Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corykane

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2008
the black replicase looks kinda cheap. how does it look in person?

At first I thought the case looked cheap, especially when I unpackaged it. Then I put it on the phone and I actually think it looks really good! From a couple feet away it is hard to tell there is a case on the phone. Now it is my favorite case out of the ones I have tried.

mytran80

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2009
What did you expect for $8 - $9 plus free shipping?

I own 4 of them and none of them have this problem you're referring too.

I got my white replicase from cimo 2 days ago , I went to an evening party and took about 13 pictures with flash activated , all my pics are blurred and washed out , I like the case but I can't be removing the case every time I take a picture , I'm a photo guy :) , I will contact cimo and ask for a refund

P.s the cutout hole for the flash is way too small reflecting the light which blocks the camera lens vision

DeePeezy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I got my white replicase from cimo 2 days ago , I went to an evening party and took about 13 pictures with flash activated , all my pics are blurred and washed out , I like the case but I can't be removing the case every time I take a picture , I'm a photo guy :) , I will contact cimo and ask for a refund

P.s the cutout hole for the flash is way too small reflecting the light which blocks the camera lens vision

I will agree with this. All of my Cimo cases have flash issues. The black one not as bad. I've tried the sharpie and even black paint but the flash hole is just too small.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
What did you expect for $8 - $9 plus free shipping?
Something better than what I got? The case just looks and feels much worse in person than in pics.

13ydkkx.jpg

jhc4t0.jpg

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Thanks everyone for posting up pics and reviews - I've picked up a few of these based on your recs. I also bought the incase slider knockoff in baby blue, will post up pics/review when it arrives.

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
At first I thought the case looked cheap, especially when I unpackaged it. Then I put it on the phone and I actually think it looks really good! From a couple feet away it is hard to tell there is a case on the phone. Now it is my favorite case out of the ones I have tried.

Agree. I am still using mine and I have four other cases!

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas

If I want to take flash pics I use my SLR. I really don't see a need to use the flash on my phone, so the tiny cut-out isn't really an issue for me. If you're a "photo guy" and always use your phone for a camera - I could see where this would be an issue. That's why there are so many cases out there (though it seems so many BAD ones!)

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
BotterOx case from eBay

Nothing new here. Just wanted to show off my BotterOx case I received today. Overall, not too bad. Paid $5 total for this thing so wasn't expecting too much from it. This is going to be my traveling case for my IP4. No flash issues with this thing. Seems pretty solid and seems like it would hold up to a fall. Complaints with this case is that it's a pretty tight squeeze to get the phone in there. Once in, it's pretty hard to get the case off. It came with a plastic overlay for the screen as well as some clear "stickers" for the apple logo and camera hole on the back. I'm pretty sure the camera "sticker" will interfere with the camera so I'm probably not going to put that on there. I will note that I have front/back screen protectors as well as Luck Labs side stickers which is probably why it's a tight fit to get the phone in the case. After taking my phone out, it pretty much ruined my Lucky Labs decals so I'll need to replace those. Overall, for $5, not too shabby.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 95
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 79
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 77

cymrulp

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Uk
Here's the bumper I bought from ebay - been using it for the past week and for £1.15 I'm impressed! It fits perfectly, nice snug fit but not too tight. It has a good finish, and does not peel my oleophobic front screen protector or my rear skin. The only gripe with it is that the top power button is a little hard to press but thats not a biggie for me. Overall definitely worth it for the price and will keep me going until my free case arrives.

Here's the link... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Bumper-Frame-Case-Cover-Sleeve-Iphone-4G-4th-/270608002288?pt=PDA_Accessories

I've got this exact one, I think it's amazing for the money (I paid £2.99). Fits nice and snug and doesn't really add any bulk.

Waiting for my bumper to come through so thought it would be good to keep me going, recommended.

ckalinec

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Well so Far I have purchased 5 things on eBay for an iPhone 4 I don't even have yet.

Bought this, it comes with the carbon back protector and bumper. $10. Unfortunately coming from China I'm very affraid that it won't be here when my iPhone finally gets here.

2IN1_iphone4_pro_title(lotus).jpg

Also ordered this back protector which came in today and is very nice in person. $10

IMG_0154.jpg

Ordered this white bumper to match my white back in fear that the black bumper/back protector won't be here when I get my phone. Hopefully it's as good as it looks. $4

whitebumperfront2.jpg

Bought a white replicase and honestly doubt I'll use it very much, but I wanted the option anyway and thought it could replace my wants for the iPhone 4 that my patience wouldn't allow any longer. $4

and lastly I picked up a 3 pack of front/back screen protectors for $4 and they came in today.

I believe once everything gets in and I can order my free bumper I will stick with the black carbon back protector and a black Apple bumper. But who knows? And since I heard about the bumper scratching some peoples antenna I went ahead and got some luckylabs side decals. Yet again, all this for an iPhone that's not even shipped yet lol

jp93

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I've got a few dollars to spend, which cases do you guys recommend the most?

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
I've had my black replicase for probably a month now or so...and believe it or not, it's my favorite case i've had. And i've had the Switcheasy Nude, Incipio Feather, Incase Snap and Apple Bumper.

One question, has anybody found a black Replicase with larger hole? This one seems to be larger, but it looks like it's a "smoke" color and i would prefer black.

Replicase

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Is there any good eBay bumper? One that's not massively thick like a lot of the eBay ones, and doesn't lift on the front/back screen covers?

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
This one rather caught my eye http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400144443575&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

So I thought for £2.99 I'd give it a bash, it just arrived now and I gotta say I'm rather impressed! Nice feel to it, nice design. Gives a grippy feel. Doesn't add much to the bulk of the phone.

Easy access to all buttons and ports, easy to take on and off. Really quite like it. Here are some pics:

SAM_0274.jpg

SAM_0273.jpg

Downsides it does attract smudges and fingerprints. Probably need to take it off every so often to clean inside but I think when I'm at home I'll have the phone naked. Think this is just protection when going out. Sorry I know the aren't the best of pics.

Kimball

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone tried any of the Incase Slider-replicas? Maybe they wont have the same front shield issue because of a less tight fit? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.