Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ratman2356

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Agreed...Incredibly lame. Especially when there multiple pics of the same case in this same thread.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
Why are you here?

I'm just providing feedback for others to use (or ignore)

You should have ignored it.

Well lets see how the bumper looks. Its ebay for crying out loud there is hundreds of "black bumpers" they have going there and they range from $0.01 - $60.00.

Why are you saying how it is when i dont even know what item it is exactly. I dont know what you talking about?

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
or maybe a link to the ebay item? That could work and you wouldnt have to snap pics yourself =)

I ordered a 3$ one to hold me over till my free case gets here. I dont think ive seen people with that particular one yet.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
or maybe a link to the ebay item? That could work and you wouldnt have to snap pics yourself =)

I ordered a 3$ one to hold me over till my free case gets here. I dont think ive seen people with that particular one yet.

Exactly man, atleast the link to the item.

jgu

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
That looks pretty nice damn! I got a white there is a link few posts back (previous page). I hope it looks that good.

It's crap. Just got mine, in white, in the mail. Its almost impossible to push the volume buttons. Mold line and flash everywhere, and feels cheap and rough in the hand. You get what you pay for.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
It's crap. Just got mine, in white, in the mail. Its almost impossible to push the volume buttons. Mold line and flash everywhere, and feels cheap and rough in the hand. You get what you pay for.

You got a link to the one you ordered.. I ordered a white one also.. Now im disappointed lol.

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Well lets see how the bumper looks. Its ebay for crying out loud there is hundreds of "black bumpers" they have going there and they range from $0.01 - $60.00.

Why are you saying how it is when i dont even know what item it is exactly. I dont know what you talking about?

If you read my post, i was talking about the Replicase that had pictures and links posted in this thread.

zerix

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010

got a white one of these too, sad to hear this, it looked decent :(

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009

absolutely, you buy a 5$ diamond, you get a 5$ diamond =)

just curious, ever thought of remove\ing the plastic covering the volume buttons? I was thinking of taking a razor and removing it. Just a thought...

Once you do get it on and the flash/burr are removed, does it fit snuggly?

actionvaughn

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
Does anyone have any experience with this case? Obviously it's a knock-off but I'm holding out for Incase's slider in blue anyway and was hoping to use this in the mean time.

drkash

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2010
UK
Here's the bumper I bought from ebay - been using it for the past week and for £1.15 I'm impressed! It fits perfectly, nice snug fit but not too tight. It has a good finish, and does not peel my oleophobic front screen protector or my rear skin. The only gripe with it is that the top power button is a little hard to press but thats not a biggie for me. Overall definitely worth it for the price and will keep me going until my free case arrives.

Here's the link... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Bumper-Frame-Case-Cover-Sleeve-Iphone-4G-4th-/270608002288?pt=PDA_Accessories

Attachments

• IMG_1478.JPG
    IMG_1478.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 95

jgu

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
absolutely, you buy a 5$ diamond, you get a 5$ diamond =)

just curious, ever thought of remove\ing the plastic covering the volume buttons? I was thinking of taking a razor and removing it. Just a thought...

Once you do get it on and the flash/burr are removed, does it fit snuggly?

That's exactly what i did, use scissors to cut a big hole for the volume buttons. Doesn't look pretty, but its a little more usable now. I will probably never use it though. Its going in the garbage soon. It fits about the same as the apple bumper, maybe just a little more snug.

Lostsol

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
I got my white replicase from Cimo yesterday. I have to say it is a pretty good case for 9 bucks shipped. I know I could have got one from china for 3 dollars but I didn't want to wait 3 weeks and I figured the customer service would be better. I was right. The case had a white mark on the clear part of the case by the volume buttons. Must have been a manufacturing defect. I contacted Cimo and they sent me a new one today. Pretty good service I must say.

One question to other replicase owners. What have you found is the best way to take the case off? Mine goes on really tight (which is good) but it's very hard to get off and I feel like I'm gonna scratch the stainless band when I'm struggling to pull the case off. Anybody find a "trick" to get the case off easier?

ratman2356

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Got a couple more in this week. A winner and a major loser.

Loser:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160457315240&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Can not press power button, hard to press volume and fits waaaaay lose. Total garbage. Got two of them, white and green and both suck big time.

Winner:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380256471526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Really like this case. Fits well, tight and secure but not too hard to get the phone in and out of. Does not mess up front screen protector, does not interfere with flash, no watermarking, easy in and out of pockets, smooth but has just enough grip to it that it doesn't feel like it will slip out of your hand. Feels like it would have enough room for a pack protector as well but might not handle front back and sides with pushing out of shape.

Oh, yeah nice big audio jack opening too. Back camera opening is large and little off center but big enough not to interfere with camera or flash. Definitely worth a try IMO.

Sorry no pics, just don't have time.

Smacky

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2008
The diamond TPU case wont handle a front and back PS shield, it pushes the top out of shape based on my experience

Got a couple more in this week. A winner and a major loser.

Loser:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160457315240&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Can not press power button, hard to press volume and fits waaaaay lose. Total garbage. Got two of them, white and green and both suck big time.

Winner:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380256471526&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Really like this case. Fits well, tight and secure but not too hard to get the phone in and out of. Does not mess up front screen protector, does not interfere with flash, no watermarking, easy in and out of pockets, smooth but has just enough grip to it that it doesn't feel like it will slip out of your hand. Feels like it would have enough room for a pack protector as well but might not handle front back and sides with pushing out of shape.

Oh, yeah nice big audio jack opening too. Back camera opening is large and little off center but big enough not to interfere with camera or flash. Definitely worth a try IMO.

Sorry no pics, just don't have time.

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
I got my white replicase from Cimo yesterday. I have to say it is a pretty good case for 9 bucks shipped. I know I could have got one from china for 3 dollars but I didn't want to wait 3 weeks and I figured the customer service would be better. I was right. The case had a white mark on the clear part of the case by the volume buttons. Must have been a manufacturing defect. I contacted Cimo and they sent me a new one today. Pretty good service I must say.

One question to other replicase owners. What have you found is the best way to take the case off? Mine goes on really tight (which is good) but it's very hard to get off and I feel like I'm gonna scratch the stainless band when I'm struggling to pull the case off. Anybody find a "trick" to get the case off easier?

Take a credit card and slide it in between the case and the phone on one of the long sides. This will give you enough leverage to take it off without breaking the case or scratching the phone.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
the black replicase looks kinda cheap. how does it look in person?

I got the white one from Cimo and they are really cheap. The plastic is so bad that the case doesn't even lay flat and up close it doesn't look very good.

The only plus was that their customer service is really good and they gave me a full refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.