Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I just bought this on ebay. Anyone have any experience with it? I like the way the case looks, and they've got other colors as well.

Do you know if this is the jelly case or hard plastic case? Since it's a "Flexishield" I'm guessing it's a jelly case. I used to have something like this for my 3G. If this is the jelly variety, it sucks. Any lint in your pockets will get attracted to this, case is lame and poorly made, not very durable.

If it's the hard case variety then it's a pretty decent case. very smooth so in/out of pocket is very easy. May protect your phone in the event of a fall. But, for $3, not a bad case. Again, assuming it's the hard case variety.

Aaron1021

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Do you know if this is the jelly case or hard plastic case? Since it's a "Flexishield" I'm guessing it's a jelly case. I used to have something like this for my 3G. If this is the jelly variety, it sucks. Any lint in your pockets will get attracted to this, case is lame and poorly made, not very durable.

If it's the hard case variety then it's a pretty decent case. very smooth so in/out of pocket is very easy. May protect your phone in the event of a fall. But, for $3, not a bad case. Again, assuming it's the hard case variety.

the description says that it's made from TPU, and that "compared to silicone, this skin is stiffer to the touch." since i haven't actually felt the case in my hands, so i can't say for sure what it feels like. but if you want, i'll let you know when i get it.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008

It says it's TPU, which is somewhere in between. It's flexible but smooth.

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
I'll tell you in about 1-4 weeks :rolleyes:

Ordered a white one yesterday so who knows when it'll arrive. These cases come in tons of colors. Lot of weird girly colors especially. I got mine for $5 (.01 + 4.99 shipping)

WHere did you order it? I would spend $5 to see if it is worth it.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
WHere did you order it? I would spend $5 to see if it is worth it.

eBay. Here is thelink to the seller's store. The seller's name is michellelovey. If you search for "iPhone 4 defender" then you'll get all the cases like this one, including all the weird colored ones too.

This is the one I wound up getting.

Attachments

• ViewImage.aspx.jpg
    ViewImage.aspx.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 77

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
eBay. Here is thelink to the seller's store. The seller's name is michellelovey. If you search for "iPhone 4 defender" then you'll get all the cases like this one, including all the weird colored ones too.

This is the one I wound up getting.

THe fiancee wanted the blue one so I ordered it for her. I am going to cry if it comes in before her Otterbox does.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
THe fiancee wanted the blue one so I ordered it for her. I am going to cry if it comes in before her Otterbox does.

It very well might :eek: Last time I ordered one it took almost 5 weeks to get here. Hopefully, this one will come a little sooner than that. :cool:

martyllian

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
It very well might :eek: Last time I ordered one it took almost 5 weeks to get here. Hopefully, this one will come a little sooner than that. :cool:

If you go back a few pages, you will see I recieved my ebay iphone 4 defender case already. I really like it. Blue It took about a week to arrive. I have photos as well in the thread

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
If you go back a few pages, you will see I recieved my ebay iphone 4 defender case already. I really like it. Blue It took about a week to arrive. I have photos as well in the thread

How do you like it? You use this as your daily/main case or no? I intended on using this case as a travel case myself. Any issues you noticed about this case upon receipt? Thanks.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
For anyone wondering about the Replicases, I bought one a couple of weeks ago from that Cimo seller and the flash cutout wasn't the same as their product images. What I got had a cutout that was way too small for both the camera and the flash so it just didn't work at all. Not only that but the case was next to impossible to take off.

I will say that I had great communication with them and they offered to send me another case with the original flash cutout or give me a full refund. I opted for the refund which they took care of right away.

dunxxx

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
SF, CA
So i originally ordered this white one for $.99

ViewImage.aspx

It arrived today, and to my surprise, they sent me a clear one. It was strange because after looking for a white one, I decided to look for a clear one instead. Did they know that I had changed my mind? :confused: :D

My only qualms about it is that it's a little loose around the sides. I will look for remedies to tighten it up a bit. I also don't like how the lock button is a bit hard to press. But for only $.99 and the right color I wanted, I really can't complain

On to the pics:

4866895882_1fdccd706f_z.jpg

4866897790_40e2ae792b_z.jpg

4866900884_67221d5f6a_z.jpg

martyllian

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
How do you like it? You use this as your daily/main case or no? I intended on using this case as a travel case myself. Any issues you noticed about this case upon receipt? Thanks.

I use it as an everyday case, and have had no issues. I love it. I dont mind handing anyone my iphone if they are curious :)

ONly issue is sometimes the headphone rubber piece doesnt go in right. if you push back on it while pushing down, it does go in fine.

Ikyo

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
I use it as an everyday case, and have had no issues. I love it. I dont mind handing anyone my iphone if they are curious :)

ONly issue is sometimes the headphone rubber piece doesnt go in right. if you push back on it while pushing down, it does go in fine.

Does it have the attached screen protector like the otterbox?

*smb*

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
Those who got replicases. Comments on fit with screen protectors? I got a couple with the same design style and one works ok with SP and one doesn't, hard to tell from pics so first hand experience would help. I like the white and the black matte ones.
We have 2 replicases here on separate phones that both have Steinheil Ultra Crystal front/back films - they fit great, no issues at all. The case doesn't even really touch the front screen protector:
4867916540_b07db5c533.jpg

ipadder

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
We have 2 replicases here on separate phones that both have Steinheil Ultra Crystal front/back films - they fit great, no issues at all. The case doesn't even really touch the front screen protector:
4867916540_b07db5c533.jpg

what color is that?? it looks liek a red but pink at the sam time. i can't find it in their store.

light pink? red?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Here's mine iP4 w/ Blue "Replicase". From Cimo Cases. Has front screen guards as well.

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
So i originally ordered this white one for $.99

ViewImage.aspx

It arrived today, and to my surprise, they sent me a clear one. It was strange because after looking for a white one, I decided to look for a clear one instead. Did they know that I had changed my mind? :confused: :D

My only qualms about it is that it's a little loose around the sides. I will look for remedies to tighten it up a bit. I also don't like how the lock button is a bit hard to press. But for only $.99 and the right color I wanted, I really can't complain

On to the pics:

4866895882_1fdccd706f_z.jpg

4866897790_40e2ae792b_z.jpg

4866900884_67221d5f6a_z.jpg

hey i like that case. but i cant find it. any help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.