iPhone 4 Bumpers on eBay.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mlrollin91, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Okay, So I have been looking around on eBay this morning for a white, or really any colored bumper... Besides pink.

I found this seller that has every color bumper available. They are charging 30 with free shipping or best offer.

I was looking at the packaging and the bumper itself with the few pictures posted. I then realized that the inside packaging says "For iPhone 4 Bumper". The originally packaging just says "iPhone 4 Bumper". Everything else about the bumper and packaging looks real, even the back part of the packaging is correct.

What do you think? Real or a really good fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-4-...906098?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item43a1c5d672

Thanks!

2. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

I have a pink and a black bumper and the packaging did not look like that. It didn't say "for" at the top of iPhone 4 Bumpers.

Edit: I also noticed that the buttons on the bumper are way to shiny. The original bumper has the buttons that look like the iPhone 4. On the back on the packaging it doesn't provide the barcode with the product model number. So yea, it is definitely a fake.

3. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Thanks I figured it was but wanted to get someone else's opinion. Thanks for the fast response!

4. solius macrumors regular

5. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

6. bludragon06 macrumors regular

http://cgi.ebay.com/OEM-Bumper-Fram...086385?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27b50a76b1

I was looking at the buttons and the cutouts n everything. It looks legit. Someone even asked the seller a question on the ebay page if they were real and they said yes. So I ordered 3. A white, a green, and an orange. I love my black bumper. I lay it on its back on my cars center console and use navigon navigation and it doesnt slide or anything. Hope these bumpers will work with wrapsol. People say no but I hope so anyways.
    -Dave

I cant say about the cardboard stuff because I cant find my original cardboard. But the buttons are not too shiny. I looked at it and they are fine Maybe the way the camera got the picture or something. And as far as the barcode is concerned i was in apple yesterday looking at the docks and one of them didnt have the barcode either. Thats an internal thing. I wouldnt go saying that its a fake. It looks very genuine. Just saying.
    -Dave

7. smeg36 macrumors regular

I asked that seller to clarify if the cases were just really good duplicates, or if OEM meant they were from the same factory as the Apple cases. This was the reply

That sounds fishy, but for $10 I ordered a green one anyways. Now to wait 10-21 days.

8. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I like his return policy flow chart!

9. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Maybe its just me but the old saying comes to mind when I see Hong Kong sellers on ebay. If it looks too good to be true...

To be fair, Ive made some good deals that originated out of Hong Kong. But Ive had some flops too. Im just a bitter old man...:p

10. steeez macrumors member

May just be a coincidence, but in the link the OP provided the case was placed inside it's box upside down. See how the side buttons are on the right side?

11. bludragon06 macrumors regular

Yeah I saw that but i figured it was tried out for a few minutes then put back in the package. I dunno. I just found a different seller from hong kong and now I gotta wait 17-25 days for my white green and orange bumpers!
    -Dave

12. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

thanks for that, i ordered a white one. i literally dont even know why. i dont even like the bumpers, never used one. just seemed like a good deal. i think i have an addiction to accessories.

13. bludragon06 macrumors regular

LOL I think I do too. I have ordered enough cases to do a change a day for like 2 weeks lol! I ordered about 7 defaultcases. You can see the reviews on here. They were $.01! Thats right a penny. And then like 4 bucks to ship each. And I have my free black OEM apple bumper. Plus the 3 I ordered from the sight above on ebay. Then an incase slider in black. Ha Ha. Also a wrapsol.

My next purchase will probablt be bluetooth stereo headphones! Looking at the jaybirds.

LOL my mother is a QVC addict and I am an iPhone 4 accessory addict lol!

14. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

15. trssho macrumors 6502

16. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Thanks for all the links, really going to check out the 9.90 ones. Great deal if they are truly legitimate.

17. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

my mom was too a QVC addict till she went BK

Try the Jaba stone(white) works great love the a2dp for music/navi stream

18. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

This is great, I'll take the $10 risk on a green one!

19. calvy macrumors 65816

Why did your mom go to Burger King?

20. bludragon06 macrumors regular

I just got an email letting me know that my bumpers shipped. Now the 21 day wait LOL!

21. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

22. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Wow of course they're fake ffs come on people.

I picked up an orange one a few days ago....... What the heck I paid $10 shipped for the damn thing, if it sucks I toss it and no skin off my buttock. My only wonder is if they are all silicon with a shiny middle part, guess I'll find out in a bit.

Pick one up ffs, it's $10.00..... If you can't afford that maybe an iPhone 4 isn't the right phone for you. ;)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390239123760&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

23. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

I ordered a pink one. I'll post pics when it arrives.

24. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

do i really need to spell out BK:rolleyes:

25. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I ordered a pink one from the $9.90 link, if it doesn't look like the pic I'll be asking for a refund.