Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iPhone 15 Pro models will have thinner, curved bezels compared to the iPhone 14 Pro models, potentially resulting in an Apple Watch-like appearance, according to the leaker known as "ShrimpApplePro."

iPhone-15-Pro-Blue-Feature.jpg

ShrimpApplePro clarified that the next-generation "Pro" iPhone models will still have flat displays, since only the bezels are to be curved. According to a source speaking to the leaker, this combination of slimmer bezels and curved edges could result in a look similar to the Apple Watch Series 7 and Series 8.

The curved front glass will purportedly also be present on the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus's design, but these devices will not have thinner bezels compared to their iPhone 14 predecessors. ShrimpApplePro added that the iPhone 15 lineup will feature the same display sizes as last year's iPhone 14 lineup.

Last year, the leaker was among the first to say that the iPhone 15 Pro models will have a titanium frame with curved rear edges. ShrimpApplePro has developed a good track record for revealing accurate information about Apple's plans, so their claims are worth taking seriously.

Article Link: iPhone 15 Pro Rumored to Feature Ultra-Thin Curved Bezels

Last edited:

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Ugh. RIP full screen glass protectors. I hope this rumor doesn’t turn out to be true.
I agree. This is stupid if indeed the case. I love my 12 Pro Max flat screen and the flat glass protector that goes directly to the edge of my case. It looks like there's no protector on at all. With the older phones curved edges there was always a gap.

Skyscraperfan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2021
The curved corners are still horrible. A display should always be rectangular, because most content is rectangular. A curved corner throws away pixels. That strange idea came many years ago, when some smartphone makers were proud that they can built displays that are not rectangular. The result are rounded corners, nodges, circular holes and "dynamic islands". Is it too much to ask that every row of a display has the same number of pixels?

ILoveCalvinCool

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Why even bother. 99% of people slap a protector on there. For all I care a phone shouldn’t even have a back panel, let alone curved edges.

I don't understand why people care what the iPhone looks like. I almost never see people without cases or protectors of some type on their phones. For all I care the iPhone 15 could be Bieber-themed and I'd still buy it.

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
Here we go with the Apple PR machine. Don’t be surprised if we hear closer to launch time that Apple had to pull this feature “at the last minute,” because it wasn’t meeting Apple’s high standards.

• Haha
Reactions: Redsep and Lukkee24

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
I just want them to curve off the back and keep the front flat.
Like the iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd generation, or the iPad 2, or the iPhone 5C.
At least on the corners, it makes it easier to grip.
No, the seamless curve of the iPhone X is and always will be their best design. It felt far far far better in the hand because that’s how ergonomics work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.