Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustLeft

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
In my particular case, the phone was not in any type of heat. During the 2 days that I had it, it was in air conditioning. I hard reset it and the problem didn't reoccur. Thing that bothered me is when the apple store said the phone registered it hit 130 degrees. Just picked up the replacement phone 2 hours ago. Will keep my fingers crossed on this one.

I had the same problem with my first 4G and my new one doesn't trip as much...

read here

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/950997/

interspire

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
iPhone 4 Over Heating!

Got a phone call on my iPhone 4 today.
It was discounted immediately with this image:

Over Heating message along with a network lost?

Is this due to the fact the iPhone 4 is over working to keep the signal?

Juicy D. Links

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Happened to me yesterday, but I accidentally left mine in my car yesterday when it was 98F. I have noticed my battery life declining though even before the incident. I'm not sure if the two go hand in hand.

Left mine in car as well and it was hot as hell.... I held it to the AC of the car then it cooled down hope i didnt mess annything up internally :eek:

interspire

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
Seems to more of a hardware failure than overheating.

BTW, did you leave your iPhone in a hot or near a hot place?

No just on my desk on the iPhone 4 dock. Not even plugged in.
A call came in and then it froze up and displayed that error!

The room is ac cooled so it's pretty chilly.

And ideas?

interspire

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I have booked it in for 2pm tomorrow.

I think I'm going to get a refund and wait till apple decides to pull there act together and sort out the signal loss that just keeps popping up!

It was fine at first but dropped call after dropped call is really starting to annoy me! I have never got a dropped call endless i was driving.

Apple are not the company they used to be so should we get used to it? Or fight back

ultima

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Has anyone got this problem

I use iPhone 4. I used iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS but never had any problem like this on iPhone 4 >.<
when my friend called me and I was about to pick up the phone and then I saw this message although it was cool outside :eek:
Temperature
Your iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it
I had to wait for about 5-10 mins to use it again :(:confused:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Yes.

If you had done a search, you would see that it's something that has happened since the original iPhone. Better that than to do irreparable damage to the components.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
iPhone 4 Temperature Message- Yes, another thread

So I searched various threads about this on the forum, but every one seemed to have legitimate reasons as to why there iPhone showed the "Temperature" message. Such as they left it in there car or put it under a lamp, whatever.

However, mine has no reason.

I took a trip today to a park but about a half hour away from my house. The AC was blasting and it was very cool in the car. My iPhone stayed in my pocket the entire time.

After awhile I checked my phone and I saw that the temperature message popped up on my screen saying it needed to cool down. My phone was not hot at all. It was never sitting in the sun, and it was in a air conditioned car. I started checking different parts of the phone to see if I could feel any heat but there was none; the phone was completely cool. The message would not go away until I restarted my phone.

Anyways, has anyone else experienced this? Is this just a glitch with the phone or maybe iOS 4?

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Maybe it got hot at some point in time when it was in your pocket. Perhaps when it was still hot in your car before the ac started to cool it down? And when you pulled it out and noticed the message it was already cooled down. But as you said it won't go away until you restart
A few mins is all it takes to get the temp up high enough for it to warn you, and it being in your pocket where it can't cool down just adds to it.

East

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2007
mine did that yesterday but i left it on the table in the dark in my cold room....

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Maybe it got hot at some point in time when it was in your pocket. Perhaps when it was still hot in your car before the ac started to cool it down? And when you pulled it out and noticed the message it was already cooled down. But as you said it won't go away until you restart
A few mins is all it takes to get the temp up high enough for it to warn you, and it being in your pocket where it can't cool down just adds to it.

If it did, it must have happened in mere seconds because I was on the phone right before I got in my car and no message showed up. And it was a call that lasted about 2 minutes, plus I was coming out of a air conditioned house...

So I really don't know.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
But if there is a problem with the temperature sensor, and given the amount of posts regarding it there could well be.... Hopefully Apple fixes this along with the other lists of problem

ElvisFreshly

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Steve Jobs addressed this issue earlier stating " Just carry it around in an ice pack .... simple." Apple is a joke with all these issues. FTL

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Steve Jobs addressed this issue earlier stating " Just carry it around in an ice pack .... simple." Apple is a joke with all these issues. FTL

You're still here?

Not only do you use the lame, old FTL, you don't even know what you're talking about. There are ALWAYS reports of problems after new products are introduced. Without valid statistics, no one can say either way whether they're widespread or not. All that matters is what your phone is like, and mine is perfect.

unclej

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
I received this as well..

It happened from the phone being in my pocket. Guess i have hot-pockets.

agjake01

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
IP4 Overheating Issue !!!! (Screenshot Error Msg)

Well I'm about twenty-four hours in to owning an IP4 and LOVE IT. I'm just a little concerned because I received an error message today regarding the IP4s internal temp. I received the message while the phone was idle with a few apps running in the background, nothing RAM intensive, no music or GPS apps. The phone was in an air conditioned room in a BB rubber sleeve and had been in use most of the day with about 50% battery life left.

I've read this has been an issue with previous generation hardware and can be a random one time event or can occur chronically.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• -1.png
    -1.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 111

Torq

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
The text on the slider cycles through various languages, just as it does on a non-activated phone. Activating the slider in this state lets you make emergency calls.

b00st3d

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
New Orleans
just happened to me as well. the phone was cool to the touch and just sitting on my desk. i wasn't outside nor was it next to anything hot.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Mine over heated this weekend. I was downloading an in app purchase via wifi for Navigon and my iPhone got very hot to the touch. I was outdoors and couldn't read the error message. Yikes!

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
iPhone 4 Temperature warning - 72F degrees (cool)inside the house!

what's going on! the whole day im inside the house. and the AC is turned on.
suddenly i got this temp warning! anyone experienced this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.