iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Infuse 4G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, May 5, 2011.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Samsung Infuse 4G. Available 5.15.11 in the States.

As a current iPhone 4 owner I won't make a decision about my next phone until we see what iPhone 5 entails this fall. However, I love the screen on the Infuse (4.5"). The Infuse is also thinner than the iPhone 4 and equal in weight.

Granted their are other factors to consider (Android of course, etc) but I want to play with this model when I can locally. 3.5" screen of the iPhone is just too small for me.

Attached Files:

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't know, but that screen looks almost too large. I imagine it would be difficult for most people to use it one handed. But, I can't wait to see one in person.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Android needs a Netflix streaming app in the worst way :(

SuperAMOLED+ at 4.5 inches is absolutely beautiful though...

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

That phone looks like it was made for me!!! If only it ran iOS :( I can't afford to abandon my iTunes account just yet. An iPhone that size (or Samsung Galaxy S2 sized) would be my ideal phone.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

The phone looks nice, but..

1) That phone is wayy too big. I think 4" is the largest i'd want it to go on a smartphone. 4.3" and now 4.5" are just confused between a tablet and a smartphone.

2) People need to understand that for some people, other phones are better for them than the iPhone. And i think iPhone =/= best smartphone ever.

3) i think SuperAMOLED is much better than the Retina Display, and should be Apple's next move (or something equivalent). After a screen size boost to 3.7" to 4".

4) i'm gonna wait until iPhone 5 and iOS 5 to make a judgement. Seems like iOS 5 will be a total revamp, so we'll see how that ends up. And iPhone 5 is looking pretty nice hardware wise as well.

6. aleni macrumors 68020

is superAMOLED the one that samsung galaxy s has? because when i look the text in the browser zoomed out on my uncle's galaxy S, it looks like crap.

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Learn what the difference is between SuperAMOLED and SuperAMOLED+ before you rush to make judgements...

8. AndrewR23, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

What judgement was he making? He was asking a question......

Edit- forgot to say what I meant to say......that phone looks HUGE haha. I like my iPhone 4 just fine. But a little increase (.5) won't hurt.

9. aleni macrumors 68020

i wasn't making any judgement, i was asking is the superAMOLED the one that is on GALAXY S? if yes, then it looks pixelated, if not, then i have no idea.

10. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Sorry about my above reply aleni :(

I apologize. My response came off different than I intended it. SuperAMOLED+ has alot more pixels than SuperAMOLED for a great viewing experience (not that I'm leaving the iphone)

11. aleni macrumors 68020

that's ok mate :D

so the superAMOLED+ has more pixels, so if it's used on the 4.5" screen, what resolution is it going to have? because my eyes is spoiled by the retina display, but i really need the screen to be bigger than my iPhone 4. i guess i better wait for iPhone 5 since i really can't leave iOS for Android, the App store has so much better apps than android, and i really use facetime alot.

PS. thanks AndrewR23! you were distracted because of me :p

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Exactly. It's rare to see anyone use clunky Android devices with 1 hand.

13. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Wait a month for either iPhone 5 or Galaxy S 2.

14. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

That phone is HUGE. The iPhone feels big in my pocket when I'm wearing shorts with smaller pockets. I can just imagine this thing...

I love how you are able to use the iPhone with one hand for basically everything. Aside from some games. I could not see myself using this phone with one hand. And I have pretty large hands.

15. ap3604 macrumors 68000

That's what she said...

(Sorry, had to ;))

16. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

That made me laugh.

Cheers.

17. wxman2003 Suspended

Guess it could serve as a food tray or surf board in an emergency. :eek:

18. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Ok, on second thought this is a tad large. 4.3" might be my limit/ideal size. I have big hands though so unfortunately I'm not Apples main demographic.

19. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Iphone screen size does need a bump, but I think that's a little to big. I think 4 inch is the perfect size. Jailbroken iPhone with 4 inch retina display would be my ideal phone.

20. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Since iOS has a Netflix streaming app I say the bigger the phones screen size the better :)

21. Thisis macrumors newbie

4.5' too big display, 4.27' of galaxy s2 is ok. guess iphone 4g will have 5' display :D

22. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Looks nice but I hate how at&t closes off android so you cannot easily side load apps. Plus no gingerbread niceness. :cool:

I found when I owned a droidx the size was too big for single handed operation. That is when on the subway holding onto the rail to keep steady I couldn't not easily use my phone. With the iPhone I have no such problem. Other then that I didn't find the droidx ungainly large. I'm not sure I'd want to return to a large form phone like that again however.

24. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

You can use the phone one-handed just fine if you use the voice navigation built in to android.

Send long texts or emails with two button presses (provided you aren't in a noisy area).

Also, swype makes it pretty easy to type with one hand in portrait mode.

It might not be easy for everyone, but its certainly possible.

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The screen on the Infuse makes the iPhone screen look washed out in comparison. There is really no way to compare as the Infuse is SO much better.