Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
A thread to discuss iPhone 12 Mini Battery Life.

Can early owners post screenshots of their battery life, while explaining their usage?

Reactions: iApple_man

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Everybody should also mention what they were using before and how that compares.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Coming from my iPhone 8, so far the battery life on my mini seems the same. I did turn off 5G (since it's not in my area) and set the phone to LTE. Before I did that, the phone did seem to drain faster. With limited use yesterday, I was down to about 50% halfway through the day. But tonight after a full day with LTE only, I'm at 75%. I'm happy with that.

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
100%? off charger @9:15am cst, current time 8:06pm(before posting here) @ 24% battery ?. No charging. 95% WiFi, 5% LTE, no 5G. I left the house for that 5% lol.

Came from 11pro(early 2020,returned) then went back to my 6s (last 4 months) and then the 12 (non-pro) so compared to those batteries, the 11 pro and 12, I’m impressed with the mini. Waaaay better than that Se2’s ?. Oh I returned the 12 for now.

This is within a day so we will see how the coming weeks go. Thus far it’s past my instant test of use without plugging. I usually charge around 20%, but I’ve done the 1% too. Lol

The circle below IS what I do most, but I will say that it is spiked up a little based on research, reviews, and entertainment. I am off work today too but for this type of Day, the Mini may be a keeper. It reminds me of the pro size but a more sweeter compact.

Honesty is always nice so if you upper level deep battery techies think I need to simply go to the bigger battery phones, by all means, be honest ?

DD45A298-2DE4-47F9-BFD7-A7BD898C15D5.jpeg

Last edited:

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Coming from my iPhone 8, so far the battery life on my mini seems the same. I did turn off 5G (since it's not in my area) and set the phone to LTE. Before I did that, the phone did seem to drain faster. With limited use yesterday, I was down to about 50% halfway through the day. But tonight after a full day with LTE only, I'm at 75%. I'm happy with that.
And you'd be at the same 75% with your 8 as well?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
100%? off charger @9:15am cst, current time 8:06pm(before posting here) @ 24% battery ?. No charging. 95% WiFi, 5% LTE, no 5G. I left the house for that 5% lol.

Came from 11pro(early 2020,returned) then went back to my 6s (last 4 months) and then the 12 (non-pro) so compared to those batteries, the 11 pro and 12, I’m impressed with the mini. Waaaay better than that Se2’s ?. Oh I returned the 12 for now.

This is within a day so we will see how the coming weeks go. Thus far it’s past my instant test of use without plugging. I usually charge around 20%, but I’ve done the 1% too. Lol

The circle below IS what I do most, but I will say that it is spiked up a little based on research, reviews, and entertainment. I am off work today too but for this type of Day, the Mini may be a keeper. It reminds me of the pro size but a more sweeter compact.

Honesty is always nice so if you upper level deep battery techies think I need to simply go to the bigger battery phones, by all means, be honest ?

View attachment 1667210
Seems great. Need more reviews. I might bite if it is this good for others too. What was your average level of brightness?

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
How does it compare to 11 Pro/12?

Does it get you 80%+ of an 11 Pro?
It doesn’t really. Both the 12(non pro /11 pro have bigger batteries, I just needed to know that the mini lasts a day without me charging, so go from there.

Also a regular youtuber actually has a 12 mini battery review. Look up Bernard Walter 12 mini battery review

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
It doesn’t really. Both the 12(non pro /11 pro have bigger batteries, I just needed to know that the mini lasts a day without me charging, so go from there.

Also a regular youtuber actually has a 12 mini battery review. Look up Bernard Walter 12 mini battery review

I know. I have seen that. How much better is the 11 Pro/12 battery life according to you?

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
I know. I have seen that. How much better is the 11 Pro/12 battery life according to you?
Why do you keep asking the same question. Both have bigger batteries vs the mini. I got nothing else for you. 11 pro lasts longer than the mini of course and it’s longer than the 12 but for what I use it for, the 11 pro and 12 lasted me all day, rarely had to charge at night, maybe the next day.

The mini, I had to charge at night which is good and what I was hoping for with the mini, meaning it last all day hence my battery pic above.

I don’t have the 11 pro anymore, and the 12 was returned so I’m not doing side by side comparisons just sharing my experiences.

Anything else?

1605467410049.jpeg

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Why do you keep asking the same question. Both have bigger batteries vs the mini. I got nothing else for you. 11 pro lasts longer than the mini of course and it’s longer than the 12 but for what I use it for, the 11 pro and 12 lasted me all day, rarely had to charge at night, maybe the next day.

The mini, I had to charge at night which is good and what I was hoping for with the mini, meaning it last all day hence my battery pic above.

I don’t have the 11 pro anymore, and the 12 was returned so I’m not doing side by side comparisons just sharing my experiences.

Anything else?

View attachment 1668168

Ok. Thank You.

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
I won't post a screenshot because it doesn't say much how and where you use the phone but I can give you my first impression comparing it to my iPhone 11 6.1.

So first REAL stress test here. I travel for work and today had a 12h day on the road, through areas with low to bad signal, but also cities with LTE (no 5G contract atm, only 4G activated in settings). I did a call a few times and did some surfing etc.. The usual stuff I also did with my iPhone 11 6.1 the same way before.

At the end of the day I have about 40% battery left, when my iPhone 11 had around 50-60% battery left with similar usage. That is more than I expected. I had signal on all the time and battery life really suffers from traveling through low signal areas instead of staying at home in the city with always good LTE signal. I am very happy. I expected around 20-25% left at the end of the day because of the smaller battery but it is around 40%. 10-20% less than the iPhone 11. And the battery is new and still needs some time for it's whole potential. Really, really nice atm.

Reactions: Nedo and iApple_man

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I won't post a screenshot because it doesn't say much how and where you use the phone but I can give you my first impression comparing it to my iPhone 11 6.1.

So first REAL stress test here. I travel for work and today had a 12h day on the road, through areas with low to bad signal, but also cities with LTE (no 5G contract atm, only 4G activated in settings). I did a call a few times and did some surfing etc.. The usual stuff I also did with my iPhone 11 6.1 the same way before.

At the end of the day I have about 40% battery left, when my iPhone 11 had around 50-60% battery left with similar usage. That is more than I expected. I had signal on all the time and battery life really suffers from traveling through low signal areas instead of staying at home in the city with always good LTE signal. I am very happy. I expected around 20-25% left at the end of the day because of the smaller battery but it is around 40%. 10-20% less than the iPhone 11. And the battery is new and still needs some time for it's whole potential. Really, really nice atm.

Thank You. This sounds very very promising.

If I can get 80% of my 11 Pro battery life, I’ll jump for sure.

lazy_desi_

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2020
Yesterday at the end of the day I have about 40% battery left, when my iPhone xs had around 45-50% battery left with similar usage.

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
Thank You. This sounds very very promising.

If I can get 80% of my 11 Pro battery life, I’ll jump for sure.
I am not sure about that. 11 Pro normally has better battery life than the 11 6.1. And from FIRST usage it is between 10-20% less than my 11 on a workday with low of standby in low signal areas, so I would guess maybe 25-30% less than the 11 Pro with normal usage. But I don't know if it depends on usage. I am not on the phone all the time. For comparison my battery life with the 11 6.1. on off days at home or in the city is around 70-80% at the end of the day, I don#t need it that much at home and have consistent good signal. On the go I have around 50% left, sometimes 60%. 20-30% more usage because of low signal and more browsing and music via BT. But atm I would say compared to your 11 Pro it could be 70% battery life, 80% if you are very lucky. But not much less than 70%

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
I am not sure about that. 11 Pro normally has better battery life than the 11 6.1. And from FIRST usage it is between 10-20% less than my 11 on a workday with low of standby in low signal areas, so I would guess maybe 25-30% less than the 11 Pro with normal usage. But I don't know if it depends on usage. I am not on the phone all the time. For comparison my battery life with the 11 6.1. on off days at home or in the city is around 70-80% at the end of the day, I don#t need it that much at home and have consistent good signal. On the go I have around 50% left, sometimes 60%. 20-30% more usage because of low signal and more browsing and music via BT. But atm I would say compared to your 11 Pro it could be 70% battery life, 80% if you are very lucky. But not much less than 70%

70% won’t work for me. But my health is 94%.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 13, 2016
Yesterday at the end of the day I have about 40% battery left, when my iPhone xs had around 45-50% battery left with similar usage.

Doesn’t sound good. I had a brand new X with 100% battery. My 11 Pro used to last 50-80% more compared to the X. X and XS are very similar. And your XS has an aged battery I’m guessing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.