Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chonty

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
I mean interacting with the notification screen whilst the phone is unlocked, not pulling the notification screen down.

If I unlock the phone and drag down from the top of the screen to display notifications, I experience the same problems everyone describes with touch screen responsiveness when I try to interact with the notifications, e.g. my thumbs do not work.

still experiencing notification screen problems whilst the phone is unlocked though not as bad since updating. Now it feels like it misses or incorrectly responds to some touches and is most noticeable when trying to quickly scroll through them.

ShawnLi

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
Apple just released 14.2.1 and I can confirm it fixed this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_4200.PNG
    IMG_4200.PNG
    810.3 KB · Views: 108

ShawnLi

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2020
That seems true after I posted.
The interesting part is this very morning when I'm barely awake I got a sudden feeling that iOS may have a new update, grabbed my 12 mini and found the 14.2.1.
So for me it's like a discovery. ;) Personally more fun than reading it from somewhere else.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Updated to 14.2.1 from 14.2 on my mini. Haven’t put a TGSP back on, but tested extensively with and without a case laying flat on a table. The shortcut buttons, password entry, accepting phone calls, and scrolling with the flat part of my thumb all work as they should. This is awesome and I’m glad this has been fixed so quickly!

SeaneJ

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Still taking two or three swipes with my thumb to answer the phone After update. I’m am therefore going to say very much improved but still not 100% perfect. Also I would’ve have preferred better communication with Apple with regards to this issue instead of them Telling me I can return the phone or remove my screen protector. I got much better information out of the people on this thread then I did been on the phone with the Apple senior team. So thanks for that guys. ?

Last edited:

Squatcher33

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
How can I create my own post thread? I want to create a list of like a wish list for Apple Watch features in the future.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
UPDATE: Issue is fixed in update 14.2.1

EDIT: So you don't have to read thru all the pages, there is an issue with the lock screen not working properly with both a screen protector and a case. All user seem to have this issue, but Apple has yet to acknowledge the problem.
Please leave them feedback if you're having this issue. Below is the link and a template I made if you don't want to write it yourself:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

"There is a problem with the lock screen not detecting presses on the camera, flashlight or anything
unless you press very gently.
Issue only occurs when using BOTH a screen protector and a case.
If you touch something conductive like the frame or the camera lens frame it works
."

Right after I got my iPhone 12 Mini I put on a PanzerGlass screen protector and started using it.
My problem is touch on the lock screen, if i try to use the torch or pause/play music it only respons sometimes.
After i unlock the iPhone touch works great, but on the lockscreen I have to get lucky with the touch to get the response.
Anyone else having this issue?
Same issues, thought it was the glass screen protector. However, I found that if you use just the tip of your finger... very precisely, it would work. Glad to see this wasn't just me ! One other problem though, camera is driving me nuts trying to pinch to zoom, etc.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How can I create my own post thread? I want to create a list of like a wish list for Apple Watch features in the future.
Somewhat off topic, but you can go to the Apple Watch section at https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/apple-watch.172/ and use the "Post thread" button (that is closer to the top on the right) to create a thread. You can also take a look around that section to perhaps see if a similar thread might already exist.

thanhtam23

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2017
Singapore
Same issues, thought it was the glass screen protector. However, I found that if you use just the tip of your finger... very precisely, it would work. Glad to see this wasn't just me ! One other problem though, camera is driving me nuts trying to pinch to zoom, etc.
issue is fixed, please update your firmware

Reactions: three

adamfrompoland

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
Hey, im still thinking iOS 14.2.1 did not solve all the problems with the touchscreen. Look at the video. I think it can be problematic for example in gaming or just scrolling websites not touching the frame of the phone. What do you think? Im not copletely happy with the upgrade. Video:

Last edited:

MacBainNO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2017
Hey, im still thinking iOS 14.2.1 did not solve all the problems with the touchscreen. Look at the video. I think it can be problematic for example in gaming or just scrolling websites not touching the frame of the phone. What do you think? Im not copletely happy with the upgrade. Video:
You are right. There are still some minor issues. Laying the iPhone flat I'm having trouble scrolling with my thumb placed sidesways. Hopefully the fixed they released was a quickfix and a more comprehensive one is on the way.

Ps. Going to update the first post again addressing this issue.

Reactions: adamfrompoland

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don’t believe that particular fringe use scenario was reported to Apple as being the same usage problem as the Lock Screen swipe problem many of us reported. You need to report your fringe use to Apple.

Reactions: adamfrompoland

adamfrompoland

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
I don’t believe that particular fringe use scenario was reported to Apple as being the same usage problem as the Lock Screen swipe problem many of us reported. You need to report your fringe use to Apple.
I live in Poland and English is not my first language. We don't even have an Apple Store here. If there is anyone here who will report this problem directly to Apple, I will be grateful! ??

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I live in Poland and English is not my first language. We don't even have an Apple Store here. If there is anyone here who will report this problem directly to Apple, I will be grateful! ??
You can report the problem online with the following link.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Although that might not necessarily be the main use case it would be a gap on Apple's side if they didn't check it in the process of addressing the reported issue. That said, perhaps they did and it required additional work that either hasn't been done yet or involves more complexity and they just wanted to get the fix out for the main use case as soon as they could.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.