iPhone 4 stolen at Gun Point...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by T0XIC, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T0XIC macrumors newbie

lucky me, i was robbed on the lobby of where i live by three dudes at gun point, i literally had a gun pointed at my head, they took my iphone 4, wallet and 6 dollars (i don't carry cash).

I am planning on going to the apple store and see what are my options, i have a family plan and i am currently the account holder. I waited 9 hours in line, but i don't really care about the phone or the wallet, the worst thing is that i don't feel safe where a live.

any suggestions?

UPDATE: i was talking to an att rep who basically told me that my best option was to cancel my contract, pay ETF, pay what remains of the phone that i no longer have plus pro-rated usage charges which will send my bill upwards of $900 dollars.

UPDATE X2: apple didn't offer me much help either and instead transferred me back to att who ended up saying that i want an iphone i have to pay the full unsubsidized price plus taxes. Even after i told her about the uncontrollable circumstances.

I will try my luck at the apple store where i originally purchased the iphone, i will ultimately be looking into having the ETF waived.

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

3. Espo macrumors 6502

Suggestions?

Um... relocate.

I dont think Apple is gonna help you out. You may just have to buy a new phone for full price.

4. T0XIC thread starter macrumors newbie

i did a report and everything. they took the IMEI number and told me they can track it down if they ever try to register it.

5. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

6. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Good. That totally blows man, hope you find a safe place to live.

7. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Holy crap! Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're ok at least. Did they know you had the new iPhone?

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Dude! That sux...get you and your family out of there...where abouts do you live? :eek:

9. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

If you had insurance on your phone then you have to file a police report first, then phone them up and get a new phone sent out.

If not well you are pretty much out of luck.

Also move house....

10. T0XIC thread starter macrumors newbie

No mobile me, i just cant swallow $100 for mobile me. The crooks had no idea it was the iphone 4, he wanted the "ipod"

11. T0XIC thread starter macrumors newbie

I was not targeted they were just fishing and i took the bait, it could have anyone, they thought it was an ipod.

12. jdaniel macrumors 65816

I was just thinking that, sorry but I dont think you live in nice a building. but frankly not everyone can live in a nice safe building, so it doesnt have to be a slum to be unsafe, hope you get it resolved w/o too much cost somehow

13. bobright macrumors 601

are you kidding??? i would have went down fighting man and took a bullet for my iPhone

LOL joking, at least you werent harmed

14. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Do you have homeowners or renters insurance? It might be worth your while to make a claim if you do.

15. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I didn't think it was a slum, as criminals sometimes target upscale areas, but CLEARLY, the security in that building is lacking....:confused:

16. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Took the bait? Did they trick you into a scenario in which they could pull a gun on you? I'm asking just because you might be able to save someone else from the same fate.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear about this...

17. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Sigh. Just like the man who lost a finger over an iPad. People are willing to kill over a phone, so sad.

18. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Pics or it didn't happen.

Just kidding.

Sorry to hear about what happened.
    I remember before release, there was a thread about this very issue.
    It has since been closed but you have no idea how many people that post here carry a gun (obviously with the proper documentation and everything.)

I'd rather not this thread turn into another gun thread so I'll just stop there but I'm really sorry that you lost the phone but glad you're okay.

Call/go to Apple.
    See what your options are.

19. T0XIC thread starter macrumors newbie

they were waiting for someone to pass by (someone who looked like they had money)

20. Stein357 macrumors 6502

The worst part is they didn't even realize it was a phone. They'll probably just dump it when they figure out they can't do much with it. Sorry to hear that man. Too bad Apple can't activate the MobileMe feature in cases like this.

21. T0XIC thread starter macrumors newbie

In new york city only criminals can carry or conceal guns, everyone else is just ****ed.

22. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

23. T0XIC thread starter macrumors newbie

NYC

24. coasterider macrumors regular

I'm sorry to hear this happen to you, its very sad that people are able to get away with this.

MobileMe is free for 60 days. I activated it for the hell of it because now there is a 60 day buffer if something happens to my phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.