Lidar scanner, redesign and the A14 is not going to be enough to upgrade from the 11 Pro Max. I need ProMotion display, better cameras and USB-C before I’ll consider upgrading even though I’m on the upgrade program.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
For anyone not understanding what an iPad Pro looks like with the Glass here’s some close pictures. This phone shouldnt be easy to break the screen. The glass does not touch the table of layed flat on the table also. So every drop these phones will take will hit the frame and should protect the glass. I think it will be the most durable iPhone ever made. So long curved edges.
this looks more futuristic with the flat design and flat glass. Curved looked good but its dated now and makes the bezels and sides look huge even if they stretched out the screen. The flat design should make the phone look much better and the real way Apple wanted iPhone 4 was this Flat glass with middle frame.

Attachments

• 6C2ED068-E051-4662-8CD1-0B3FCBCF94B3.png
    6C2ED068-E051-4662-8CD1-0B3FCBCF94B3.png
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • F63C680F-432C-43E9-9F1C-E5F499C008E3.png
    F63C680F-432C-43E9-9F1C-E5F499C008E3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • 5E03C5F5-2BDD-432C-BECD-5A5A75A7B358.png
    5E03C5F5-2BDD-432C-BECD-5A5A75A7B358.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Toby777

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
So annoying that the power button is on the side.

I'm either always taking screenshots or pressing the power button when I pick up the device whilst watching a video. ?

Put the power button back on the top of the phone!

TaylorFrost

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2020

Leaker Sonny Dickson has today shared several images depicting what he claims are dummy units of Apple's upcoming iPhone 12 lineup.

EbCoMwKU4AAXn8L.jpeg

Images of iPhone dummy units usually appear every year, just a few months ahead of Apple's usual September-October launch timeframe. They are usually based on CAD schematics sourced from the Chinese supply chain, much like the molds leaked last week. Such dummies are often used to aid case-makers before the official reveal.

EbCoMwKUYAA8Omo.jpeg

The images mostly conform with details we already know, with the device sporting an iPad Pro-style design with flat edges. Apple is expected to launch four iPhones this year, across three sizes of 5.4, 6.1, and 6.7 inches. Dickson's images give a clear comparison of the three new sizes.

EbCoMwKUMAIPbK5.jpeg

The camera setups, however, do not mirror what is expected. Previous leaks have largely agreed that the two iPhone 12 models in 5.4 and 6.1 inches will have dual camera setups, while the two iPhone 12 Pro models in 6.1 and 6.7 inches will have triple camera setups. It is also of note that the dummies are missing the LiDAR scanner, expected on at least the 6.7 inch model.

Dickson cautions that the notch and camera layouts in these images should not be heavily relied upon. The are believed to offer clear depictions of what the upcoming chassis design may look like across the various new sizes.

Dickson has been known to leak dummy models in the past, such as of the 2020 iPad Pro refresh. He most recently suggested that WWDC will see the announcement of a new iMac with iPad Pro design language and thinner bezels.

Article Link: iPhone 12 Dummy Unit Images Feature iPad Pro-Style Design
I’d love a finger print scanner, with Face ID, since masks will be the new normal and entering that damn passcode gets real old, real quick.

pkiula

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
Will there be Face ID *and* Touch ID on the 5.4 device? The small size and Touch ID are all I need with the latest chip. Camera etc are stellaR already since iPhone 8.

bluecoast

macrumors 68020
Nov 7, 2017
I will be very sad if iOS turns into a place where every app has a different payment system with a different dark pattern to unsubscribe from recurring payments.

As a developer, I get the griping. But as a consumer, I appreciate having one place to see and cancel subscriptions, and the curation function that apple performs. Yeah, there’s the occasional bad outcome, but overall it’s been a nice result.

That’s a really good point. I suppose though that there could be a standard set of subscription mechanisms and a central place to manage them - so it’ll just be that the payment provider is different.

Whatever the case, I think that Apple only offering Apple Pay in the App Store isn’t tenable much longer. Ditto google with the Play Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.