Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
In hindsight, it was wishful thinking to believe there would be a redesign so soon after the newly redesigned iphone 4. The spec bump is nice, but will we even notice a difference since the iphone 4 already runs fast and smooth. Where is the wow factor?

ssgrif

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
I can't speak German but is this not just suggesting which devices an iPhone 4 bumper fits?

Its a posting for an iPhone 4 bumper and its suggesting it also fits a 4S.

An iPhone 5 would have a different bumper....

This!

Why would you expect to see the iPhone 5 in this list when it has a different form factor (if you believe the evidence of the cases)? The iPhone 4/4S bumper simply woudnt fit the iPhone 5

ever the optimist

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
In hindsight, it was wishful thinking to believe there would be a redesign so soon after the newly redesigned iphone 4. The spec bump is nice, but will we even notice a difference since the iphone 4 already runs fast and smooth. Where is the wow factor?

Ummmm dual core chip, 1 gig ram, assistant, possibly multi network compatability 64gig capacity..... That's not enough for you?

Yes I would like a slightly bigger screen but don't care about a new case design (even though I wouldn't mind if they did it). I really hate the size of some of those mini tablets some are passing off as a smartphone these days. I'll take a 4s and love the extra speed.... especial when it gets released from prison ;)

Stop holding onto it people. It isn't happening. The iPhone 5 will not happen tomorrow.
The only reason you're so angry is because you can't flash around your new iPhone with a larger screen and act like you're something sent straight from heaven.
Grow up.
Maybe taking a bit of your own advice would be a good idea.... grow up. I would love to have a "5" released and I in no way feel the need to "flash it around" as you suggested. Not all of us are 12 year olds or act like one.

Last edited:

Illumination

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Georgia, USA
Stop holding onto it people. It isn't happening. The iPhone 5 will not happen tomorrow.

The only reason you're so angry is because you can't flash around your new iPhone with a larger screen and act like you're something sent straight from heaven.

Grow up.

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Extra speed?

the animations stutter and apps crash, and multitasking works like a bitch on my iTouch 4. lol

I'm excited. :D

Clown Boy

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2008
Ummmm dual core chip, 1 gig ram, assistant, possibly multi network compatability..... That's not enough for you?

So...

Dual Core = iPhone 4 is fast enough, only geeks & developers care about stuff like this.

1gig Ram = iPhone 4 is fast enough, only geeks & developers care about stuff like this.

iVoice= Fail, will NEVER recognise my Scottish accent and only cretins talk to phones anyway. Same as Facetime, use once, never use again. Actually if I see someone talking to their iPhone I will give them a solid headbutt.

Multi network compatability = I have travelled to over 30 countries with my iPhone and never had an issue, only affects Americans, I don't even know what CDMA or Verizon is tbh and don't care.

8mp Camera = Unless they change the sensor or lens then who cares, Megapixels mean nothing relating to quality!

Ultimately if this is all we are getting then its a MAJOR FAIL and nothing to get excited about. 16 months for nothing, gee thanks Apple.

Merlin9

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2011
Maybe the Iphone 4s is without a home button. Then it would have space for a larger touchscreen without a redesign...

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
I just figured out something and it so obvious now. The people who are getting these are probably migrating from the 3gs. So the wow factor is the retina display. Its just not new and exciting for the people who already has the iphone 4.

Apple will not redesign because they don't need to. The people upgrading are getting something much better than their old phones. A redesign would have meant that a large segment of people would have missed out on the iphone 4's design.

hayden1250

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
I am excited for the iPhone 4S, even if we are not going to see an iPhone 5. No doubt Apple will blow us away with the internals. I'm hoping for better battery life.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
So...

Dual Core = iPhone 4 is fast enough, only geeks & developers care about stuff like this.

1gig Ram = iPhone 4 is fast enough, only geeks & developers care about stuff like this.

iVoice= Fail, will NEVER recognise my Scottish accent and only cretins talk to phones anyway. Same as Facetime, use once, never use again. Actually if I see someone talking to their iPhone I will give them a solid headbutt.

Multi network compatability = I have travelled to over 30 countries with my iPhone and never had an issue, only affects Americans, I don't even know what CDMA or Verizon is tbh and don't care.

8mp Camera = Unless they change the sensor or lens then who cares, Megapixels mean nothing relating to quality!

Ultimately if this is all we are getting then its a MAJOR FAIL and nothing to get excited about. 16 months for nothing, gee thanks Apple.

so what do you want? larger screen - shall I say now that only geeks and developers care about this? Perhaps android manufacturers only have hardware to differentiate on, and so are slapping in faster CPUs and using larger screens to try and separate themselves from other devices. And maybe Apple simply think that the current size is the best balance between portability and usability?

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
...but i think the "iPhone 5" wedge that has been circulating has a high probability of going to be a new iPod Touch desgin.

Guess, that's what I will be buying then (especially if rumours that 3G enabled iPod Touches are been unveiled) and sticking to a cheap phone for voice (all too infrequent these days anyway).

But if that was the case, the iPod Touch would really steal the iPhone 4S' thunder tomorrow which I am not so sure Apple would ever allow.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
So...

Well then move on to another device that fits your needs better. Hank Williams had a wonderful song for you and those who think like you....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA67y3mqjMs

I'm neither a geek or a developer and I would love faster processor, more ram, 8mp camera, and assistant. I guess you're one of those that text and drive.... so who's the "cretin"? You sound pretty self centered.... You do realize there are more people in this world other than you right? Just because YOU don't want certain things doesn't mean people like me and the millions that WILL buy the 4s (if that's the only version coming out) don't want those things.

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
So...

couldnt agree more!
for me is fail=16 months after and same designed iphone..

jaxpro

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Motherwell
No iPhone 5 - I'm going windows Phone.

I am with Clown boy, if Apple don't release an iPhone 5 with bigger screen etc I am going Windows phone.

Have had every iPhone ever released, I was a bit bored with iOS but if they release an iPhone 4s i'm moving away from the iPhone.

Jp.

So...

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Excellent news!

I've wanted a 64Gb iPhone since I realised I can only fit about a 3rd of just the music content of my iTunes library on the 32Gb iPhone 3GS I currently have.

My contract is up on November 4th and I can go on a cheaper pay and go tariff and keep my existing phone till I can get the money together for an upgrade.

FranksWildYears

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Actually if I see someone talking to their iPhone I will give them a solid headbutt.

Guess things never change in Scotland.

Given that your signature reads "iPhone 4 = Fail", you clearly don't have much time for it in the first place. Surely a faster, more feature packed offering built around the same - irrefutably magnificent - aesthetic is a good thing? It still looks like it's from about a decade into the future when compared to HTC and so on.

A faster, better iPhone 4 with new features and without the antenna issue? Almost perfect.

paja

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2006
No iPhone 5 ?

Wow, this will be a major disaster if there is no newly designed and updated iPhone 5. Wall Street will see this as a major setback in the smartphone market.

HTC, Samsung and Motorola are pumping out new state of the art upgraded phones every four or 5 months and it takes Apple over a year to bring out a single new phone. That's truly pathetic! Apple just lost the smartphone war to Android. The iPhone 4S. Are you frigging kidding me.:mad:

That means no new iPhone 5 until early 2012 at best.

xelr8ar

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
Guys, do you think it is possible that the 4S could have a slightly larger screen or is this simply wishful thinking?

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Guys, do you think it is possible that the 4S could have a slightly larger screen or is this simply wishful thinking?

Probably wishful thinking but that would be nice. Same form factor with 4" screen yes please. Sorry to all the haters but IMHO i4 is the sexiest thing on the market and looks better than any other device out there. Glass and stainless way better looking and feeling than plastic and glass.

xelr8ar

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
My thoughts exactly. I think the design of the 4 is currently unrivalled and a slighter larger screen would be a fantastic compromise.

But yes, probably wishful thinking unfortunately :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.