iPhone 12 Lineup Rumored to Feature All-New Navy Blue Color Option

Stromos

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
So one of my best friends just finally had her 7 plus die yesterday. She made an appointment to have it fixed and I laughed and told her she was going to go home with an 11.

I have never been so entertained than to ask her what color she was going to get and knowing the meltdown I was going to create.

Pink of course!

Not and option would you like Yellow?

No way I'll get a 11 pro max then!

Still no pink :) can I interest you in midnight green?

Complete meltdown. She ended up getting white and is getting a pink case. Meltdown continued: It doesn't match my Apple Watch now! I just laughed and laughed.

Blue looks super nice and I have been enjoying green. Likely go blue next round.

Reactions: niji

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Been teased for years but much too manly for Apple to actually release.
I think after the midnight green (and the response to it) that we'll be looking at newer color options in the future. Even with the XR / 11 line each year new colors are being presented.

"Red" is already taken by the Product Red line.....there was a green this year, I think it's only a matter of time be there's an official navy blue release. Hopefully this year it arrives!

Jett0516

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
I don’t usually bash Youtubers, but his channel is pure garbage. It’s Clickbait titles to gain more followers based off things that he doesn’t even know himself. His ‘reviews’ are decent, but his main focus is try to promote ‘leaks’, which he carbon copies from other direct sources who reported long before he does. Hard pass.
Disagree. If his vids are clickbait why does all of his videos reached millions of views? He’s doing something right. Dude is an extreme Apple fanboy and his reviews are far more thorough than others. When Apple release a new update the guy finds so many more changes in that new version more than any other reviewers and it’s so hilarious. He has his own artist who renders new iPhone leaks which looks much better than some of the sites out there or here.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Disagree. If his vids are clickbait why does all of his videos reached millions of views?
You answered your own question. When you create ‘Clickbait videos’ like he does, of course he’s going to generate views. I’m not saying he doesn’t have a following, but he’s definitely not a legitimate source for anything. And for the record, I acknowledged some of his reviews are good, but the majority of his videos have the stature of someone that cares more about ‘ad revenue’ then putting out a quality video in terms of some of these other Apple followers.

B4U

macrumors 68020
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
The clear cases I've see thus far (including Apple's) are hard plastic. Unlike Apple's (opaque, colored) silicone cases, they're not as padded and they're more slippery and harder to hold onto.
Irrelevant to what I pointed out. That is moving the goal post.
In addition, a case is still better than bare phone.
But I will share a clear one I have that did not slip.

Reactions: NetMage and CarlJ

Lozza013

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
Melbourne Australia
I'm very happy with my XS Max but one thing I wish that Apple did with the XS Max is to release different colours, I wouldn't have minded my phone in Red (My favourite colour) or heck even a nice Dark Blue. Instead I ended up with black from a choice of Silver and Gold which to me seemed pretty bland compared to the XR colour choices.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Y’all could just put it in a clear case so u can still appreciate the color

PickUrPoison

macrumors 603
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Yeah.
I’ve always thought these pastels looked horrible.
Pastels? lol no offense but those colors aren’t pastel, they’re much too saturated. Pastels are soft, pale colors with a lot of white.

But maybe it’s a geographic difference, I note you’re in Australia 🙂

What we call pastel in the States 😂

8F0C948D-7CC4-486A-8597-2367E6B99526.jpeg

Reactions: NetMage

Nozuka

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2012
not getting my hopes up again. iPhone 7 was also rumored to have a color like that and then the color never came :(

Reactions: cwwilson

recoil80

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2014
I like this color more than midnight green, so I hope it turns out to be real.
I'm not a fan of clear cases though, so either I'll be able to run the iPhone naked or any color will do

himanshumodi

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
India
Like a clear case to still be able to show off the color? Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do too.
Are there any clear cases which don't make the phone look... cheap? I would love one of those. But they don't look all that good, so then end up putting a case which has some design value of its own.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 601
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
With all of the ugly color options they've come up with for Pro models so far, I don't really truth anything out side of white/silver or black/grey. The green looks like an ugly, dirty grey, the gold colors are all god awful. Just give us some bright colors like the iPod Touch got!

Crazics

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2020
Do you think we could get a real update to the iPhone instead of these insignificant micro updates? Or has our beloved iPhone plateaued?

gplusplus

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2018
I definitely dig the color, but there’s a fundamental problem with colors on iPhone: almost everyone uses a case, which covers the color anyway. The phones are so thin and fragile, most people don’t have much of an option.

I’m almost thinking that Apple should just stop offering multiple colors. Just streamline it down to a neutral color and double-down on first-party cases, sold as some kind of a combo. I’m sure there are many people who would gladly pay a premium for a truly superior case, plus this would cut down on the “WTF, IT’S MADE OF GLASS” jokes.